DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
Really? Normally it costs the same in Canada and the US. Regular PPVs cost $39.95 these days. -
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
No sir, $50. -
HHH hasn't won in years.
-
I believe Austin refused to job to Lesnar on a free TV show with no build, the latter part of that statement being the key issue.
-
So we're NOT using CTDWAT to speculate on the finally MITB entrant anymore? Good call.
-
Then you might or might not want to read this: Thanks for the info, but I don't have Rogers. I'll probably just watch a movie or WCCW. Hawk: ANYTHING with Ace Steel is gold? I can think of one large exception.
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
"--A fan hit the ring just as the Michaels vs. Cena match was starting. He started to take his clothes off. Ref Mike Chioda shoved him down. Michaels wanted to take a shot but Chioda stopped him. Michaels hopped on the turnbuckle. Chioda signalled for the bell but Michaels refused to start until the guy was gone, not wanting attention diverted from his match" WO.com daily update (and not fakery like S_D's "I was pissed on IRC about Cena's leg no-sell so I'll make up a story about HBK being as mad as me" post). -
Melina's character is that of someone who is friend's with Hollywood folk like K-Fed and Paris Hilton, hence she is an "A-List" Diva. WWE.com's mention of "Buckeye State" is what reminded me I'll be missing Raw (combined with a radio DJ complaining about it).
-
I'm all hyped up from Mania with no Raw to watch (until midnight) here in Canada. Thanks, NCAA.
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
Fair enough but the last 10 minutes were the most into a match I've been in ages (well I guess the end of the 07 Rumble, but this was more). I'm sure being there was part of it, but I imagine if I was watching it with a group of friends it would have had a similar effect. -
Well it's new to me and I'm sure SOME of the things will be shook up (and of course the MNW will be further along).
-
May sounds like it will be good month on 24/7. The theme is "Latino Legends" (so I was close in my assumption about it being Eddie themed). Programming will include the Eddie Raw tribute, When Worlds Collide, and a collection of Shorties hosted by Hugo and Carlos. "It’s non-stop action as the WWE Spanish Announce Team, Hugo Savinovich and Carlos Cabrera, present classic Lucha Libre contests. Featured matches include Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero, Tiger Mask vs. Jose Estrada, Konnan vs. Psicosis, Super Crazy vs. Mosco de la Merced and many more"
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
Well as long as he doesn't steal 40 cakes. That's 10 times 4! And that's just terrible. -
Originally I thought I WOULD have had time to have lunch at Hockeytown Cafe before the show, but leaving my house in Windsor at 2pm (this is all via bus) resulted in me arriving to Ford Field at about 4:15, and by then I was just 'soaking in' the atmosphere of people waiting around outside and the various block parties. I got in the building at maybe sometime around 5:20 (via a crowded gate A), went to find my seat, then met a friend from a different section at a concession area (he came looking for me as I was going to look for him) at 5:40 or so. We ran into people we keow from Border City Wrestling (one of them told us he had been there since noon for druid rehersal) and then I was back in my seat for the WWE corporate propaganda video (which is pretty good). Customs officer and I: Customs: Where are you going? Me: WrestleMania C: Ticket? M: Here you go! C: Why is this a photocopy? M: It's a ticketfast print out. C: Should it be in black and white? M: I don't know, I just bought it from someone in the states. I hope so! C: Well good luck getting in... where did you buy this from? M: McCall Sprting Tickets on Riverside Drive in Windsor Ontario C: For how much? M: Probably double what the ticket is listed as costing, I don't remember. C: Ok... do you have a driver's licence (I was using my health card as photo ID as I have for several US trips) M: No, it's expired. C: Why? Legal reason? M: No. C: What is the reason then? You say it's not a legal reason? M: (about to explain the cost of gas, insurance, a car, etc.) C: Have you ever been arrested? M: No C: So you have not had any run-ins with the law? M: No C: None? M: No C: How do you get to work? M: The bus. C: Where do you work? M: (place of work) C: Ok sir have a good time. By far the lognest questioning I've ever had at customs.
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
"Total b.s." Meltzer's reply to me asking about the alleged LAW statement. -
Huh... it's now showing 7 links and a few times I even had no Loans at all.
