Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. "What happened there? Did lightning strike the transmitor?"
  2. Figured I might as well get the ball rolling on the August thread. What are the chances that: 1. Unforgiven's (or No Mercy, if it's a Cena rematch at Unforgiven) Raw main event will be Umaga vs Randy Orton for the WWE title. 2. People will actually want to see this?
  3. Schedule updated on first post.
  4. I assume the main event was non title? Not that matters since it was a DQ (I had originally just skimmed the results and saw Flair and Batista listed as winners).
  5. Cogeco was good this week, everything but Judgment Day 07 (expected due to the current policy of not putting up the newer shows, which I hoped would end by this show since I haven't seen it) and all there just shortly after midnight. Man I was disappointed when my assumption that an outdoor WCW battle royal must have been the junkyard one turned out wrong. That match from Road Wild 98 is incredibly boring, but it was good to know they have the rights to the Wolfpac theme, I guess.
  6. HHH will take that call.
  7. August is almost upon us, so here's a listing of shows we will most likely all say we didn't receive, then discuss once we did: WWE.com synopsis: August 2007: SummerSlam...Biggest Party of the Summer All August, relive the best summertime matches under the sun as WWE 24/7™ On Demand hosts “SummerSlam®: The Biggest Party of Summer™.” Plus, don't miss all this great action: LEGENDS WWE Hall of Fame: Junkyard Dog – It’s time to “Grab them Cakes” and get down with the Dog as we look back at one of WWE’s most popular Superstars. Follow JYD from his early days in Stampede Wrestling to memorable WWE battles against Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and “King” Harley Race. Includes emotional 2004 Hall of Fame induction. THE BIG ONES SummerSlam ‘97 – WWE’s Biggest Party of the Summer features a night of championships and controversy. Mankind battles Triple H in a Steel Cage Match. Stone Cold Steve Austin takes on Owen Hart for the WWE Intercontinental title. The Undertaker defends the WWE Championship against “Hitman” Bret Hart with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee. SummerSlam ‘89 – The 2nd edition of WWE’s Summertime celebration features Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake battling “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Zeus. The Ultimate Warrior and Rick Rude face off for the WWE Intercontinental title. The Brain Busters and the Hart Foundation battle for the WWE Tag Team titles and much more. TV CLASSICS The Monday Night War – Michael Cole hosts two (2) new episodes as WWE and WCW continue the battle for Monday Night dominance. WCW’s top stars look to stand up and challenge the nWo on Nitro. Raw features an ECW invasion, plus huge matchups including Bret Hart vs. Triple H and The Rock vs. Vader. World Class Championship Wrestling – As the calendar turns to 1983, the action is really heating up down in Texas. Hosts Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich bring you all the highlights, as the Freebirds team with David Von Erich to go after the WCCW Six Man Tag Team Title. A wild 18 Man Battle Royal Pole Match features King Kong Bundy and The Spoiler, plus so much more. SHORTIES The Summer is all about fun-in-the-sun, so enjoy these fantastic outdoor matches: Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs. Sting and Lex Luger at Spring Break in Panama City Ric Flair defends the NWA Championship vs. Kerry Von Erich at Texas Stadium The Road Warriors vs. the Fabulous Freebirds for the AWA Tag Team Championship at Comiskey Park in Chicago. Bret Hart defends the Intercontinental Title vs. hometown hero The British Bulldog at SummerSlam in Wembley Stadium in London. --- Sunflower cable schedule: Week 1 - August 1st - 7th: Free Section: WWE 24/7 August Preview "Bret Hart" Preview "Ric Flair" Preview SummerSlam Preview Legends: Junkyard Dog - Hall of Fame piece JYD vs Hart Foundation (JYD and Bulldog) JYD vs Ric Flair (Clash of the Champions XI) JYD vs Terry Funk (MSG, 1985) TV Classics: Monday Night War - February 23, 1997 ("Raw is ECW") History of ECW - December 10, 1995 Primetime Wrestling - August 14, 1989 (Extended edition: Summerslam hype show) Big Ones: SummerSlam 1989 Judgment Day 2007 Nassau Coliseum show - June 10, 1989 Shorties: Hulk Hogan vs Paul Orndorff (The Big Event) Al Snow vs Big Bossman (SummerSlam 99) Ric Flair vs Von Erich (1984) Tazz vs Louie Spicoll (1997) WCW Battle Royal (Road Wild 1998 - nWo vs nWo vs Bill Goldberg) Week 2 - August 8th - 14th: TV Classics: NWA Wrestling (scheduled to be 11/16/85, might be a redo of 11/09/85) WCCW - January 1, 1983 Legends: WrestleFest 88 Week 3 - August 15th - 21st: Legends: JYD vs. Adrian Adonis JYD vs. Randy Savage JYD vs. Harley Race Ric Flair and the Four Horsemen TV Classics: History of ECW - December 17, 1995 Tuesday Night Titans - January 10, 1986 Raw is War - July 28, 1997 (last Raw before SummerSlam 97) Big Ones: SummerSlam 1997 (two parts) Boston Gardens - October 12, 1985 Shorties: Bret Hart vs British Bulldog (SummerSlam 92) Terry Funk vs Chris Candido (WCW Thunder?) Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs Sting and Lex Luger (Panama City Spring Breakout) Road Warriors vs Freebirds (AWA) Ric Flair vs Randy Savage (the Baywatch themed Bash at the Beach) Week 4 - August 22nd - 28th: Legends: SummerSlam's Greatest Hits (Sean Mooney hosted video) TV Classics: CWF - January 4, 1986 Monday Night War - March 3, 1997 ("Raw is Germany") NWA Wrestling (either November 16th or 23rd, depending on above).
