DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Excellent stuff, can't wait to see it again with a different group of a friends on Tuesday. . The friend I went with liked it but also had the secondary character complaint. I read on wikipedia that "two movies worth" of stuff had to be cut including lines from Minnie Driver and Erin Brokovich. Maybe Skinner and co. had more lines in some of those cuts?
-
So, I have to ask, is the actual PROGRAM mislabeled November 9th? I missed the 26th so I didn't see it, but the show I have labeled as the 9th opens up with a Billy Graham video package, then the little blue chyron says "November 9, 1985"
-
Congress Asks Vince McMahon For WWE Testing Details & Results
DrVenkman PhD replied to Enigma's topic in The WWE Folder
As long as everyone stays in business an I don't lose my TV shows, PPVs, DVD releases, and 24/7 broadcasts (selfish, I know), hooray for possible positive changes. -
Hey Shinj, get on my case if you see me on IRC later and I haven't watched that Metroid thing. I keep meaning to watch it when I get home from work and keep forgetting. Also, this facebook group looks pretty good: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204729358 Lots of good pictures. Nostalgia = good times.
-
Major restaurants and stores not in your area?
DrVenkman PhD replied to Vern Gagne's topic in Food Folder
My mistake. It's Roy Rogers that's the Hardee's Jr. clone too, right? I saw Checker's in Maryland but in Michigan they were all Rally's until either last year or late 2005, then they were all renamed Checker's. -
This was something I was thinking about with the "Chains not in your area" thread. I'm sure there are other examples of this worth discussing and I couldn't come up with the right wording for the thread (I was thinking "conglomoration") but the idea is weighing the pros and cons between chains that merge into one or those funky places I see in the US where it's half KFC half Taco Bell. Where I live, we used to have 4 major convenience store chains: Mac's, Beckers, Winks, and 7-11. Now we have 2. Basically, the "Couche-tard" company absorbed Winks, Beckers, and Mac's and turned them all into Mac's but with the winks logo and colours (blue sign with a red winking owl as opposed to a yellow sign with a cat, persumably named Mac). I thik Mac's and Winks might have been owned by the same company for a long time anyway, but the total merger (and elimination of any trace of Beckers) has caused some changes. Pros: The brand of chocolate milk Beckers sold was tops. Now all the stores get it with the Mac's logo. Froster's are no Slurpee, but it's good that they're streamlined now. Cons: Loss of individuality. I'm probably wrong but I blame this merger for arcade cabinets vanishing from these stores. Most importantly, while Mac's and Beckers sold generic food in a bag for reheating, Winks had a whole hot food counter with some decent chicken and incredibly awesome potato wedges. Those are all gone now. So yeah, this thread is basically me publically complaining about Winks no longer selling potato wedges. Anyone else have any examples?
-
Major restaurants and stores not in your area?
DrVenkman PhD replied to Vern Gagne's topic in Food Folder
Quiznos has slowly been opening some stores here in Windsor. They had one store open sometime in the early 00s, I don't remember. Anyway because everyone likes to go to new places this place was incredibly busy and didn't seem to be quite worth it (admittedly, the line-up and busy nature made the line set up where I was immediatley asked what I wanted just by stepping close to the counter and didn't want to hold up the line forming behind me so I ended up with something I only moderatley wanted). On the flip side, 7-11s seem to be slowly closing here. One downtown in a crappy neighbourhood closed and that was fine because I remember going there when I worked midnights at the nearby Art Gallery and thinking it was never as nice as the other Sevs. Shortly after that, a nice store that I had been going to for years, especially when my grandmother lived in that end of town and a video game store was across the street, just up and closed. We still have 3 in the city, though, and one is near the University and will probably never go out of business. I don't know if this effects all of Canada, but at least in my travels through Souther Ontario, there are no White Castles, Hardees/Carls/Checkers, Sonics, non KFC chicken places, or non Taco Bell taco places anywhere. A&W here has been mall food court only for years but a stand alone place just opened a few months ago. We have Applebees here but no TGI Fridays (I like their Jack Daniels BBQ sauce based foods as well as their mexican stuff). Mr. Sub also seems to be on the endangered list here. Two locations have closed in the last 5 years (that I know of - a few months ago I took place in one of those sessions where they pay you to discuss whatever and one of the people at the session said she worked for Mr. Sub, which caused another participant to ask where as he thought they all went out of business). We have one at a mall and another at a Mac's, but since most Mac's partner with Subway, I wonder how much longer that will last. Subway is my favourite anyway. -
Which Saturday am I supposed to be voting for John Saxon of Elm Street fame? Tomorrow? Next Saturday? Last Saturday? 2 weeks ago? Dude, you've had that signatue forever.