-
WrestleMania season tends to open up a Torrent of people asking about Pro Wrestling downloads on the net. Some would say an Xtreme amount. I guess it helps move the daily motion of the site, though. I suppose Shooting Star can always wait to watch it on his tube on DVD later.
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
From my local paper. I had a great time being at the show (section 125, row 9, good seat!). To people complaining about the placement of the world title match, WrestleMania VIII/XIX/XX say "hey, remember us?". WM22 also says 'what's up'. Way off the the side of the stadium you could hear a bunch of people trying to start a "Let's Go Cena" chant, but nothing. Batista/Taker was way better than I thought it would be and the last minutes of HBK/Cena was the most dramatic match I've ever been to live. Awesome stuff. Yeah, Cena didn't sell the leg but all in all it was great work. Someone on the bus back to Canada was complaining about the show for basically the same reasons people here are but even he agreed Cena worked hard, he just wishes he was the hungry challenger and not the invincible champ. I really wanted Shawn to win too but I (and a lot of people) just applauded after the match. There were a lot of signs with things like "If Batista wins, we riot" / "14-1, we riot" though. I didn't see the Booker spot that everyone is talking about from my seat so I look forward to watching the DVD next month. In person, the video wall was HUGE. I see (sort of) what the meant about the 'morping set' as sometimes we would see lights lowering or the WM23 sign being raised (like to make room for the big X, which was cool). Kane's flaming pentagram (which I didn't even notice lower in) was up there with Burning NYC. Lashley had a giant shiloutte shadow fighting on the tron. The weird thing was with Taker and all those flames, there were sets of pyro going off at the very top of the video wall. I don't know if the viewing audience could those or if it was just extra fire for the audience. "OMG SHAWN TAPPED OUT WORST WM EVER". Christ, get over it people. I thought Benoit tapping out was the height of worthess complaining but thanks for proving me wrong. It was a very cool atmosphere walking around Detroit and seeing all the media and people in their wrestling shirts. Nothing like any PPV I've gone to before. There were a lot of homemade t-shirts around - of the two I saw, one had a back with the 14 different match graphics from Undertaker's past Manias, and the other was "CENA SUCKS" on the front with a screencap of him getting the superkick on Raw on the back. -
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
"Just as a point of reference, Robinson explained that a typical Raw has 24 LED boards whereas there are 414 on this show. Moreover, for a normal pay-per-view, there are 4-6 searchlights. There are 56 on this show. And with the set’s lighting element at 300 feet wide and 100 feet tall, expect it to be possibly the brightest WrestleMania of all time." -
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
I just imagine the set has moving metal pieces or something. It's a very vague statement and I look forward to seeing what it's all about. There was a mention of Raw having 24 LED screens but the Mania set having 400+, so I get the impression there will be a lot of video morphing effects (like the WMXX set). -
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
Aside from just being a bad idea to clutter 25% of a WrestleMania card with run-in finishes, I don't think the stadium set-up will lend itself very well to run ins. I wonder if Sandman is going to do a big stadium entrance or if all 4 guys will just come out together. -
No, I assume that is soon (possibly even this week).
-
Damnit I knew Backlash 2003 would win. The PYBO poll for May is Judgment Day 2003 (which says "Benoit vs. Finlay" even though the link really does list the right 2003 card), No Way Out 2004, or No Mercy 2005. The pictures for all of the choices have Eddie, so I'm guessing May's theme will be about him (that would mean Shorties would have 10 Eddie matches - nice) but the "This Month / Next Month" hasn't updated yet. However, they do have WCW Mayhem 1999 listed as being available this week along with "The Stone Cold Truth" and the "December 30, 1996" episode of Tuesday Night Titans (obviously that date is the next MNW episode). This is also the month they're going to group more sections together, going from 6 categories where some only have 2 programs to 4 categories that should look a bit fuller: Gone: Hall of Fame, Specials, Primetime, and ECW-Territories. Replacements: Legends (HoF and Specials), TV Classics (Primtime and ECW-Territories)
-
OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007
DrVenkman PhD replied to RonL21's topic in The WWE Folder
I wonder if we'll see El Grande Latte and D-Ray 3000 at Mania.