Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. Remember the "Last Meal Club" on King of the Hill? Good stuff.
  2. ECW is also part of split brand PPVs but probably only as much as title matches, depending what else is booked. You could probably fit a few matches onto Survivor Series, but I can't see anything outside of Show/Sabu (or Show/Sabu/RVD) for SummerSlam, although SmackDown currently has zero matches booked for their side of the show, so maybe an Angle match could make it on the show.
  3. PWI says Maven was backstage at Raw/SmackDown looking for work. From http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9509.html
  4. Basically, the difference is it's not a dual audio track, it's two "cuts" of the movie. Side B is the Japanese version - Japanese credits at the beginning and end (complete with an ad for the Spring 1995 Japanese opening for the SF movie), kanji written on the screen for establishing shots instead of a black bar with english, and an extra ass shot of Chun-Li. That's just what I noticed, though. Last year a friend sent me a video file that was dual audio, and it had the soundtrack - I believe it was from the UK because it had the Chun-Li shower scene almost uncut (again, for some reason there is an extra ass shot in the original Japanese). That's the English version on this DVD too.
  5. Stephen Colbert caused massive amounts of wikipedia article lock up (any article about elephants, endangered specieis, or his own show) due to last night's word "Wikiality". Hilarious.
  6. Starting in September, the ECW category on 24/7 is being called ECW / Territories. "WWE 24/7 On Demand, we tour the country to bring you “The Territories” – a look at shows from the greatest regional wrestling promotions. In the NEW Territories/ECW area, you’ll find episodes of “World Championship Wrestling”, the NWA’s signature show featuring “Nature Boy” Ric Flair, “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, “Freebird” Michael Hayes and other great stars. “Championship Wrestling from Florida” relives classic shows from the NWA’s hottest territory. Hosted by wrestling Legend Mike Graham, you’ll see stars like Kevin Sullivan, Dusty Rhodes, Blackjack Mulligan and Hector Guerrero with the renowned Gordon Solie calling the action. “AWA Classics”, hosted by Greg Gagne, brings you the excitement of the American Wrestling Association, featuring Hulk Hogan, Tito Santana and Ken Patera, to name just a few." Wonder if they'll try and get Bret to host a Stampede show. The September schedule looks pretty interesting: http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/30..._Program_S1.pdf http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe247/sep2006shorties - Sold.
  7. I know that guy with the sign was on Confidential a few years ago... was it explained exactly why he dresses like a gas station attendant but manages to afford to go to all these shows all over the place with floor seats?
  8. http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...t&p=2277512 Talking about the SF II DVD, because again I don't know where that sort of discusson really belongs.
  9. So I watched the new SF II Animated Movie DVD last night, enjoyable stuff. At first, skimming through the English version on Side A, I was a bit cocnerned over the fact the video looks faded and less vibrant than my 11 year old VHS casette (the quality looked almsot on par with the version on the SF Anthology) but some tinkering with my TV colour settings made it better. However, the Japanese version on Side B (because they are slightly different cuts - credits, Japanese text, and I believe an extra ass shot of Chun Li - you can't switch audio back and forth, you have to use side A or side B) looks great. I love the Japanese ending where - and just to be safe, I'll tag it - . The end of the credits also have a funny "Coming Spring 1995 - Street Fighter The Movie. Now filming in Hollywood!" card at the end. We all know how that turned out.
  10. Isn't Tina gone now?
  11. Hey, can you guys stop advertising WWE.com's announced matches until after 7pm? It gives people who check this forum but not WWE.com an unfair Fantasy advantage. Help a brother out, k?
  12. "A correction from the report from last night's ECW show in Fitchburg, MA, there were in excess of 1,000 fans at the show" - Meltzer Hey spman, you can lie to us, you can lie to Dave Scherer, but don't f'n lie to The Meltz. Just because you don't like something and thought driving two hours to a watered down ECW show is a good idea is no reason to make up attendance numbers and claim the venue "smelled like a bowling alley". What the hell does that mean, anyway? I've never gone into a bowling alley and said "wow, this place has a unique smell I will apply to similar smelling locales". Maybe it's because the ones I've been to are nice? I don't know, I'm veering off topic here... oh, right: DON'T LIE TO BIG DAVE.
  13. Don't know if this is more CTDWAT in this section or the OAO Anime tread in TV/Movies, but I was pleasently surprised to see, on a totally random trip to Zellers, a copy of SFII on DVD in a new box, proclaiming it to be "Uncut, Uncensored" with mentions on the back of the box how it's te Japanese master available on DVD, etc. This sounds like something I heard awhile ago was finally coming out but I totally forgot.
  14. In my day we changed the channel to avoid watching commercials, but this whole "find something else to do for 45 minutes while the show you want to watch it on, then skip commercials" sounds much more efficient and logical.
  15. Another thread devoted to pointing out "Raw sucks and I'm too cool for it". Hooray. Also, I believe I read somewhere Raw would still be on Monday's during the US open, just later.
  16. I think I'm stuck in 5th or worst for the rest of the season. Things started good for me and I hoped for a top 3 or better finish, but every week the top 5-10 people seem to move up almost the same. Maybe next season...
  17. Fujifilm "FinePix". The camers says "A345" on it as well. 4.1 MPs, 3x zoom.
  18. I liked flying around the world searching for the Dragonballs in Budokai 3. That has nothing to do with this, but I thought I'd mention it. I didn't much care for the board game story mode in the other games.
  19. Ken's letter to Jeopardy is hilarious stuff. Is the Post the rag paper, or is it the Times? I often forget.
  20. I feel like advertising the fact I have a flickr account - why I'd think people are interested in pictures I've taken, I don't know, but none the less here are links: http://www.flickr.com/photos/timpang80 - all my wrestling event photos go here http://www.flickr.com/photos/sgray21 - general pictures I've taken and uploaded - NYC, Atlantic City, and a picture of a disturbingly patriotic snack cake box.
  21. Thanks. I'm a bit surprised at how many views Billy Kidman in a mask has versus how many views Jillian's thong has but that's the net for you.
  22. http://www.flickr.com/photos/timpang80/ Photos from the taping (among other wrestling photos). Check out Kidman in the Japanese get-up.
  23. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/artic...0N1.DTL&o=0 " The Raiders' Jerry Porter, who wore a gold belt with dollars signs on the first day of camp, says he wants to be traded."
  24. It was a Tenshinhan / Tien quote, used because he lost his arm in battle and I guess it would have been too difficult to paint one on for the remainder of his screen time, before being sent to another dimension.
  25. I can see their parachutes! When my arm grows back...!
×
×
  • Create New...