DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
I'm still not following 100% - is "Clique A" everyone that posts here and not The Pit (which makes me an unwilling member)? I guess we would be inclined to vote for forums.thesmartmarks.com posters in a "THESMARTMARKS.COM POSTER TOURNAMENT 2007" tournament, no? Is bickering like this the reason Marvin, SO3, and so on didn't want to be involved? Somehow I thought this was supposed to be a fun March diversion where we all pat ourselves on the back, put other posters over, laugh a bit, listen some SOME complaining, then move on because it's just the internet. Leena, are you still going to run your own tournament under your rules? (a legit question).
-
How does something in that area even get closed? Sure, it went way off the original topic and turned into a sounding board for IM4ED to slander Leena, but I thought that sort of thing ran wild in that corner of the forum?
-
I think the bracketing system was great. I don't know or care anything about cliques, I just know I was soundly defeated by Slayer in round 1 last year but appear en route to the Elite 8 now.
-
I see what you're saying, but a lot of people were looking forward to JBL vs Benoit before any word of their house show matches hit the net (unless that was just me). This year, it seems everyone is totally against the idea of Benoit vs MVP at Mania, so I was glad to hear that they've apparently had a good match.
-
I don't know if he was ever in ROH, but he apparently appeared on early TNA shows. That funny dance thing he does makes sense when you realize he was trained by Normal Smiley. I wonder if he'll utilize his TTB crossface in matches with Benoit?
-
Someone sending house show results to Meltzer said MVP and Benoit had a great 30 minute match. That's cool, hopefully it's good at Mania.
-
It's the thought that counts, GQ.
-
Man, I love the WCCW stuff. Checkmate and Magic Dragon vs Bugsy McGraw and Al Madril was great.
-
I think they key thing I was trying to get across was the "it's all good" point, not the attitude part. Would a picture of a Batmobile phone I've had since 1989 raise my nerd factor enough to get internet message board poster tournament votes or cost my points with the non-nerd demographic?
-
I suppose that description could fit several people, both on an internet messaging board or real life. Words to live by, perhaps? Or a subtle comparison of you and TS (with no disrespect meant to either - and if it was a comparison, it was on a very, very vague scale)? All in the eye of the beholder.
-
I get along quite well with my opponent (Andrew). While I certainly see why people would not like him due to what can be perceived as an overbearing attitude problem, once you talk with him for awhile it's all good. Sound like anyone else here?
-
Well played...
-
I did no such thing.
-
Well this certainly was worth the click and NOT something that should have gone ignored in the Graphics folder. See, when I start a sentence off with "well", I'm probably being sarcastic.
-
I'll do what I can, Muggy.
-
Neat, LIM changed his vote. After being neck and neck with Drew late last night / ealry morning today, I'm running away with the round.
-
Darth Vader and co. at a St. Patrick's Day parade in Detroit.
-
Where is the line drawn on abstained votes, though. tigeraid abstains on the sports votes but I believe his should still count, but someone saying "I'm voting for 1-3 people and no one else" should not count. Would you agree that a minimum of 75% of the ballots should be voted on, or should we have an "all or nothing" rule? I guess these sort of deep, thought provoking questions are in VX's hands.
-
I just want Trump to do another money drop at Mania, specifically section 125.
-
My request is that you cannot grant anyone else's requests, thus making your vote/request plan null and void.
-
I'm independent - my lack of any clique alliance has made my advancement to round 3 surprising. Unless voting for people (al and Lushus) that discuss 24/7 is a clique.
-
Elite Snobs/Boardum/Pit bracket: Incandenza vs. Chave Black Lushus vs. AgentOfOblivion TSM Vets/Shit Folders bracket: bob_barron vs. CWM - Could bob be an upset winner with Slayer out? Czech vs. Special K - Probably not. Sports Folder bracket: alkeiper vs. Ripper Kingofthe909 vs. Vitamin X - It's cool that King beat a TSM HOFer, but I have to give VX the "thanks for putting me over" vote. The Awesomely Mediocre and/or Unknown bracket: DrVenkman vs. AndrewTS CanadianChris vs. gary floyd
-
King defeated a TSM Hall of Famer. Can he keep the upsets coming? Me vs TS... this will essentially be "People who know me or don't know me but think Andrew is an elitist jerk vs people who don't know me but have heard of Andrew". After speaking with TS yesterday, it sounds like he would rather not be in this and something about Anya deserving his spot.
-
It's not hard to tell, the person in question said exactly what they did. However it was a vote for me so I won't directly point it out if you didn't catch it.
-
I think it is.