DrVenkman PhD
Members-
Posts
9713 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD
-
Various trailers and footage (most from IGN) I just searched for on Youtube: Very short Pilotwings trailer Wii Game Trailer Compilation Halo 3 MGS 4 Tekken 6 (Mario and the Colossus?) Love the Mario Galaxy video. I also like how in the Smash Brothers intro, Mario and Link morph from their previous models into TP/SMG models, Pikachu seems to have a slight difference, and Kirby... seems to look exaclty the same.
-
(paraphrased) "I don't believe you... please continue." "We're giving money to charity that was gambled... why don't we just do drugs or prostitute ourselves for charity too?" Great stuff all around, though I was a bit confused when I started my tape after work last night and was seemingly way too far into Earl's plot to have just missed a minute, but I guess NBC had a gimmick of 40 minutes shows last night.
-
Yes. Growing up, my two biggest interests were video games and wrestling, and I was supporting Nintendo and The Fed while Genesis was like WCW - nothing wrong with it, and I'll play it, but it's not what I'll support the most. Fast forward and I now live in a world where WWE owns the WCW video library and you can play Genesis games on a Nintendo console, and people keep waiting for Sonic to appear in a Smash Brother game.
-
http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/10/nintendos-e3-booth-tour/ Included in that are some (mock-up) virtual console photos - including Genesis games.
-
You know who needs to be a hidden character in a game series that is all about having people from different game worlds interact with each other? Captain N.
-
Well, they have announced singing people for ECW and the ECW vs WWE special on USA on WWE.com already. However, for a show like AM Raw, I see no reason for WWE.com to do a story about it getting a TV 14 rating for "Edgier content" when it's just a recap show unless something more important is happening.
-
That footage of Mario Galaxy was awesome. It made me a bit dizzy though, but in an awesome "wow that's cool how they do that with the planets" way. in the last gen, I bought a PS2 first (in 2001), then a Cube in 2002 and much later an Xbox. I like Sony, and I'm glad they are sticking with dual shock controllers, but I can't justify a $600 price out of the gate. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Wii and Zelda at launch, an Xbox 360 in early 2007, and a PS3 whenever they drop a lot in price.
-
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Missing: scantily-clad females hawking the latest in electronic toys for the boys The video game industry's annual trade show in Los Angeles opened its doors to its exhibitors on Wednesday with organizers ordering women staffing the booths to cover up or face a $5,000 fine. Banned are nudity, partial nudity, bikini bottoms or any sexually explicit or provocative conduct, according to the handbook from The Entertainment Software Association, or ESA, which owns and operates the E3 Expo. Pauline K, who declined to give her last name, wore a white shredded tank top with an exposed midriff, short mini skirt and knee-high leggings as she handed out fliers for a company that makes custom face plates for Microsoft Corp.'s (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) Xbox 360 game machine. She said another of the models received a warning from show organizers for showing too much skin. "Apparently her cleavage was a little too distracting," she said. In January, the ESA outlined tough new penalties to enforce decency rules. Exhibitors get a verbal warning for a first violation and a second violation carries a $5,000 fine. "Last year there were a lot of complaints about how the models were beyond, in many cases, what was decent," said ESA President Douglas Lowenstein on Monday. Despite the new rules, there was no shortage of exposed skin, patent leather and knee-high boots. Many exhibitors dressed women like video game heroines and there was a group of women wearing sexy nurses' outfits. "They're wearing slightly more clothes this year," said Gail Salamanica, an exhibitor at the show, "But not much."
-
I wish I had realized there was pre-E3 stuff of relevence going on before assuming this was 6 pages of speculation leading up to E3 weekend. Now I have a lot to read. Also, I think Mario Galaxy and SSB:B (with Snake) have sold me on getting a Wii at launch (regardless if these are launch titles or not).
-
You know, the prior weeks episode technically had hosts (Ace and Gary) and had some new material, thus needs a review. I will wait.
-
" Out late during the weekends? Still want to stay current with what’s happening on RAW? No problem, we’ve got just the thing for you. WWE A.M. RAW will be moving to a new timeslot, and will be airing at 2 a.m. on Saturday night (Sunday morning). But that’s not the only change. The rating for the show will be changing as well. “Before we had a PG rating,” commented Mark Hamilton, the show’s producer. “But the new show will be TV 14, which is the same as RAW, so we’ll be able to deliver content that we wouldn’t have been able to before.” Whether it’s the gorgeous Divas you’re a fan of or the lengths the Superstars will go to to stay on top, this new time slot will allow the program to keep you abreast of absolutely everything that happens on RAW. With the combination of the new time and the edgier rating, A.M. RAW is the perfect show for WWE fans that are out late on the weekends and still want their fair share of WWE programming. “We’re looking forward to being able to deliver another quality product to a newer and older audience,” said Hamilton. Make sure you’re up to date and in the know every week, tune into A.M. RAW every Saturday at 2 a.m. (Sunday morning) on the USA Network. " Doesn't say anything about ECW, but makes you wonder if they officially got that slot.
-
Nothing, really. I just felt like adding 2 counterfit cents. Or maybe I was referring to a blog entry where the comments section is nothing but "Talk to me on Yahoo!" "No talk to me" "lolz you're ignoring me" "no you're ignoring me", etc. Please disregard.
-
Batista and Booker T get into a fight?
