TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Paul Votsis Will No Longer Be Writing for TSM.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Man, I must be the most laid-back writer on the site. I just look at this as monumentally stupid (I mean, you'll get nailed eventually so why bother) instead of this grave and massive offense everyone else is taking with it. I don't really look at my work as this thing I pour myself into, I just do it because it's fun.

But he said his Eclipse could beat my GT (by saying the Eclipse was lighter even though it's heavier in reality), so fuck him.

Guest goodhelmet
there's more to it than that. I know Paul. He wouldn't do something this stupid just because he's been busy.

check it, i THOUGHT i knew paul also. hell, i could talk to the guy for hours. that is why i went out on a limb and bugged dames and tom to give this guy's work (which wasn't really his) a chance.

paul had a need to be accepted. he was interested in how the posters perceived him. he wanted to be on top or at least mentioned in the best posters threads, the tsm tourneys, and wanted recognition for writing from the site. by producing a well-written article (not written by him) he thought he could obtain these things. he fucked up and now he has none of those things.

and check it cwm, he DID do those things because he was lazy. he lied to me straight up, with no hesitation, after i double and triple checked that the article was 100% paul votsis material. he has prolly lied to you and others who thought he was their friend in some sort of attempt to gather favor. i fell for it. AS fell for it. you fell for it. he conned us all.

Guest Anglesault

Every time he says "check it" I think he's going to start scolding someone.

"Check your attitude at the door, young man! Check it!" :P ;)

Guest goodhelmet

no, "check it" is my way of getting your attention. no scolding.

Every time he says "check it" I think he's going to start scolding someone.

That always gets to me too...

I feel like I'm always in trouble, even though I'm in charge of this damn thing.

Dames

Guest Pegasus Kid

This thread was too long to read all the way through but I got through the first few pages. To the guys that Paul lied to (to their face? Are they offline friends?) I feel bad for you. As for the rest though, I think you're taking this far more seriously than is really warranted. He plagarized someone's work, he got caught, he got cut. All this name calling and ranting about how the site has suffered this terrible pox upon it is being overly dramatic. TSM will have the same readers it already did. It will have the same rep (whether posotive or negative) that it already has. The net isn't going to care about some random guy who stole some other random guy's work. They go to the site's they like and don't bother with the rest. With the exception of those people who Paul directly lied to, everyone else is taking this far worse than they should and should move on.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
there's more to it than that. I know Paul. He wouldn't do something this stupid just because he's been busy.

check it, i THOUGHT i knew paul also. hell, i could talk to the guy for hours. that is why i went out on a limb and bugged dames and tom to give this guy's work (which wasn't really his) a chance.

paul had a need to be accepted. he was interested in how the posters perceived him. he wanted to be on top or at least mentioned in the best posters threads, the tsm tourneys, and wanted recognition for writing from the site. by producing a well-written article (not written by him) he thought he could obtain these things. he fucked up and now he has none of those things.

and check it cwm, he DID do those things because he was lazy. he lied to me straight up, with no hesitation, after i double and triple checked that the article was 100% paul votsis material. he has prolly lied to you and others who thought he was their friend in some sort of attempt to gather favor. i fell for it. AS fell for it. you fell for it. he conned us all.

Yeah you're probably right but I still find it hard to believe.

Paul IS very insecure but I still think that he's a good guy he just seriously seriously fucked up.

In fairness Justin, I think a lot of the posts after page 1 are off but slightly related to the topic (ie Tom's work appearing elsewhere, my work appearing nowhere else).

However, I too didn't have time to read every page, but in skimming that was the idea I picked up.

Guest Loss

I enjoy the unnoticed irony of Tom criticizing Yuki for lumping homosexuals in the same category as wife beaters all the while using the term "cocksucker" as an insult.

Just saying is all.

Also, why does Austin3164Life still post here? I need a history lesson.

Guest Failed Mascot

Does this mean I too can go bump threads which have nothing to do with anything as of late?

I enjoy the unnoticed irony of Tom criticizing Yuki for lumping homosexuals in the same category as wife beaters all the while using the term "cocksucker" as an insult.

Just saying is all.

Also, why does Austin3164Life still post here? I need a history lesson.

In relation to this, I always wondered why so many people I knew would constantly bring up rights of homosexuals, being all "tolerant" then stereotype them as sissies or use them as the BUTT of all of their jokes without remorse, not to mention mock them for their sexual orientation, as if they're lesser people. That always seemed hypocritical to me. Terms like fag and cocksucker are still used to imply that someone is lesser then you too. Refer to someone as a nigger implying their lesser human beings and see what happens.

But hey, it's cool to be gay these days, I mean they have like, three shows on TV!

Yeah, that Votsis guy didn't deserve all he got. It's a wrestling website people, I doubt he'd have done the same if the piece of writing held some actual significance. Sure in principle it was wrong, but in the end it's not as serious as it was made, particularly by the Sandman fellow. He needs a life.

Seriously, though, people took this thing way too seriously. The person who told him he didn't deserve to live? Sure, he messed up, but it's not that bad. He should have just quoted and cited the column and maybe added his own analysis. Plagarism is bad, but it's rampant in the "internet wrestling community". At least he plagarized a good column, and not a Scott Keith BONZO GONZO rant or something like that.

Seriously, though, people took this thing way too seriously. The person who told him he didn't deserve to live? Sure, he messed up, but it's not that bad. He should have just quoted and cited the column and maybe added his own analysis. Plagarism is bad, but it's rampant in the "internet wrestling community". At least he plagarized a good column, and not a Scott Keith BONZO GONZO rant or something like that.

That happened when people still cared for this forum, instead of pretending to not care at all.