DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
It was a good show in the sense that wrestling matches outweighed non-wrestling segments (only the King Booker and Diva Search segments) but outside of the main event, the matches were either short or not that great. Nothing outside of Sylvan was dull, though.
-
Matt Hardy sent word to his webmaster at TheHardyShow.com that he will be taking time off from WWE for health reasons. Hello everyone, Just a little update on Matt for the sake of killing any rumors and assumptions as to his status. Simply enough, when Matt was given the standard blood test, they found dormant trace elements of the Staph infection which plagued him many months ago. After a light antibiotic treatment and a few weeks off to properly rest, Matt will be back... Feel free to send him your thoughts, possibly via a 'get well' thread on the board? Hope all of you are making the most of the summer!
-
I took this video off a digital camera, please excuse the poor quality. I also don't know why I chose such uninteresting / unimportant events to record while leaving match finishes to my memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMREptMcYxs - Noble vs Kidman, apparently. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzXwuzzteSQ - Musical chairs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnBVzZue9b4 - Musical chairs - the conclusion! - for fun, as I'm waiting for youtube to process King Booker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uaBt0Jc_bw - King Booker Not sure why there are video jumps, I just chalk it up the fact a digital camera is not a real video camera.
-
Short, not a bad match. I believe the ending was Batista clotheslining the ring post and being counted out while Kennedy barely got back in the ring (I think he kicked Batista back out before he could come back in).
-
Also awesome: During the SmackDown to ECW conversion, we saw Little Bastard SPRINT from the ring to the back. He's one fast midget.
-
Sidenote: It was pretty awesome seeing TWO people use the TKO as their finisher. I actually wouldn't put it past Grenier that it was actually a messed up F5.
-
Seeing how undetailed the current one is, I assume so too. A side note, Meltz had gotten into a habit of saying "Thanks to Stephen Gray and several others" when I sent him generla Canadian notes, but the last two things I sent to him about WrestleMania / Windsor, Ontario he has reported uncredited. Maybe I am a secret source now!
-
Terkay came out in a jacker that said "Sylvester Terkay" (as did Burke) and wore black gloves.
-
"Zakudo was Billy Kidman. Did Noble powerbomb him at all? Was Turkay good?" Someone in my section thought that (Kidman) and I kind of agreed. Terkay sucked.
-
Edited for notes. Some bastard beat me to Meltzer. Damn me and my longwinded notes. Oh well, as long as I still see my name in the "Special Thanks" section next week in the Observer / tomorrow in the Wednesday news udpate, that's all my ego needs.
-
Results: Dark: Ryan Wilson defeated Funaki with a pumphandle slam. Jamie Noble defeated "Zakudo" (no one around me heard his name) by doing a suplerplex rolled into his sleeper submission. SmackDown: Ken Kennedy defeated Batista via count-out Vito defeated Simon Dean with his under the dress submission. Sylvan Grenier defeated Tatanka with the TKO Michelle McCool defeated Jillian Hall with her feet on the ropes for leverage. I believe at this point, there was a big celebration for King Booker's title win with balloons, a carriage to the ring, and the like. Rey interupted by doing a jumping Senton onto Booker's throne. Chavo said he owes no one any answers, but will, at a later date, teach Rey what being a Guerrero really means. Finlay and Regal discuss their past battles in WCW, with Regal saying he thought that was all in the past. He blames the "troll" for his loss at the Bash, but Finlay corrects him to say it was a leprechaun. Finlay defeated William Regal to retain the US title when Little Bastard gave William a low blow. Finlay rolled him up and used the tights. JT won the Diva Search "Musical Chairs". Sylvester Terkay (with his manager Elijah Burke) defeated Matt Hardy by what appeared to be a variant of the hammerlock (or key lock) for the submission. King Booker defeated Rey Mysterio to retain the World Title. Chavo Guerrero interfered to help Booker retain. --- Notes: Notes: Tony Chimmel was the ring announcer. WrestleMania 22 highlight package (from the end of the PPV) was shown before the show. Ryan Wilson