-
I didn't realize the 2007 version of the Western Whopper was jalapeno free. *shakes fist* Edit: Oh, I see... "Texas" = jalapenos, "Western" = BBQ Sauce. It was my own confusion.
-
They're going to start labeling Aquafina with a disclaimer that it's water from a public source.
-
Damn you, Tuesday Movie Night group! I am totally itching to see this movie TONIGHT knowing it will probably be funny enough to see again on Tuesday with the group I usually go with on Tuesday, but I don't want to go by myself. I'll try and find someone else that wants to go tonight.
-
Wrestling Observer News (March 1986)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Bruiser Chong's topic in General Wrestling
Yeah I thought that was an interesting / timely little blurb. The "WWF Pharmacy" line was pretty funny too as well as The Rockers being called "American Express. -
Wrestling Observer News (March 1986)
DrVenkman PhD replied to Bruiser Chong's topic in General Wrestling
Old School Meltzer is harsh but funny. -
WWE General Discussion for July 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
Damn, I only read as far as people scoring in the 800 range. I thought I was setting a TSM record! Out with 1134. Combination of not carrying once I realized I needed to play much longer to beat Jingus' score and not knowing what the hell move _ELL ____ (4 letter word I already forget) was. Not Hell either. -
WWE General Discussion for July 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
I'm rollin with a 938 right now ("Mr. Socko coming up three times has helped). Oooh, sneaky. Trying to end my game with the word "Pilebriver". -
WWE General Discussion for July 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
I'm wondering if they've been fixing it because I had "La Magistral Cradle" just now. -
WWE General Discussion for July 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
The Human in Human Torture Rack threw me. Why does it just randomly declare I lose? I seem to have usable health. I owned "Small Package" (only guessed S and E) -
Funny that I have the right NWA show since I don't have the Bash or Backlash.
-
I know when I first subscribed to 24/7 last summer it was shortly after WWE began airing recent PPVs on the channel and Cogeco here didn't have Judgment Day - Vengeance 2006 (not sure about Backlash). I actually thought it might have been a problem with the Canadian DVD distributor since they release them later in Canada, making their 24/7 airing and DVD release very close together, but then SummerSlam 2006 - Royal Rumble 2007 came on 24/7 without a problem.
-
Chuck and Larry was the first time we actually had to leave the first theatre we went to (got there at 9:40 for a 10:05 show) to go to another theatre down the road (for the 10:15 show) because of a sell out. The other theatre ended up selling out too (one of my friends that was running late pulled the old "get a different movie ticket" trick). I've never had a Tuesday night sell-out, especially for the late showing. It's worth noting that there is some sort of gay week thing going on here though, maybe that was a factor? Anyway, very funny movie.
-
Survivor Series 93 always was (and still as, best I could tell) scheduled to be on for 3 weeks, expiring next week. I know this because I made a point to check the date to see how long I had to find a new VHS tape (the rarest form of recording material on earth right now). Last I checked I didn't have the Bash for Hall of Fame, but had CWF, SNME, and NWA. Somehow I knew I wouldn't get the HOF or Bash (Cogeco and/or WWE is very bad with updating the Legends section correctly and skips certain Big Ones lately).
-
I tend not to go into this blind, but that was one of my first VC purchases and I was all hyped up to spend money. "A game called Bloody Wolf and a pinball game that almost sounds like Devil's Crush? I'M THERE!" That said, I do like AC.
-
He was in the Legends of Wrestling game series! It gets no more Legendary than that.
-
WWE General Discussion for July 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to Hunter's Torn Quad's topic in The WWE Folder
I did find it a bit odd that outside of those initial SummerSlam teasers with a plane flying around with the Jackass logo (which I think aired during the Draft), it was never brought up again. -
For whatever reason, that's the game I thought I was getting when I downloaded Alien Crush. I think I realized they were two different games but I got it anyway. I wish there were trade-in options on VC.