TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaParkaYourCar

A Wrestling Move Discussion

If I'm not mistaken, didn't they start calling Kidman's Pedigree variation a Kid Krusher in the WWF for a short period of time? I believe he couldn't use the ACTUAL Kid Krusher, on account of Christian already did, so he just switched moves, but kept the name. Could be wrong though.

Also, a question on Mark Briscoe's Cut-Throat Suplex. I know what the move is, but is that REALLY a suplex?

Mind you, I've only ever SEEN him do the move once, and when he did it that time, he picked the guy up, held him for a bit, then planted him.

Now, while I suppose it TECHNICALLY is a suplex (because it sends their feet over his head) shouldn't the fact that he holds it (or at least did there) change that?

If I'm not mistaken, a suplex is a type of throw - and I don't think something can be called a throw if it involves grabbing someone, picking them up, holding them there, THEN dropping them. Every suplex I can think of right now (Except a delayed vertical, and some back suplexes) is done in one quick motion - grab, and throw. No delay, no hold, just throw.

And besides, if the Cut-Throat is a suplex, then why isn't a Reverse DVD (Or Burning Hammer, but I didn't wanna use that name, because Dace would probably get picky about the fact that it's not a BH unless done off the buckles) a suplex? Or even a regular DVD? Or are those suplexes that are just never called suplexes?

I dunno...it just seems pretty strange to me. Dace, others - any advice or insight?

This is where is gets tricky.

DVDs are a subclass of suplex. As they are a Fireman's Carry to Brainbuster, and a Brainbuster is a form of a Suplex.

So they are partly a suplex, but its something that's branched off into it's own sub catgory.

So, the Cutthroat Suplex is a Half Goku Raku Torture Rack to Half Goku Racku Inverted Brainbuster, making it a suplex.

But you don't really need to go that deep. And it's a gimmick name anyway.

And you're right about what a suplex is, grabing and lifting/throwing them, so their body passses over your head.

Just a random question- has anyone ever done a reverse shooting star press, as in facing out of the ring, jumping backwards and landing on their back? I'm just wondering if it's physically possible.

Incidentally, Dace, I was looking through the SWF stats, I see you're from Birmingham- I'm working on Broad Street at the moment.

You're a Brummie man?

I never knew that. Gotta meet up some time. Aecas and TES are from Shrewsbury, I've meet up with them a few times. Drop me a PM if you want to get together and say hi.

A Reverse SSP like that would be a Moonsault.

And to land on your back would be a 450 flip, making it Sasuke's Moonsault Senton.

A way to do it, would to be face out, jump backwards, and do the SSP forwards towards the turnbuckles. Dangerous, but it can be done with a 450.

Yeah, that'd be cool.

Do we have any local promotions round this way? I've never been to a live show, how poor is that.

With the reverse SSP thing, I was thinking off actually propelling the legs backwards, rather than forwards as in a moonsault. I don't know if that makes any sense!

Reviving this to ask about a move--don't know if it was asked about because of all the pages...

The Giant Swing: Why would anyone ever use this move unless they were going to be swinging an opponent into something?

Usually it's done middle of the ring. It's excuted by grabbing the legs, swinging the opponent around while rotating your body....and...dropping him. Not throwing the opponent a significant distance, just kinda dropping him...on his back.

Is this supposed to hurt? It looks like it would be more fun than painful and would just make the person doing the move dizzy.

For some reason I think of Foley being in the move and going "WHEEEE!!"

Its not supposed to hurt as much as make you dizzy and disoriented.

Mark out move: Snap suplex ala Dynamite Kid/Chris Benoit, Low-Ki's ki-Krusher from the top rope like he did to Red.

Low-Ki's ki-Krusher from the top rope like he did to Red.

Do you happen to mean the one that I'm assuming was SUPPOSED to be a Ki-Krusher, but instead was more like a Super Spinning Fisherman's Buster?

Cuz yeah, that was fucking SWEET.

And for the record, I'm sure I've seen someone do a giant swing, then had their partner dropkick the guy they were swinging, though I couldn't even start to tell you who - I think it was some Japanese 6-Man cruiserwight tag match (like that narrows it down).

Ki did land a hald decent looking Super Ki Krusher on Red the once, landing like a normal K Krusher, there are clips out there somehwere.

I think the Giant Swing is just ment to show off someone's strenght, anddizzy of the opp.

I believe so, I have the match and aside from his kicks, that one move he did on Red made me a mark for him for life.

Haha, I remember a friend of mine wanted to invent a Corkscrew Brainbuster, in where you pick him up for a delayed vertical suplex, step and turn in a small circle before dropping him straight down ala Koko B. Ware's Gohstbuster circa 1985-86.

I think you mean jump backwards and SSP forwards.

Actually, I think he means face out towards the crowd, jump backwards off the top and somersault into a senton. Just like a moonsault is an inversion of a somersault senton, the backwards-jumping somersault senton is an inversion of the SSP (and the SSP a reverse of the moonsault).

I believe so, I have the match and aside from his kicks, that one move he did on Red made me a mark for him for life.

Haha, I remember a friend of mine wanted to invent a Corkscrew Brainbuster, in where you pick him up for a delayed vertical suplex, step and turn in a small circle before dropping him straight down ala Koko B. Ware's Gohstbuster circa 1985-86.

I've seen a clip of a Corkscrew Brainbuster before. I think it was on the site that Dace gave a link to.

Guest Dids

There's a move in No Mercy for the N64 called the Spiral Bomb- I assume they got it from somewhere- who does it in real life?

Guest Dids

Spinning Sitout Powerbomb- that's it.

DDP did it!?

Sheesh.

I wasn't into wrestling when I started playing that game- and when I did my CAW it turns out that I unknowingly stole like half DDP's moves. Even the diamond cutter symbol...

Guest MrHell

Actually, I have seen the inverted somersault senton that's been mentioned. It was some backyarder with his own ring, but that's beside the point. The guy stood on the top rope, facing away from his prone opponent, then jumped backwards while executing a forward flip, landing back-first on his opponent.

It looked like he just took the bump for a Kamikaze Awesome Bomb

Osaka Street Cutter = Inverted Suplex to Ace Crusher, correct?

Whipwreck used it a couple times as a Whippersnapper variation...

Hmmm...I actually wonder who did more variations of the Ace Crusher, Page or Mikey...

Guest MrHell

Does anbody know if a wrestler either uses or has used a kata gatame (judo shoulder hold) as a finisher? I think it could be built up as absolutely lethal, like Taz's kata ha jime.

katagatame3.400x280.jpg