TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

Oh yeah...the question

Rehab is tricky, Christian was in for 2 months durring the last time I had a problem with it. I'd just strip him of the title and make it up to him later.

I wish they would let you book tourneys. You can do it, but not spicificaly book it as an angle.

But who to give it to? As anyone who'd have read my comments in this thread before, i have a problem with long title reigns, i just can't keep the title on one person for so long, so i thought i'd give it a try.

But who to give it to? Turn Styles heel? Jarrett's retired (only ONE month into the game) and my top draw is Sting, who i daren't turn heel.

EDIT:

I may give it to Daniels, but since we're a global promotion now, he's not around a lot of the time and might leave at any time.

Also, he's not under written contract. I got Undertaker on advanced contract from WWE in three months, but... that's THREE months away.

I wish Jarrett would have retired in my game. He's stuck around forever and at zero morale.

My Title History

AJ Styles

Jerry Lynn

Low Ki

CM Punk (18 months)

Simon Diamond

I think I might give it back to Punk in a few months and then put it back on Lynn or maybe on Whipwreck.

Same with me.

I couldn't get:

Rock

Angle

Cena

Guerrero

Hass

Benjamin

Noble

Rhyno

Jericho

But I could get:

Christian

Edge

Storm

Benoit

Tajiri

And Cena ended up leaving the WWE...but I had driven his price way up and had to pay even more to get him.

Just curious as to what's the longest game anyone has ever played in EWR.

With my created UWA fed, I'm going 2 years right now and managed to pass WWE and reach 100% global status. I've started up a bunch of little side games (ROH, WWE, ECW) that only last maybe a month or two before I just forget about them.

This is the longest I've stuck with a game...my problem is I have 70+ on the roster which I didn't realize, I need to kill that down since wrestling is only at a 46% and sinking.

My favorite part is putting guys in development and having them build huge. I had Ruckus in for a year and a half and he's 90+ in speed, technical, and brawl

I'm doing prime time shows on Tuesday and Thursday. With my roster so big I think I'm only going to work every other feud each show. I just don't have room to work every feud every show and still use all the guys I want to

Everyone has their "thanks boss" deal when you push them up in the card. I love how Hurricane has his seperate. "The Hurrican is one step closer to the main event. WUZUPWITDAT!" or something like that.

Guest TonyJaymzV1
It's kinda amazing what happens when you don't pay attention. I've got a few games where the right "gimmick" just clicks and takes off.

It usually is the gimmick that helps the star. You'll find a good one and they'll have a huge increase in ratings because of it.

Thats what happened to Jorge Estrada in my game. I reformed the Flying Elvis' w/ Jimmy Yang, but Yang shot up to 80+ over, while Estrada was stuck at 58. So I turned him heel, renamed him Chief Estrada, and gave him a corrupt police officer gimmick. His overness has shot up like a mofo, and he is currently fueding with Mike Sanders..er...wellwas, before Mike got injured with a neck injury, and all his stats shot down. Oh well, Ill keep him as a manager.

Since we're just sort of randomly talking about our games, I thought I'd post the card for my Wrestlemania, which I should reach in my WWE game sometime this weekend:

For WWE Tag Titles:

World's Greatest Tag Team © v. Billy Kidman / Ultimo Dragon

[These two teams have been unofficially feuding over the straps. If I may blow smoke up my own wazoo, my tag divisions – on both brands – kick ass.]

LADDER MATCH for WWE U.S. Title:

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Sean O'Haire

[O’Haire will win the belt so I can transition Eddie into the world title picture.]

GRUDGE MATCH:

The Rock vs. HEEL~! Chris Jericho

[because it’s insanely fun to feud the two best mike workers in the company!]

For WWE World Title:

Bill Goldberg © vs. Kane

[Kane will win the world title here, but he’ll only be a transitional champ. More on that later….]

TLC Match for WWE World Tag Titles:

The Bad Ass Brawlers (Tommy Dreamer / Scott Steiner) © vs. Jerry Lynn / Lance Storm vs. Mix / Thugz * vs. The Dangerous Motherfuckers (Tank Abbott / Samoa Joe)

[ * Mix & Thugz are original creations. All of these teams have been having great matches against one another, the lowest of which was probably ***1/2. ]

YET ANOTHER GRUDGE MATCH

The Undertaker vs. HEEL~! Chris Benoit

[be prepared to have your WM winning streak end, Deadman.]

