DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Just to clarify something (and I knew it wouldn't be until Friday I could do this), nowhere in the Observer did it specifically state word for word that Melina would be "fired if she botched on spot" at WrestleMania. I suppose if you were to try and decipher everything Meltzer said as secret code, it may have said that, but the jist was "the company sees her as the best female wrestler on the roster and her match with Ashley will be her big test".
-
That's certainly an interesting Melina photo gallery they have up now.
-
The map they show before NWA / AWA / CWF / WCCW programs shows the Stampede logo, so yes (I think it's on WWE.com too). http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe247/videolibrary/
-
With his nefarious intentions and unruly actions, The Genius was one of the most hated managers in sports-entertainment history. With trademark scroll in hand, the Genius preceded each of his client’s matches with the reading of a poem. Years after his final appearance on TV, the Genius has informed us that he is ready to make his return to the world of sports-entertainment, in the form of poet-laureate of WWE.com. Check back frequently as more poems from The Genius are published. http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/4339460
-
I finally saw Sting vs Hogan from Starrcade 97, that match was so funny. Hearing about what went down is one thing, but actually seeing how it all went down is another. Hogan getting the clean pinfall, the crowd cheering, and then Bret Hart beating up Nick Patrick without ever offering a reason (I know it was supposed to be a fast count, but at the very least he could have EXPLAINED that since it wasn't that fast). I hope SuperBrawl VIII gets voted for next month's Big One.
-
21-20... this is a close one, Chris.
-
Woah woah... hold up. WWE wasted it's time with a sublte dig that casual fans won't get under the guise of a regular squash match? This is a totally unprecedented deal. I'm sure Mike "Virgil (Runnels)" Jones and Jillian "Brooke Hogan level singing" Hall are offended that they're erased from history (especially since the latter is still ongoing) as well as several others through out history.
-
The Dark Patriot and Don Muraco are involved in the Snuka vs Tommy Cairo match. Good stuff. I'm going to have to double check with my WM Collection tape of Mania 3 (and I had always been led to believe these were complete) but the 'new' WM3 has Vince McMahon interviewing Hulk Hogan after the JYD/Race match. The things Hogan says in the interview seem familiar, but I don't recall Vince doing a backstage interview. Maybe I just FF too much and forget things. I don't know when the last time I didn't FF right through Koko vs Reed, so I'm not sure what music Koko originally used at Mania 3, but it was cool hearing Piledriver ('ar gu ment') again on the 24/7 version.
-
I saw the movie last night at our downtown theatre ($4.25 on Tuesday) and really enjoyed it. Unfortunatley it's also March break for the schools and there were more young people there than I am used to for the last showing. Some girls behind us thought the lines "I'm a potter" and "I'm a blacksmith" were the funniest things ever. Then, when all the chicks in the theatre went insane. That was... odd (although after the movie when we went to a friend's who had seen it on Friday, he told us the same thing happened to him). The chick that thought "I'm a potter" was comedy gold wouldn't stop loudly crying after the last battle.
-
If you're one of the large group of people that not only don't post in the SD spoilers thread, causing it to become the OAO TV thread as well, but doesn't even read it, here's how WWE is handling Mistico not telling them he still had a contract: .
