TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Memphis

EWR 4.0 Has Officially Been Set Free!

I could probably make that up pretty easily. Charisma and stats don't play too much apart of it. It's mostly the little checkboxes that do.

Like for Monster, you need Menacing and Superstar look. You can't really get it to go otherwise. High brawling stat is a must, 70+ (can get away with as low of as 55, if you get lucky).

Really it depends on how you book as well. You could give a guy the Monster gimmick and if you don't book him as he doesn't lose to anyone, you can sometimes mess it up.

It seems to be a recurring problems and the thing is our production values is at 100% and our staff is considerably the best in the world. So if its "one of those nights" then damn we have sure some unmotivated people (even though their morale is very high).

I'm about 100% certain it's a glitch in the game that pops up from time to time. It's happened to me at least three times, even though I'm the WWE with 100% production values, the best staff available, and 100% PI. I would post fantastic numbers for both crowd reaction and match quality, but my overall would be, on average, 10 points lower than it should have been.

If it does it to you, close the program and then restart. That might do the trick.

I had it happen on my new ROH game. Had a fantastic Johnny Kashmere/Mark Briscoe match (part of my Mark Briscoe/Spanky vs. Backseat Boyz feud. Jay Briscoe got injured before my first show for 16 months, so I didn't sign him), but because the next match (Caprice Coleman vs. Michael Shane) didn't do so hot, the rest of the show was sub-par.

While on the subject of my game, I'm one month into it (lost money because I signed so many guys to written, but have a weekly PPV instead of a TV show and large or PPV event), and here are some feuds:

Caprice Coleman vs. Mikey Whipwreck

Justin Credible vs. Messiah (my main event feud, Messiah is the ROH Champion as a heel, Credible is the face).

Homicide vs. Dan Maff

Don Juan/Fast Eddie vs. Texas Death Club (Masada and Todd Sexton) in an effort to elevate all four.

Jimmy Rave vs. Michael Shane

We'll see how this goes.

Due to my own stupidity, I downloaded EWR 4.0 and had a color commentator as a wrestler.

So guess what happened? Yup, right. The dreaded "commentator gets injuried and so I got to PPV and the thing crashes and burns". So I had to restart up a new game and thus went my new diary.

So because I'm so peeved off, I'm not doing a diary now. Period. I'll just work on a game.

Currently playing a messed up scenario (created it and no, I'm not giving you it) where a shit load of Smackdown superstars left due to the bullshit on Raw this past week. So that means a lot of Smackdown superstars left and are free for the picking. :) I did the picking via free agency. My federation is Cult at 10PI.

My current official feuds for this are:

Austin Lee vs. Edward James(created wrestler)

Shelton Benjamin vs. Charlie Haas

Rob Van Dam vs. Brock Lesnar

Current Champions:

Brock Lesnar - Ultimate Champion (just earned the title)

Orange Crush - Television Champion (just earned the title)

Team Chismo - Tag Team Champions (just earned the titles)

#1 Contenders:

Rey Mysterio - Ultimate Contendership

Cruz (a.k.a. Chi Chi Cruz ACW) - Television Contendership

Wild Ones (Air Paris and Chance Beckett - Tag Team Contenderships

That's how it goes. A lot of my guys are below 50 over since I'm trying to keep my budget fairly even. It's quite fun.

I don't like having a million belts, but I have too many guys on the roster right now and made up a couple.

Current title holders.

NWA World Champion: Simon Diamond

NWA X Champion: Christopher Daniels

NWA Brass Knuckles Champion: Vic Capri

NWA Tag Team Champions: Ace Steel & Chris Hero

NWA X Tag Team Champions: Mike Sanders & Michael Shane

Guest El Satanico

About a month ago I updated all my stats, since I was three ravex updates behind, so I restarted my WWe and TNA games.

WWe:

I'm about 5 months in, with the roster split intact, have profited every month and went frim 65 PI to 99 PI. TNA is at 30 global PI, so a war with TNA is on the horizon.

feuds

Raw:

Chris Benoit(World champ) vs. Rock

HBK(IC champ) vs. Chris Jericho

RVD(TV champ) vs. Christian: RVD will be TV champ for a year or more

Dudley Boys(tag champs) vs. Randy Orton/Rhyno: Orton/Rhyno wins at upcoming PPV and feuds with HHH/Steve Austin(Power Trip returns)

HHH vs. Ric Flair: A short two month fued ends this month

Matt Stryker vs. Matt Hardy

Lash Leroux vs. Ron Killings

Smackdown:

Eddy Guerrero(heavyweight champ) vs. Brock

Edge(us champ) vs. Kurt Angle

Rey Mysterio Jr.(cruiserweight champ) vs. AJ Styles

World's Greatest Tag Team(tag champs) vs. Rising Sun(Funaki/Ultimo Dragon)

Undertaker vs. Kane

John Cena vs. Sonny Siaki

Lance Storm vs. Jamie Noble

Big Show's contract runs out at end of the month so he'll job to Chico Cruz(Chi Chi Cruz LXW)

TNA:

Been playing for 3 months, have two shows and have made money every month. I'm at 11 global PI, but I still have quite a ways to go before going to war with WWe who's at 100 PI. I've cheated alittle by using the editor to sign my Japan tourers to written contracts.

fueds

Meltdown: Tuesday Prime Time

Jeff Jarret(world champ) vs. Raven

America's Most Wanted(tag champs) vs. Backseat Boys

Bryan Danielson vs. CM Punk

Spanky vs. Sonny Siaki

Jerry Lynn vs. Jimmy Yang

Briscoe Brothers vs. Kash Money(Kid Kash/EZ Money)

Paul London vs. Sonjay Dutt

Xplosion: Friday Prime Time

AJ Styles(tv champ) vs. Ron Killings

Juvi(x champ) vs. Christopher Daniels

Matt Stryker vs. Elix Skipper

The Amazing Red vs. Low-Ki

Psychosis vs. J.R. Ryder

The SAT vs. Barrio Boys(Alan Barrio/Billy Boy Barrio)

Evolution(Nova/Frankie Kazarian) vs. Swinger/Diamond

TITLE PLANS

World: CM Punk will take it off Simon, and then Corino will win it.

