Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Don't let unfounded internet rumours deter your interest just yet.
  2. It might have been on the Cloverfield wiki and removed, but I actually think I saw it first on the "Zilla" wiki page (long story short, I noticed that "Godzilla 2" was listed as a possible 2009 release when trying to make a 2007 movie schedule and began looking more stuff up on wiki). So, technically, it's rumored that Zilla is in Cloverfield, not Godzilla. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zilla
  3. Yeah I read on Wikipedia that it's probably Godzilla, and that's good enough for me.
  4. Speed runs are proof of how short some old games were if you knew exactly what you were doing. I actually find it kinda sad someone can beat Ninja Gaiden in 11 minutes just because of how hard that game is supposed to be, but clearly these people have put a lot of hours into the game.
  5. It wasn't going to suceed once they failed to met expectations on their last tour of Italy. It was more or less shelved after that.
  6. August has a proper preview now. Legends = JYD ("from his early days in Stampede Wrestling to memorable WWE battles against Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and “King” Harley Race") Big Ones = SummerSlam 89 and 97 Shorties = "Outdoor Match" theme featuring Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs. Sting and Lex Luger at Spring Break in Panama City, Ric Flair defends the NWA Championship vs. Kerry Von Erich at Texas Stadium, The Road Warriors vs. the Fabulous Freebirds for the AWA Tag Team Championship at Comiskey Park in Chicago, and Bret Hart defends the Intercontinental Title vs. hometown hero The British Bulldog at SummerSlam in Wembley Stadium in London.
  7. 7 days short of a year. Hogan's reign when he beat Savage was closer, lasting 364 days.
  8. BiffEverchad is also supposed to be a good trader.
  9. In the long run it might have none, but there must be a lot of re-writing of various ideas (mainly whatever was going to be going on with McMahon 'dead') going on which could end up effecting the reign. Maybe where they once thought Orton winning the title at SummerSlam was a great idea, they now have a major plan that involves Cena keeping the belt. Really though, I think he just meant "who knows what the hell is going on right now".
  10. Apparently quoting something you read in 2005 without ever stating you believed it or not is grounds to be spoken back to with a tone of attitude. Anyway, I thought that KFC and Taco Bell being in Crazy Taxi - which was over 7 years ago now - was pretty cool. Again, it all goes to how the advertising is presented, which has been said at least 6 times already but unless you're just dead set against it (without bothering to state why or what the problem with proper, contextual ads are), it should be the view of the majority. It would be a sad day if a load screen in a game was plastered with a "Subway - Eat Fresh " logo for absolutely no reason, but if that's where the main character gets his food from (assuming it's set in our world), or it's mentioned in an unforced manner in dialogue, or a billboard, or the like, what's the harm?
  11. Way for everyone to not give any links. Oh, no, that's ok, I'll just type in the names of the websites and let google do the work. Much more convenient for everyone.
  12. WO.com update: On that topic, I believe 11 days ago he passed his first title reign's length.
  13. The splash image for August is HBK in a ref's shirt, so SummerSlam 97 might be part of the month anyway. I quite enjoyed the latest ECW episode, that was a pretty nice Sabu video package (complete with a Benoit appearance!). This was also the first time I've ever seen all of Thursday Raw Thursday as I believe TSN was only giving the 2 hour Raws 90 minutes (I could be remembering this wrong but I know it happened a few times, and the night they did air this Raw my cousin was over and wanted to play Mario Kart 64). Sid vs Austin was not bad. Was that the first Headbangers match in the Fed or had they wrestled (not counting the Nuns gimmick) on Superstars or Shotgun already? Sunny was smokin as well. And of course, the ad for Duckman! On Nitro... boy was that a sad torture rack Nash used. I love Hall's chokeslam though, always have.
  14. My MNW is listed by Cogeco as being 4 minutes and as such I kept getting a "rental expired" message. I just hit resume and it would keep going.
  15. I like 91 the best but I lack a copy of 88 or 94. I was happy to come home and find MNW and ECW available. I think it's silly to call MNW worthless just because Benoit is currently being edited - it's still my favourite nostalgia trip.
  16. I wouldn't say it was pro-ad, it was basically EA saying "Godfather on 360 should cost $100" (or games that would require similar production costs in the future) and that game ads in sports games and such help keep costs normal.
  17. By the way, did anyone get the ECW show that was scheduled for this week?
  18. Drew (who hasn't added me to his Wii list yet!), I believe I said "production becomes costlier and the lack of savings are passed on to the consumer".
  19. I read an article (I think in EGM) awhile back that pretty much scared me into believing ads in games were the best thing ever. The gist (which funny enough seems to be something I've only heard out of the above mentioned EA) is with every generation's upgrades, production becomes costlier and the lack of savings are passed on to the consumer.. but ads, those wonderful ads, will help us not pay $100 for a Xbox 360 game.
  20. It costs $4 to see a movie on Tuesday (in Canada), who cares about this "let's wait for DVD" nonsense and "R rating" fiasco. It's a really entertaining 2 hours. There was one scene though (and I think bob alluded to it) where McLane and Farrell are in the tunnel and Justin Long's dialogue is not in any way matching his mouth movements (and the line still contained profanity, so maybe it was removing an F-bomb utterence?).
  21. You can count on us, Mr. President. Major Nougat! Gooey! Cocoa! Put down those entertaining Mattel products! Colonel Kataffy is up to his old tricks!
  22. The information about next month is so vague especially since I already knew that was the theme due to a commercial on one of the videos already up. I really, really hope this is because they're scrambling on what to do in the wake of the Benoit thing and not because, like I mentioned above, they are showing contempt towards their own subscribers. On that note, everyone vote for Summerslam 1994. I want to tape that.
  23. You still have the 5 shorties from last week though, right? With the Benoit thing, I don't know if they're only temporary erasing him or what the story is there. Maybe by 2008 he'll be appearing on TV again, maybe not. That will make the Radicalz themed episodes of the MNW (which on this timeline won't be airing until like, 2012) weird if they still are erasing him in 5 years.
  24. They should just blur Benoit like the WWF scratch logo.
  25. I didn't even get MNW or ECW (or WM23), I thought maybe they were still holding them back. I was right about the Dusty AWA tag match though (though I said 77 when it's from 73).
×
×
  • Create New...