-
Take that, Mistico! Edit: What the hell? There's nothing above me. Smackdown spoilers from Trenton Thanks to Dan Wahlers and Paul Jacobi: Dark match Henry Godwinn & Cousin Cletus (Ray Gordy) b Deuce & Domino Smackdown It started with MizTV interviewing Batista. The big spot was Miz had the lights turned off in the middle of the interview as a rib on Batista that Undertaker was coming out. Batista took the rib good naturedly by giving Miz a Batista bomb. Matt Hardy b Mr. Kennedy in 20:00 clean with a twist of fate. Good match. MVP b El Gran Latte (a great cup of coffee), the masked champion on Honduras. Well, you can figure out who they are mad at this week. Quick squash. He challenged Benoit after and Teddy Long made the match for Mania. Benoit came out and they had a brawl with Benoit getting the better of it. Booker and Finlay were backstage arguing about who was going to win Money in the Bank. Hornswoggle (Little Bastard) was harassing Sharmell. Undertaker b Booker via DQ in 15:00. Batista was on commentary. Undertaker had the match won when Finlay interfered. They were beating him down and Batista stood there and wouldn't help. Undertaker made his own comeback, and on purpose, threw Finlay over the desk onto Batista. Batista and Undertaker glared at each other but didn't come to blows MNM & Melina b London & Kendrick & Ashley with the snapshot on London. Focus at the end was Melina vs. Ashley. Jillian sang badly, which may have been dark. Kane vs. Daivari had no finish. Kane used that nasty chain and sickle deal from "See No Evil" to drag Daivari out of the building. Lots of fans, as in a strong percentage, left before ECW started Post ECW dark Undertaker & Kane b MVP & Kennedy in about 10:00
-
I thought I might have been getting screwed in the Territories section but I guess not. Also new this week are different Celebrity / Mania shorties and Hulk Hogan Anthology 2 in Specials, as well as 2 new Snuka matches in Hall of Fame (one from 1993 ECW, the other a tag match with Hogan). I watched some of Mania III last night. The video looks really good. With the 'old' interviews, yes, obviously ones where Vince was sitting in the studio with a Road Dogg shirt in the background was old, but I don't recall the seeing the one where he put over Monsoon as great and said Jesse was 'ok'. They also had a little Raymond Rogeau interview! Raymond Rogeau! He didn't say anything important, but it was cool. That said, I'm in no hurry to get the DVD of this.
-
Elite Snobs/Boardum/Pit bracket: #1 Incandenza vs. #14 Black Lushus - my 24/7 brother had a good run. TSM Vets/Shit Folders bracket: #8 bob_barron vs. #3 Czech - tough call, and I maybe a week ago I would have voted for bob, but today I'll give Czech the nod. Sports Folder bracket: #1 alkeiper vs. #7 Vitamin X - Tough call again. The Awesomely Mediocre and/or Unknown bracket: #9 DrVenkman vs. #3 CanadianChris - putting myself back in the lead (by my rough count, we were tied 9-9) - edit: Recounting, this vote actually tied it.
-
Play it cool, Marv, and don't let her see the life sized Lara Croft poster. We're all pullin for ya.
-
Good enough for us. Case closed.
-
Marvin's 2nd (archived - I take it some crash caused a bunch to go away since his 3rd one mentions losing 550 posts) post: "the lifesize Lara Croft Poster rules".
-
So, yeah, maybe this is a dumb idea, but if anyone said anyting really retarded when they first joined TSM and feels they've 'matured' or something, share. My first post? "Holy shoot did you guys see Mark Lynn Baker in there all roided up as Doug Basham? Cousin Larry is doing well for himself" And I started this topic right after That's the sort of thread I would expect new posters to be immediatley banned for, it was so dumb, although it turned out kind of funny. Thanks for correcting my spelling of Linn-Baker, Leena. Thankfully I don't start stupid threads like that anymore (except maybe this one, depending how things pan out).
-
Hey you spelled my last name right this time (you used an 'e' before), although "DrVenkman" works just as well. Yeah, I guess I am a bit naive at times.
-
J-Ho82 and the BXtremeTeam having both Cena and Michaels (and JHo had Melina too) put them way ahead of me. Hopefully Burke wins the battle royal tonight (though I don't see that happening) or MVP and Kane get some crazy points on SmackDown.
-
I think it says right on the first post on that link... Jessica Alba was one of them. Eliza Dushku another? I don't remember the third and won't cheat.
-
That's who
-
Maybe if we did this every March everyone would get along without fussin and feudin. Oh, and if we did, Scarlett Johansson would win.
-
WO.com Tuesday update: --Today's Detroit News has a story on Johnny Nitro at www.detnews.com. He said he'd like to work with Randy Savage or Shawn Michaels. He said that people like to call John Cena unorthodox, but that's just a nice way of saying he can't wrestle that good. He said he's into Scientology, although he may have been saying that for comedy. "If Scientology tapers off, I'll move on to the next big religion."
-
The anticipation for the Round 4 thread and the potential zaniness that could occur there is rising.