Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Yeah, and I forgot WWE was doing PPVs the first Sunday of the month at that point, so it would have been before November.
  2. We should keep in mind that HHH did HBK's "Eliminate two giants all by myself" spot 10 years later.
  3. When does Forever Unchained Goldust come about? November?
  4. Well, at Mania 23 (which is what this set sounds similar too in concept, though much smaller I'd hope since the Mania wall was HUGE in person) they'd have a giant silhouette of Bobby Lashley for his entrance, but Edge just had a bunch of wacky moving line patterns. Another example (as mentioned) would be Kane's burning NYC at Mania XX - HE had a cool thing like that, but that doesn't mean they had to come up with something cool for Scotty 2 Hotty.
  5. Having Crush fight in Earthquake is great. So I guess TSM doesn't watch this anymore?
  6. Justice keeps trying to screw contenders out of their final 2 points in Gauntlet.
  7. Because people here are insane. I was also prepared for complaints if I didn't spoiler tag the type of pyro they were getting. Just covering the bases.
  8. Yeah, I'm not actually interested in seeing Haas or the mask in the match since neither are particularly over - just throwing it out there. I certainly don't want to see 3 - which would end up being 4 - faces of Foley either. But like, just one extra one would be a cute spot.
  9. Notes from WO.com (the spoiler tag is fairly insignificant - basically just an active member of the roster not listed as doing anything in an official preview - just want to be safe)
  10. Anyone up for seeing Charlie Haas and Masked Charlie Haas as two entrants? Or another Foley personality?
  11. Yes, in an awesome Rumble moment Maven dropkicked Undertaker in the 2003 Rumble and Taker stumbled towards the ropes but did not go over. Maven, assuming it worked, danced around declaring "two times! two times!" while holding up 2 fingers. He turned around to see Taker still in there and got his ass handed to him.
  12. We really should get a mod to combine these threads.
  13. Rumble qualifying matches on house shows exist. Tell that to Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore.
  14. Still nothing on BDV though.
  15. DVD is far from dead, so I'd say yes. Note: I have no idea how close it is to death or not, but much in the same way VHS lived on for years after DVD became standard (which as far as I know, it still is), I don't see standard DVD releases going anywhere. I know I'm not in the market to buy an expensive player for a new medium that costs $10 more than a DVD for some better clarity.
  16. But it changes via special video images! At one point I was hoping they would have made the new SNME set a permanent piece (maybe just for Raw) since it was so basic yet awesome with all the lights. I'm looking forward to how this new set looks though.
  17. With the brand extension it's a bit less obvious who will win. 2006 was one of those "HHH or Rey could win", and since they traditionally shy away from giving big wins to small guys like Rey, it was surprising that they'd follow through. I know my friends and I thought Rey SHOULD win because HHH didn't need to, but just assumed HHH would win anyway.
  18. I thought that Yoko had been off his feet before that by Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Yoko destroying Duggan is why he wasn't in the Rumble. 2005 is another great Rumble, but I think since it followed 2004, it gets forgotten. I think the Duggan thing happened in February, and that's just going by memory, but they were still building to that on the Raw after the Rumble. I don't know why he wasn't in the Rumble though other than the review of the 1992 Primetime show that was on 24/7 that I read on TOA made some mentions about Duggan being mentioned for the match as something that would need to be corrected, said in a way that implied contract issues.
  19. I'm actually curious how the change to HD will look to Joe Standard with the new set and such. KOAB and I also both assumed last week that Big Show will be HHH's opponent this week and Meltzer has been guessing that (with a question mark) as well.
  20. The dumbest thing about that was they went right back to the "Yokozuna has never been off his feet" gimmick the next night on Raw. Bartlett - in one of the only intelligent things he ever said - mentioned Randy's good outing in the Rumble and how he took down Yokozuna, met by Savage having to yell back that he didn't. Though I guess it's debatable whether or not Yokozuna knocked himself over or Savage did with axe handles (I don't remember the spot exactly, but I thought it was Yoko runs at the trunbuckles, Savage moves, Yoko is groggy and Savage does an axehandle knocking him down). Savage eliminating himself but not really is an odd moment from 92.
  21. From The Simpsons: Headline: TODAY WE REMEMBER DR. KING Underneath: Tomorrow we don't.
  22. Well that wasn't planned (so they say) so it's tough to hold it against it. 2003 was pretty good - the first post Brand Extension Rumble had some fresh dynamics (the early stuff with Rey, Edge, Jericho, etc. is some good stuff). Gotta feel for Nowinski though. Matt and Shannon's shenanigans throughout were fairly amusing.
  23. Your "Festus" typo amuses me... the very idea that "Fetus" is the #4 gimmick of the year. And just to clarify, yes, WON Award Terminology for Overrated / Underrated means "Overpushed" and "Underpushed". Not sure why Dave just doesn't call the categories that...
  24. Gotta say, the truth about the stickers is pretty interesting.
×
×
  • Create New...