RIC FLAIR RETIREMENT MATCH:

“The Nature Boy” Ric Flair vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

[Naitch is retiring at the end of this month, so I figure I’d send him out by giving him one last match against, arguably, his best opponent.]

For WWE Title

Brock Lesnar © vs. Edge

[interestingly enough, this is pretty much my hottest feud.]

And finally, the main event…..

HELL IN A CELL:

Sting vs. Triple H

[Wherein our hero, Sting, defeats HHH and goes on to feud with Kane for the World title. Which, of course, he’s going to win.]

Guest El Satanico

It's good to know someone has had a successful feud with Edge vs. Brock. I'm getting ready to start one after Brock beats Eddy for the Smackdown title and Edge loses the US title to Angle.

Does anyone know how a tweener does when he's the heel in a feud? Jericho is doing fine as tweener while playing faces, but I don't know if that works well for a heel.

In a few months I'm planning on starting a Beniot vs. heel Jericho for Raw title, which will end in Jericho taking the title at Mania ending Beniot's title reign of nearly one full year.

Simon Diamond vs Colt Cabana.

Match Background: This match is for the NWA World title. Simon Diamond has been NWA World champion since 24 September 2006.

The Match: Hard back suplex on Diamond. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Super kick by Colt Cabana. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond flips out of a Colt Cabana bodyslam attempt. Double arm suplex by Simon Diamond connects as Colt hits hard. Big dropkick by Simon Diamond, who got a ton of air on the move. Covers for a quick two count. Colt gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Vertical suplex by Simon Diamond. Simon Diamond misses a clothesline. Diamond walks into a jaw breaker. There's a two count on the pin. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Colt Cabana, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Diamond gets caught with a short powerbomb from Colt. Colt Cabana connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Diamond blocks a kick from Colt Cabana. A Gut buster connects on Colt and hits hard. Simon Diamond plants Colt with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Colt Cabana charges, Diamond moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Colt Cabana knocks Diamond to the outside, then signals for the Colt 45. He reaches out of the ring for Simon Diamond...and gets clobbered with the ring bell! Right to the head! The referee wakes up to see Diamond sliding in and making the pinfall: 1....2....3! Forget about it. The fight has started up again! Simon Diamond attacks Colt, and they brawl all around ringside, then into the crowd! They eventually disappear backstage, still fighting.

My Opinion: Great match. Most people would give it ****3/4 or more, but I guess I'm a harsh grader. ****1\2 for you.

------------------

ARG! So close!

Are you gonna put Edge over Lesnar?

Seeing as it's not the last match on the card, i'm assuming not.

Nope. Lesnar needs to keep the title so that he can promptly drop it to Eddie in his next feud.

Don't fret about Edge, though. His feud with Lesnar has pretty much cemented his status in the main event, and he'll get the belt.....eventually.

Simon Diamond vs Colt Cabana.

Match Background: This match is for the NWA World title. Simon Diamond has been NWA World champion since 24 September 2006.

The Match: Hard back suplex on Diamond. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Super kick by Colt Cabana. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond flips out of a Colt Cabana bodyslam attempt. Double arm suplex by Simon Diamond connects as Colt hits hard. Big dropkick by Simon Diamond, who got a ton of air on the move. Covers for a quick two count. Colt gets hit with SPLASH MOUNTAIN~! out of the corner! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Vertical suplex by Simon Diamond. Simon Diamond misses a clothesline. Diamond walks into a jaw breaker. There's a two count on the pin. Wicked suplex out of the corner from Colt Cabana, is executed so well, it hurt MY back. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Diamond gets caught with a short powerbomb from Colt. Colt Cabana connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Diamond blocks a kick from Colt Cabana. A Gut buster connects on Colt and hits hard. Simon Diamond plants Colt with an EXPLODAH~! suplex. Colt Cabana charges, Diamond moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Colt Cabana knocks Diamond to the outside, then signals for the Colt 45. He reaches out of the ring for Simon Diamond...and gets clobbered with the ring bell! Right to the head! The referee wakes up to see Diamond sliding in and making the pinfall: 1....2....3! Forget about it. The fight has started up again! Simon Diamond attacks Colt, and they brawl all around ringside, then into the crowd! They eventually disappear backstage, still fighting.

My Opinion: Great match. Most people would give it ****3/4 or more, but I guess I'm a harsh grader. ****1\2 for you.

------------------

ARG! So close!

I've had Spanky and Paul London have about ten matches, and they're ranged between ****1/2 to ****3/4 and i just can't get there :(