  8. The story the match told suggested Lashley was already injured and this is a kayfabe way to write him off.
  9. He seemed pretty favourable about it recently. When discussing things like the Kennedy rant, he noted that people were focusing too much on Nancy's first bad night and not how knowledgeable someone with no knowledge at all became in such a short time. Though his most recent mention of her, his tone seemed a bit aggrivated (noting Alverez had been bumped 4 times already).
  10. Re: Meltzer Go read his 1986 WWF notes, then find that webpage that lists all the matches he gave ***+ to, especially in more modern times. You can't tell me that man didn't gave up being "embarassed" by the Fed long ago and just decided to dole out star ratings and accept the direction of the business. I agree there is too much MMA coverage I don't give a crap about in the Observer (and I really wish he had the time to do a seperate MMA Observer) but to say that he's jaded NOW is absurd.
  11. I was really down on the guy by the end of 2002 and was glad to see him go in 2003. His work and attitude in TNA didn't help my view on him at all, but he seemed to be working really hard this run - I was JUST having the "Jeff has been working really hard" conversation with a friend last night. He was having good matches and was actually becoming a highlight of Raw. This is quite unfortunate. On that note, at least he made it a year (or just about). When he was re-hired in 2006 I figured he'd be gone by the end of the year.
  12. I forgot all about that but now that iwas brought up, I do recall hearing the Hennig rumours. If memory serves, Flair was first promising the "Ultimate surprise" for Hogan, then started promising the "Perfect response". Was WCW just dicking everyone around or was there at least some negotations with these people? I forget if Renegade existed because WCW felt they could do a good rip off or if talks with the real Warrior fell apart and this was plan B.
  13. I thought Raw was competently booked and was an ok show. I was surprised to see Lashley job to Kennedy but was happy to see it. I suspected he must have a legit injury and sure enough that's what's being reported. On another note, and I won't name name's because that's not how I roll, but someone in this thread sure was making an effort to break from the pack in terms of being totally annoying and worthless to the board.
  14. Oh right... I forgot all about that, truth be told.
  15. Fair enough. Can someone explain this statement from WO today? I have no idea what Meltz's cryptic messages about "last night" and "worst timing possible" mean. Is Paul Heyman in the news or something? "In the worst timing possible award for today, as opposed to last night, on WWE 24/7's Legends show, the topic was backstage heat. Jerry Lawler was a guest and they brought up his breaking Paul Heyman's jaw with a punch in the 80s. They asked him if he did it on purpose. He said yes, and said he even waited two nights to do it so it wouldn't be obvious"
  16. Leave it to TNA to sign not just any reject, but a super roided WWE reject AND at a issue sensitive time.
  17. In what universe is that "matching outfits"?
  18. I was aware of wrestling when my classmates in grade school mentioned it but I never watched it. Then one day I was flipping through the channels and my eye caught a wrestler cutting a promo against a graphic with his name and logo on it (Ted DiBiase, I think). Of all the things that swayed me, that was it. I have no idea why I just randomly decided one fateful day in 1991 to watch wrestling, but that's my memory - the on screen graphics. For much of that spring / early summer, I watched Superstars on the TVs at Sears while my mom did shopping on Saturday.
  19. There's one place I know of in the Detroit area that is a Mobil gas station (I think), some huge convenience store with lots of variety, and an A&W all in one. Very convenient.
  20. I'm going to guess that, for whatever reason, the problem didn't effect Canada (Scott Keith also got and reviewed the show). Al: Is the pre-mature August thread going to be unlocked or should a new one be started?
  21. Devil's Crush is pretty damn fun. I used the leftover Wii points to buy Zelda II for the hell of it too, my memory of that game not being that good has been replaced with nostalgia of playing it everyday after school and making maps. Love the music too.
  22. "It grossed a combined total of $71,850,000 in its opening weekend, taking it to the top of the box office, and making it the fifth highest opening weekend for a July release ever, and highest July opening for a non sequel." Also, in regards to : .
  23. I always got the impression from the Observers of that time that Meltzer didn't know what to believe from crazy Kurt.
  24. Wow, almost $72M for Simpsons. I figured it would have a strong weekend, but not that strong. Good ting too, the movie is great.
  25. Niagara Falls chain food is overpriced. The Denny's there is supposed to be outrageous (and is also the only Denny's in Southern Ontario I'm aware of). Sometimes when I'd visit a friend of mine in London, we'd go to a Chinese buffet place called King's. Their map indicated they had locations all over Ontario but just stopped expanding south of London, meaning I don't have on here.
×
×
  • Create New...