TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tank_abbott

The Old School questions thread

Yeah, Raven definately had the most because he got made by two different WCW companies (San Fransisco Toy Makers and Toybiz), ECW, WWE and TNA.

Douglas was in the ECW and Toybiz WCW, but no WWE.

Sandman and Raven are the only two of the top of my head. Mike Awesome could be possible because he has ECW and WCW toys, so if he gets in the classic line, it is a possibility. Rhino and the Dudleys I believe were in ECW, WWE and TNA, so he gets a trifecta, just no WCW. Just like Nash and Jarrett had WWE, WCW and TNA.

I was watching Beyong the Mat this morning & there's an event from 97 that has WWF & ECW guys with a main event of Terry Funk v. Bret Hart. Anyone know the entire card of this one? Happened in Texas towards the end of 97 because Bret was champion.

I was watching Beyong the Mat this morning & there's an event from 97 that has WWF & ECW guys with a main event of Terry Funk v. Bret Hart. Anyone know the entire card of this one? Happened in Texas towards the end of 97 because Bret was champion.

That was "Terry Funk's Wrestlefest". It was a one time event Funk put on. I think it was even billed as a "retirement" for Terry Funk.

Here's the match list (from RF Video, might be missing some):

1.W*ING Kanemura vs Roadkill

2.Taz vs Chris Candido

3.Shark Tsuchiya vs Lady Cooga

4.Sandman vs Buh Buh Dudley_Sandman gets injured & Balls Mahoney comes out & takes his place

5.Youngbloods vs Bushwackers

6.Shane Douglas vs Tommy Dreamer

7.Sabu vs Mankind

8.Hayabusa/Masato Tanaka/Jinsei Shinzaki vs Headhunters/Jake Roberts

9.Bret Hart vs Terry Funk

I'd swear I remembered a Dory Funk vs Rob Van Dam match being on that show...or was that just something that was billed and then didn't happen for some reason?

Terry Funk's Wrestlefest 1997

One of the most exciting events of 1997.This show was a rare multipromotional event featuring:ECW,WWF,&FMW.Featured is a rare & classic meeting that lived up to the hype, between WWF Champion Bret Hart and Terry Funk.One of the most Hardcore rivalries ever is renewed as Sabu takes on Mankind,Taz vs Chris Candido,an ECW Worlds Championshp match ,& more_.

1.W*ING Kanemura vs Roadkill

2.Taz vs Chris Candido

3.Shark Tsuchiya vs Lady Cooga

4.Sandman vs Buh Buh Dudley_Sandman gets injured & Balls Mahoney comes out & takes his place

5.Youngbloods vs Bushwackers

6.Shane Douglas vs Tommy Dreamer

7.Sabu vs Mankind

8.Hayabusa/Masato Tanaka/Jinsei Shinzaki vs Headhunters/Jake Roberts

9.Bret Hart vs Terry Funk

I have to wonder after watching WrestleMania V again...

Did they ever have a continuation with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Bad News Brown?

I could see, if it were 10 years later, a hardcore match between the two given how their Mania V match ended (Duggan with the 2x4, Brown with a chair)

I have to wonder after watching WrestleMania V again...

Did they ever have a continuation with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan and Bad News Brown?

I could see, if it were 10 years later, a hardcore match between the two given how their Mania V match ended (Duggan with the 2x4, Brown with a chair)

Checking Cawthon's site, Brown wrestled Beefcake a few times, then Blue Blazer a million times through July after WM

Kinda crazy...if you don't count jobbers brown spent the whole year vs Savage, Hogan, Hercules, 1 time vs Garvin, 1 vs Hacksaw, Sam Houston, Paul Roma, Snuka and Blazer. Not much variety.

Honestly...that's more variety than nowadays, when some wrestlers will wrestle each other for months on end.

I am kinda surprised they never went further with Duggan/Brown.

EDIT: Then again, I'm also suprised that I think they never went the route of having a Junkyard Dog/Hercules chain match...

How long did Steve Regal last in WCW after he got fired from WWE in 1999?

And I recently saw footage of Steve Keirn in WCW 1994. He was looking for a new fabulous one. Did that ever go anywhere?

IIRC, Keirn had a short-lived tag team w/ Bobby Eaton as Bad Attitude. They were just WCW Pro fodder for up and coming tag teams like Stars & Stripes. Basically, they filled in for Slagenger & Pierce.

A couple of weeks ago on Vintage Collection they had a show from 85/86ish in MSG, with a Tag Team Battle Royal. And for some reason a babyface Islanders won it over Studd and Bundy.

Did they ever have any plans for The Islanders. Honestly, I only remember their heel run under Heenan and that's only for their WM IV match. Did they do anything of note besides that? And what happened to Tama?

I'm guessing they were there as faces to ride off Snuka's popularity, since he was gone for a while around the time they came in due to his many issues.

Regarding the action figures, Shane Douglas did have one produced by WCW, but it's so rare that even I don't have it. It was a set that had Kidman in New Blood attire, Vampiro with New Blood attire, Mike Awesome, and Shane. Only the Awesome one ever got released here (as a KB Toys exclusive) and Vampiro had already been available in another set. The last time I saw the Shane figure pop up on Ebay, it went for around $80 MOC.

I have the Shane Douglas figure actually. Although if it's really that rare, maybe not for much longer! I have Awesome, Vamp and Kidman too, although the latter two might be different attires.

Here's a question with nothing to do with Old School stuff, but whatever- are the TNA figures the same size as the WCW ones? The only TNA one I own is Abyss and it's quite a bit larger than the WCW ones. Would an AJ or a Shark Boy be that much bigger than the WCW ones?

I'm guessing they were there as faces to ride off Snuka's popularity, since he was gone for a while around the time they came in due to his many issues.

Wasn't the same thing tried with Sivi Afi?