vs Funaki was pretty short and uninteresting. Wilson was dressed in a plaid shirt and kahkis (I think - some sort of street clothes pants). The maksed Japanese character whose name no one seemed to catch came out to old WWE standby for generic asan wrestlers - the Orient Express theme. He seemed pretty good and the crowd eventually got into him. When Noble was lying on the 2nd rope, the masked wrestler leaped from the floor to dropkick Noble in the head, landing on the ring apron as well. While the crowd (by the way, the crowd's entire lower bowl was sold out and about half to 1/4 of the upper deck was as well) was more behind Batista, there were a good share of people cheering on Kennedy. Kennedy did get to do his intro without being interupted. There was a Simon Dean promo stating Vito was playing mind games, and there was an implication that Simon Dean was gay and wanted Vito to lift his dress to cose him the match. He stopped thinking about that and regained his train of thought. At one point during the match Vito was held in a suplex, causing his dress to fall and "delight" the fans. Miz was shown waiting outside of Rey Mysterio's locker room. I believe they did a quick interview where Rey complained about Chavo. Tatanka vs. Grenier was about as good as you'd think it would be, although Tatanka did get a pop coming out and fans would get into the "rally" when a chinlock was applied. Grenier ave Tatanka a low blow when the ref was taking the tomohawk away from Sylvan, then the TKO. Michelle McCool vs Jillian was very short and not too bad (and very pleasant to watch live). The odd thing here was Kristal and Ashley were standing on the apron as if it was a tag match, even though Tony said it was one on one. They eventually went onto the floor. Match was fairly short. William Regal did a promo which I think may have been arena only (I assume this because he said "Fit" Finlay and they did a promo together after this) talking about their days in WCW. I forget how it ended, but the intent was to make Regal out to be the heel so fans would know which guy they were SUPPOSED to boo. A commercial for 24/7 Aired to the song "Right Now". It was pretty good. Finlay vs Regal was good and wasn't too focused on Little Basyard until the end. The crowd was quite silent at first, not knowing what to make of it. Now, I don't want to take credit for anything, but when Finlay was in a hold by Regal, my friend and I tried a rally. People may have been doing the same in other sections too, I don't know. Anyway, this did led to the arena doing a rally, then doing a "Let's go Finlay!" chant, which was odd after all the silence. Finlay gave LB a high-five on the way out (he was still under the ring). Match was about 7 minutes. The Diva Search is a lot more bareable to watch live, I'll give it that much. The time stamps on my camera have this segment being under 7 minutes, an improvement over some of the much longer ones of the past. Whichever chick lost to JT at the end almost swung the last chair at her, but Miz broke it up. Terkay vs Hardy was fairly boring and mostly unimpressive. Little response except for "Hardy" chants and faint "We Want Jeff" chants. King Booker vs Rey was maybe about 9 minutes and a good match. People tried to chant "Chavo" after people were done chanting Eddie. ECW Notes: Fairly boring show. Ariel does a nice thing on the ropes when she enters that I don't believe was on TV as right after it, a CM Punk promo aired. Post show, while almost everyone was exiting (and ended up standing at the top of stairways), Undertaker and Kane defeated BIg Show and Kahli with a double chokeslam on Khali. Khali did nothing except leave mid-way through the match when Big Show tried to tag. Boy, the crew works REALLY hard to get that ECW ring set up by 10 pm. Even Charlies Robinson and Tony Chimmel bust their ass getting things ready. A nice thing to see on the way home was someone complaining about the new ECW, saying Vince is just pissing on it and Heyman sucks for allowing it. He was doing this while wearing a brand new WWE-version Sandman shirt. There were also some girls near the arena steps handing out flyers for TNA Bound for Glory. We heard they were sent there by PTW's Dave Martin.
-
Batista is pretty funny at this WM23 Fan Rally. "I don't know why they invite me to these things, I don't have any catchphrases to say" Then he keeps saying "John Cena" just to get people to boo.
-
Apparently Benjamin and Carlito are having another #1 contender match for the CW title.