DrVenkman PhD replied to CheesalaIsGood's topic in The WWE Folder
Well, IF it is (and that's a big IF) legit like Torch says, the benefit of WWE reporting it the way they have does two things: 1. Informs the casuals that go to WWE.com and ignore the rest of the news sites of what is going on, builds an eventual program since it was publically acknowleged. 2. Addresses the situation openly, from both sides, before it becomes a much discussed internet / newsletter rumour that they think makes the company look bad. -
Batista and Booker T get into a fight?
DrVenkman PhD replied to CheesalaIsGood's topic in The WWE Folder
It had to be done May 10, 2006 “We had to get past this. It had been brewing for a long time,” says former World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista in an exclusive interview with WWE.com about the brutal fight he had with Booker T Monday on the set of the WWE SummerSlam commercial shoot in Encino, Calif. The fight was so intense both men were left swollen and bloodied and it took nearly a half dozen Superstars to separate them. “It’s over,” says Batista. “We will agree to disagree. We won’t be friends, but we will work together. I can promise you we won’t cause problems.” But Batista does have an issue with the way he’s been portrayed in the locker room. “Some guys say I’ve been running around claiming to be the top-money draw in the company, that I’m carrying the WWE on my back. I never said anything like this, the rumors break my heart. I would never disrespect guys like Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Triple H with comments like these. I am not a Prick!” Batista says he hopes the issue is finally over. “I want to move on, it’s like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can’t wait to get back to work again”. Work or shoot, this is pretty cool. -
Overly paranoid people that cause unnecessary netdrama that no one but the two (in this case three, with BL) people involved in care about tend to upset me, but I see what you're saying about you considering him a top playa, I suppose. I've also realized at this point that this list will probably be made up of people who post 15 or so times a day, everyday, so I assume I didn't make the cut. Oh well!
-
Over the Hedge = thinly veiled instructional video for illegal immigrants.
-
-
Good finds. Gotta love Mai.
-
I look forward to season 3 following up with the "goat in the bathroom" story for Ted's 30th birthday.
-
In a statement released from the office of the Chairman of the Board of WWE, Mr. McMahon has said that "Triple H will get his championship match next week on RAW."
-
I really don't see any way Foley can get negative heat minsus praising Cena at this point. Intersting to see how they try and pull that off. I suspect he'll go "ECW heel", not real heel.
-
http://www.newyorkcitytheatre.com/theaters...om/theater.html I like the picture used to advertise ECW.
-
I enjoyed the entire Sunday night line-up tonight. Total burn on I Heart Huckabees!
-
Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger: May 6, 2006
DrVenkman PhD posted a blog entry in DrVenkman's Blog
Normally I like to make this entry piece a basic fluff piece that tells people what I like and dislike at the moment that only MisawaGQ, Monty Burns, and tigeraid comment on, however I must start this one off on a serious note. I won't even call it a "Wag of the Finger" as it sounds like I'm just brushing it off, but I do find it seriously disturbing that two teenagers in my hometown, not too far away from my house, shot and killed a police officer for interupting a drug deal at a convenience store (according to the current information). We have never had a police officer murder here in Windsor, and many people here were shocked at the whole thing. A really sad state of affairs. With that out of the way, I'll move on to the usual light fluff: - A BIG Tip of the Hat to the Colbert Report. Not just because it was another entertaining way to spend 2 hours spread over 4 days, but because I received an e-mail yesterday telling me my request for tickets to a taping was accepted. I'm not thrilled about the "no guarantee" loophole, but it's a good start. - A Wag of the Finger to Microsoft for having some lame update, the "Windows Genuine Advantage". Like I want to be informed with a stupid blue star and boot up graphic that I'm not using a genuine winkey. I bought this computer from someone two years ago, I don't know what the hell product code he used. And then to ask for $200 to get rid of this? Outrageous! But... - A Tip of the Hat to AndrewTS and Leena for helping me solve the problem in the Computer folder. Thanks! - A Wag of the Finger / Tip of the Hat combo to the WWE. Backlash was decent at best, Raw was ok, and SmackDown! was ok. Each show had a highlight (Triple threat match, Joey Styles promo, and Benoit vs. Finlay) but didn't offer much else outside of that. SmackDown! went a step further by continuing to push Mark Henry, and did so by giving him a win over the world champ (the same champ who made sure to point out in a promo that he was going to tap out and lose to Angle last week). I know Rey is not a long term champ and realistically shouldn't be booked to be one, but giving him SOME credibility before giving the belt to JBL in two weeks would not have been a bad idea. We will see what the rest of the build-up to Judgment Day offers. Getting back to the Styles promo, while many people (including myself) saw it that WWE seems to have some serious intentions with the ECW spin-off, I also couldn't help but think that the "Wrestling vs. Sports Entertainment" promo was the same message Paul Heyman had in a promo the week before The Alliance died at Survivor Series 2001. - A Tip of the Hat to Dave Meltzer and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. I love reading it, and that's about it. - A Wag of the Finger tp Dave Scherer. The "Bad Dave" of wrestling "journalism" hasn't done anything really stupid lately, but this wag is long overdue for all the misleading headlines and ridiculous stuff that site tries to pass off as news. Upcoming spoiler for the PWI website: It will continue to suck. - A final Tip of the Hat to the people who read and/or comment on this blog. Thanks!