Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. If Sting won't work in the ring for them, they should at least try to come to terms on a DVD. That, or get Jeff Farmer to play the role of Sting looking back on his career. Much love to the 4 Horsemen DVD, but I don't think I'd be able to sit through Arn Anderson kayfabing a 90 minute plus documentary style DVD about his career.
  2. Rumble 2004 would be really, really hard to release edited.
  3. treble have you received any more funny letters from the landlord? THOSE should have brought in a big crowd.
  4. I think all of those themes except Goldberg's and the intro music (and possibly Bischoff's interview music) were legit themes of the time. On that note, I LOVE fake Michael Buffer. Is it me or do the boo's that Eric Bischoff was getting during his entrance sound incredibly fake? "Hey Shawn, you can make fun of me all you want but leave The Simpsons out of it" - Bret Hart on Raw. That got a laugh out of me.
  5. One of the more baffling things with Punk - though I imagine this could be blamed more on the booking of the shows - but apparently the matches I've never seen on a free TV show that airs in Canada 12am Friday with John Morrison have been great, but the matches I actually paid to see on PPV with the same opponent have been average at best.
  6. I remember Jonathan Torrens and crew investigating this back in like, 1992 on Street Cents. It was company policy if they remembered to do it.
  7. Apparently it was a myspace announcement. I imagine it was made directly to Enigma to pass on to everyone else.
  8. Yeah, Zachery Ty Bryant I believe.
  9. I hear ya, KKC. We have a similar thing here (a church!) that's been amusing me since 2002. I finally took a picture of it last Spring.
  10. Surely a momentous days that sent everyone running to TSM. Still not as bad as Rosie vs. Trump.
  11. Is "Zach and Kurt" some sort of rib on Gowan and Angle?
  12. Finlay and Jerry Flynn vs Bryan Adams and Scott Norton. CLEARLY a bout worthy of the top WCW show of the year, though maybe not as worthy as Saturn vs Ernest Miller. This show is really good at summing up why this company went out of business (besides the obvious). Plus side: Finlay's production and therefore I assume not free "Rock Energy" theme song made the cut and wasn't edited. I hate to admit it but Bischoff's asshole promo made me laugh. "In Ric Flair's 104 year career he hasn't saved a dime". Jericho's promo was also very good (and hooray for Fake Evenflow!) but I have no hope for this match with Konnan. Fun Note: Check out the chick in the audience wearing the Wolfpac shirt during Konnan's entrance. I'm sure you'll recognize her.
  13. The Ladder Match DVD will be airing next month, but in 4 parts. Since most DVD parts are 90 minutes, one would assume they managed to cut away all the Benoit matches and make it "two discs". The two MSG shows next month are part of the debut theme, which explains why I saw a clip of mid 80s Bret Hart when they were advertising debuts (which means it WILL be just Raw debuts, to bring on Batists vs Justin Credible!). The 1980 show features Evil Hogan vs. Tito Santana (also on the Hogan Anthology Wal-Mart disc, but screw that I've never seen it), Kerry Von Erich's MSG debut, and what I can only assume is some sort of legendary Zybysko vs Sammartino bout. The 1985 show has Bret's MSG debut, Neidhart's MSG debut, and a 20 minute Tito vs. Valentine match.
  14. Was that the guy with the Tom Selleck Mustache and a SubWoofer hidden in his voicebox? Yes, he's also the current voice of Tony the Tiger.
  15. Benoit alert! (sorry Al). They mention that he's banned from the building (along with the rest of the Horsemen). Too bad the rest of Starrcade can't be as good as the opener (which I just finished watching). It reminds me of watching December to Dismember last year without reading the results or feedback... I watched The Hardys vs MNM and thought "well if the REST of the show is as good as this match...". We know how that one turned out. I marked for Heenan making an Al Bundy reference.
  16. So I bought the real DVD yesterday (which as many long ago realized is not 7 discs... in fact, it's just one). A neat thing I can't say I've ever seen or heard of before is that, with the writer's commentary, when they have something important to say and don't want to talk about it over something else, they actually stop the movie.
  17. DrVenkman PhD

    I...

    Lucky for you, your provider isn't giving you any new content to review anyway... Seriously though, looking forward to a speedy recovery.
  18. I don't mind it (in fact I think it's a nice production touch) when WWE has all the announcers introduce themselves while the PPV's theme is playing, but good lord, the Starrcade music (which I have to imagine was different originally due to the sound quality) stops and we have to listen to Tony Schivonie drone on at their stupid desk that faces away from the ring.... then they throw it to Gene Okerlund! "HOTLINE NOT ACTIVE - DO NOT CALL" - good times. They should have thrown it to Lee Marshall for some bad weasel puns on top of it all.
  19. Pronounced "Scraw-bee" as far as I know, but is funnier to place as "scroty-Doobie-Doo" Edit: New entry - apparently his name has a TSM filter and turns into "scorty".
  20. I never really how forceful he can be in the ring until I heard the first big Kennedy bash about the match with Michaels. When I watched Jannetty vs Kennedy last week, I kinda thought "hmm, did Ken need to smash Marty's knee into the mat THAT hard? Did he need to pieface him THAT forcefully?". I thought maybe I was just being a mark about it but sure enough, without naming those specific spots, Alverez's review of the 15th Anniversary show mentioned something about Kennedy's forceful nature. On another note, yesterday's WO.com daily report said to assume Drew McIntyre was moved to Raw based on the Monday show. Did I miss something?
  21. I think it only applied to that particular reign (like Orton/HHH from 2004). Plus Batista would have a right to a rematch.
  22. I watched the intro to Starrcade 98 before going to sleep last night - good lord that intro was bland and boring (was possibly more exciting music lost in dubbing?). And they just keep rambling forever until they actually start the show! That effect where the wrestler's name is on a piece of paper with a camera going all shakey for the TurnerTron is really annoying too.
  23. In what I hoped would end up being the case, Cogeco here put up Troops 06 with this week's update after not having it all last week.
  24. Sorry, guess I missed that. I see that was originally from a post about JBL and I was more or less just skimming those.
  25. Matt Striker is a good choice. I didn't care for Dok Hendrix's commentary back in the mid 90s but Michael Hayes could work. Steve Corino is a dark horse candidate. Maybe Tazz if they found someone else for Joey (Dreamer? Striker?) but I thought there were stories about tension between Tazz and Cole (and Tazz seemed more than happy to insult Cole wherever possible at ONS II and I believe the ECW vs WWE show).
×
×
  • Create New...