-
The dramatic interplay between Dante and Randall, especially at the end, was really good too. I had watched J&SB:SB Saturday night after work knowing I was seeing this Sunday and was amused at the re-use of "$15 little man, put that shit in my hand" - was the guy with Ethan Suplee one of the same kids, just aged 5 years?
-
Sony releases photo of Venom...
DrVenkman PhD replied to bobobrazil1984's topic in Television & Film
Guess that throws my theory of "this movie is only about the symbiote, Venom comes later" out the door. I'm now very concerned this movie has too many villains/sub-plots, but still looking forward to it. -
I haven't even played the one from fall 2005 and another one is already out? What exactly is going on here with the games? I seem to recall reading there is a sequel to the DBZ:BT game from last fall and this is a different game, or something. And what about that one for the Wii (which EGM said sucked at E3)? Confusing! Edit: Ok, so after Wiki'ing it, I am of the impression Super DBZ is just a port of an arcade game, while Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 continues the "regular" console series this fall. "Super Dragon Ball Z is a cel-shaded 3D fighting video game, originally released in Japanese arcades (December 22, 2005) running on System 246 hardware, and later for the PlayStation 2 (Japan: June 29, 2006; US, July 18, 2006; AU, July 21, 2006). The game was developed by Crafts & Meister, headed by Noritaka Funamizu (responsible in part for Street Fighter II). The game features 18 playable characters, destructable environments, and a game engine geared towards fans of more traditional fighting games."
-
Lashley and Khali removed from GAB PPV
DrVenkman PhD replied to BorneAgain's topic in The WWE Folder
It better still be in the prison. Advertising Khali will still be there when you've already determined he won't be is one thing - he's terrible and Big Show will be a better opponent. Advertising an unseen and potential trainwreck gimmick, then delivering a standard one on one match we just saw on Tuesday would be terrible. That said, it wouldn't surprise me. -
Lashley and Khali removed from GAB PPV
DrVenkman PhD replied to BorneAgain's topic in The WWE Folder
+b S_D -
Huh? Edit: I assume you mean the webpage. CM Punk has no (WWE acceptable) bio to write up other than appearing in vignettes.
-
OAO The Great American Bash Thread - July/23rd/2006.
DrVenkman PhD replied to a topic in The WWE Folder
PWI made an off hand remark in their story that Big Show is replacing Khali in the "main event". -
OAO The Great American Bash Thread - July/23rd/2006.
DrVenkman PhD replied to a topic in The WWE Folder
I could be wrong but I think Neidhart's lack of appearance was built up with him losing to Ric Flair and being injured in the figure four, followed by Duggan forgiving Sgt. Slaughter and allowing him to be on his team. -
Only stuff I don't already have are the old matches from Disc 1, but I guess that happens when a DVD is based on big PPV title matches and you own lots of PPVs.
-
OAO The Great American Bash Thread - July/23rd/2006.
DrVenkman PhD replied to a topic in The WWE Folder
I don't see anything on WWE.com about the Helms match. I also don't see WWE.com announcing the Khali pull since they probably expect a few buys based on the trainwreck attraction of Khali/Taker II in a match with no announced rules. I know it's been said before, but we have a PPV name from WCW featuring two well known WCWers wrestling for a title belt shaped in the image of the WCW title while the US title, which WWE acknowledges as having WCW lineage, is being contested between "The Belfast Bruiser" Fit Finlay and Lord Steven Regal. Good stuff. -
Lashley and Khali removed from GAB PPV
DrVenkman PhD replied to BorneAgain's topic in The WWE Folder
This card has become so much better due to injuries/health problems. I can't think of anything similar happening in the modern era - the closest being Undertaker vs Ahmed Johnson being turned into Undertaker vs. Vader at Canadian Stampede. -
WWE Fantasy Season 7 (TSM's 4th season)
DrVenkman PhD replied to DrVenkman PhD's topic in The WWE Folder
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/pro...asy?section=%2F "On the phone: I hate wrestling" That's pretty damn funny. The interview has Todd mocking your show watching advice. It's kinda seamless towards the end how they make it seem like Todd is really talking to you. Did you really say you can't do Todd's job better than him because "I'm a big loser"?