TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest razazteca

Fantasy Football

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I seriously think that the league is going to suck with 20 teams. It happened last year and everyone said that we wouldn't go with 20 teams this year. Between the lack of depth in the draft and the fact that half the teams will be dead by week 8, the teams need to be cut back at least to 16, maybe even down to 14. I know it might not sit well, but I think that we should do things to avoid last year's debacle of a league.

Guest razazteca

Keeper League rules could be discussed to keep interest for next season. I suggest 4 keepers with the keeper must being drafted or been traded from last season.

Guest Kingpk

I agree with Marvin here. 20 teams is just too much. I volunteer to drop myself from the league since I've started one of my own with 11 other WDIers (it's full, so don't ask to join).

It just sucks to play with so many people and you KNOW some will drop out. If others decide to do the same and start a smaller league, I'd be happy to join.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Yahoo doesn't offer keeper league options.

So if you are suggesting that we designate keepers and then trust people next year not to draft them, thats not going to work.

But I do admit that if we had a keeper league, with a small amount of teams as the official league (in baseball as well as football) that the leagues would probably stay more competitive and active.

Guest razazteca

We could set a date for dead teams to be contracted. Then have the players on the dead teams sent to waivers.

Maybe week 6.

Guest Lightning Flik
We could set a date for dead teams to be contracted. Then have the players on the dead teams sent to waivers.

Maybe week 6.

Make it week 4.

The earlier the better. If a person can't be active early enough, then they don't need to belong.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I just got a fantasy draft guide magazine and it has tons of ads in it for online fantasy games, Im hoping one of them might be good for something.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Hey guys, thought I'd get your opinion on a trade that was veto'd in my autodraft league.

The trade was:

Edgerrin James and Donovan Mcnabb

for

Shaun Alexander and Jake Plummer

As soon as I saw it, I voted to veto it, and here's the reason (posted to our league message board):

It's an insanely unbalanced trade. Plummer is as good as a guy like Drew Brees (who is available on freaking waivers) and definately isn't in the same league as Donovan McNabb. Edge for Shaun Alexander is an ok trade on it's own, but Edge+McNabb for Alexander is terrible.

Here's what someone else said in response:

for one both mcnabb and james are injured bound i was taking a chance and didnt mind it...plummer will be alright this year in denver i think is numbers will be alot better

So, think the veto was valid? Are vetos allowed in our league, and how should we handle them? It's kind of an interesting situation, one that I haven't dealt with in fantasy football before.

Guest Lightning Flik

The situation is touch and go really. That's a hard one to say. I mean, he is correct that both of them are injuried and thusly, there is always the chance of further rehibilation and stuff might be needed and plus they might not be a factor right away.

Personally, I wouldn't have vetoed it, if I knew both guys were injuried. Sure, it's a bad trade that will hand someone a great advantage if it works out right in the end.

Yet, another way I'll put it. LPM, if you where the guy getting both of these guys in a trade, and figured it was worth the risk would you do it? I know I would. And if they were both injuried, I'd rather make a trade to get something in return then just dump them into the FA and receive nothing as collateral and someone walking away with them for nothing.

Then again that's just me.

Personally, I don't think veto (that grants just a single person power to stop a trade) should be allowed. If it's majority rules, then I can also understand from the people in the majority rules category as they want to make sure that the league doesn't get fucked over royally because of a single "bad" trade.

It's a toughie that one you posted for us. Again, it'll come down to personal decision and me, I would have let it slide.

Guest razazteca

I wonder if this trade will go thru:

Kordell Stewart and Leonard Little

for

Peerless Price and Derrick Brooks

I want Price because I have Michael Vick.

Maybe week 6.

There is one slight problem, however.

The "Can't Cut List" would kind of mess things up a bit, as there are certain players, whom cannot be cut.

I wonder if this trade will go thru:

Kordell Stewart and Leonard Little

for

Peerless Price and Derrick Brooks 

Has that been accepted?

Guest razazteca

The can't cut list is done by yahoo, I am not sure if I can control that.

The trade has not gone thru yet.

Opinions on making the league a Defense player league? Maybe 4 DL 4 DB 2 D. It works well in the other large league I am in.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic
The can't cut list is done by yahoo, I am not sure if I can control that.

The trade has not gone thru yet.

Opinions on making the league a Defense player league? Maybe 4 DL 4 DB 2 D. It works well in the other large league I am in.

The one benefit of using actual defensive players is that in a 20 team league, the last few rounds of the draft won't end up with teams picking people with funny names who probably won't even make it off the practice squads.

Im personally all for the defensive players.

few minor changes:

missed field goals = -1 missed PATs = -3

lowered RB run attempt to .2

30 kickoff yards = 1 point

on Defense

20-27 yards = -1

28-35 yards = -4

35 yards = -7

With twenty teams - man, are the rosters going to SUCK, or what?

Raza, just let us know when you've set the Draft Order.

::prays for 10/11/12 position::

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

a quick summary of the first round:

WORST DRAFT EVER

So, like, whos gonna trash talk.

I'll Start. I have the best WRs in the league.

Owens, Robinson, Kennison and Josh Reed.

My RBs suck though, although Morton will give me some good return yard points.

And I got Kurt Warner in the 4th Round which is either a good thing or a bad thing..