Jump to content

Lt. Al Giardello

Members
  • Posts

    6692
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lt. Al Giardello

  1. I think MVP is more of a tweener right now...
  2. When Swick decided to push the pace in the Okami fight, he looked pretty good. But someone in the divison is going to push Mike Swick to fight at his best... Causing him to make more risks and be more active. I thought Marcus Davis would be that guy, but I overrated him. I'd like to see him fight Anthony Johnson... Johnson has proven to be a pretty good striker, he's very strong and compacted at WW, and his wrestling is better then Swick.
  3. Anyone watch Paul Williams destroy Carlos Quintana last night? Saying I was impressed with Paul Williams is an understatement, I hope to see more performances like that come from him in the future. The 1st Quintana fight was an off night. Sergio Mora also beat Vernon Forrest... I give Mora alot of credit for showing heart, but if Forrest stuck to his plan(using his great jab to set up his hard right) like he was for the 1st half of the fight he would've won. I personally scored the fight a draw, but glad Mora got the desicion due to Forrest basically doing jackshit the 2nd half of the fight.
  4. I thought Anderson already dead the rumors of him moving up to 205... I figured he would want to beat Okami 1st before moving up, since in the past he's expressed how much he wants to avenge that bullshit loss.
  5. He has a good case to be labeled that...
  6. Was considering taking Lindros, in his prime he was great... But I just never liked him. Glad you took him before I did.
  7. Holy upsets, Batman...
  8. Damn, I was going to take Gainey... Oh well, I guess I'll go with my backup plan... Alexander Mogilny
  9. CG, you should update the 1st post, so it stops confusion like this... I'm not going to be looking through all the pages to look to see if a players drafted.
  10. EDIT: Gary Suter, D
  11. Yeah, if Night Train was taken before he got to me, I would've taken him.
  12. Ahahahahaha, was wondering when he was going to be picked.
  13. Problay extra weight to try to muscle a smaller Vera around... If Vera can keep the fight standing, he'll win, but Werdum is a better grappler then Vera, and Vera is a good grappler.
  14. He's a great worker, and giving his credentials in the WWE, I hope they use him right. I hope he is a SD! talent, becauser atleast there he will be given more of a chance to shine.
  15. I'm still rooting for Alves... Even though Hughes will problay win. I'm more interested in Vera Vs. Werdum and Swick Vs. Davis, both those fights I have problems predicting.
  16. Was wondering when he was going to be picked... I thought he would be picked in the Top 15 for sure.
  17. Going defense with both these picks... Dick "Night Train" Lane 7x Pro Bowl selection (1954, 1955, 1956, 1958, 1960, 1961, 1962) 10x All-Pro selection (1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963) NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team NFL 1950s All-Decade Team NFL record 14 interceptions in rookie season Alan Page 9x Pro Bowl selection (1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976) 11x All-Pro selection (1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1980) NFL 1970s All-Decade Team 1970 NFC Defensive Player of the Year 1971 NFL MVP 1971 AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year 1971 UPI NFC Player of the Year 1971 NFC Defensive Player of the Year 1973 NEA NFL Defensive Player of the Year
  18. People should really invest in the idea of pre picking your picks, and sending them to whomever is running the thing.
  19. C.B. Dollaway Vs. Amir should be good... I think C.B. should be able to handle him, most likely win a desicion. Credeur should be able to submit Taylor... I think Jesse Taylor has a bright future, but his BJJ is not nearly good enough for Credeur right now. He got submited by Jesse Forbes. It's going to be C.B. Vs. Credeur in the finals.
  20. Rothwell has the height, weight and reach advantage over Arlovski like Sylvia, only adding in the fact he's faster then Sylvia... Ben Rothwell is pretty much a replica of Timmy... If Arlovski can take him down and sub him, he will be in trouble... With that said, I'm still picking Arlovski, but this fight will help out Rothwell in the long run.
×
×
  • Create New...