X: Jerry Lynn is just about to end Daniels' 6 month reign

Brass Knuckles: Few more months on Vic Capri, then Colt Cabana

World Tag: Whipwreck and Tajiri will win it from Hero and Steel in a few months

X Tag: The Hotshots...I've got their overness in the high 80s, about time I pushed them

It seems to be a recurring problems and the thing is our production values is at 100% and our staff is considerably the best in the world. So if its "one of those nights" then damn we have sure some unmotivated people (even though their morale is very high).

I'm about 100% certain it's a glitch in the game that pops up from time to time. It's happened to me at least three times, even though I'm the WWE with 100% production values, the best staff available, and 100% PI. I would post fantastic numbers for both crowd reaction and match quality, but my overall would be, on average, 10 points lower than it should have been.

If it does it to you, close the program and then restart. That might do the trick.

Thanks I decided to go ahead and make a new game. It just wasnt challenging anymore. So now Im going with almost all unknowns. See how it works out.

What's suprising me is that in my WWE game, Goldberg is like the top worker on Raw. He's been having 4 1/2* matches with Rhyno, a 3 3/4* match against Test, and have been having the best match on Raw alot lately. I'm just putting him against jobbers like Rodney Mack and a 3 1/4* match comes out. Here was my last Raw card:

The Side Effect (My team of Christian and Matt Hardy) Vs Tough Enough - 3*

Ron Killings Vs Nova - 3*

Ken Shamrock Vs Val Venis - 3*

Goldberg vs Rodney Mack - 3 1/4*

Triple H Vs Chris Hero - 2 3/4*

Shawn Michaels vs Edge - 3*

That's not really that surprising, especially if you're using someone like Dames as reviewer. The match quality is really more about a mesh of styles than anything else.

Take my WWE game. I've been getting ungodly awesome numbers from some matches simply because I'm feuding guys with great workrate against one another (Rey v. Tajire, Los Guerreros v. WGTT).

But one of my most successful tag teams? My "custom" team of The Bad Ass Brawlers - Tommy Dreamer & Scott Steiner. They're my RAW tag champs and consistently put on 3* matches or higher because I pair them against guys with similar styles (the Dudleys, Orton / Batista, even Booker T & RVD as both guys have good brawling stats).

I've got a problem. I'm running an HWA game(insert jokes here), and I'm up to 22 percent National, but I've got 5 guys who are down to 30% morale. Any ideas?

If their morales are at 30%, do either:

a) Some time off if you've been over using them

b) Try hyping them up to make them feel "special". Via angles, interviews, videos, whatever gets the job done.

or c) They just are being pissiant bastards and nothing you can do, so just make them perianiel jobbers (if on written contracts) then release their asses when it is done.

I'd use C only if A or B have prove false.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's mostly underuse, because everytime they do the job their morale drops even more. It sucks because every time I throw them in a feud, they have to lose to keep it interesting.

You only need a few 'cheat' wins by the Heel to keep the feud interesting. Stick to angles for the most part, that way (no matter whom gets beaten up etc.) everyone comes out happy, because they are getting TV time and are the focal point of the show.

UYI

Ugh. I was going to start an ECW 99 game, but I messed up and didn't edit the wages (this is the 3.0 scenario from RaveX, meaning the wages are on 3.0 levels...i.e too high for 4.0). RVD is being paid per appearance double what people should get a month with ECW.

Oh well...looks like I have a lot of editing on my hands...

Goddamn Briscoe Brothers are down to 0 morale and I can't figure how it happened. They went from 90+ over down to about 75.

I turned Japan commitments off when I started my new game. I can handle touring. But American Dragon left as my champ cause he wouldn't do a global promotion after my NWA TNA got too big.

My favorite part is when you're regularly using guys to get their draw up, don't pay much attention to them...and all of a sudden their draw is in the 80s! That just happened to me with Vic Capri and Adam Flash

My favorite part is when you're regularly using guys to get their draw up, don't pay much attention to them...and all of a sudden their draw is in the 80s! That just happened to me with Vic Capri and Adam Flash

I'm three months in on my TNA game, and Paul London is on 86 draw. All I did was give him an X-Div title reign, and now he's the top face on the roster.

It's kinda amazing what happens when you don't pay attention. I've got a few games where the right "gimmick" just clicks and takes off.

It usually is the gimmick that helps the star. You'll find a good one and they'll have a huge increase in ratings because of it.

Uh, how do you turn off Japan commitments. Angle just got so pissed off he refused working for me and I want to hire someone like Chris Daniels to give my Smackdown brand another star.

It's kinda amazing what happens when you don't pay attention. I've got a few games where the right "gimmick" just clicks and takes off.

It usually is the gimmick that helps the star. You'll find a good one and they'll have a huge increase in ratings because of it.

Check this shit out - I didn't have anything to do with Spanky, so I decided to throw him into a silly angle where he romances Torrie Wilson and feuds with Rhyno over her.

He's shot up about THIRTY points in overness since I started. Keep in mind, this isn't even one of my eight allotted feuds. He got so damn over, I had to put the cruiser strap on him.

Check this shit out - I didn't have anything to do with Spanky, so I decided to throw him into a silly angle where he romances Torrie Wilson and feuds with Rhyno over her.

He's shot up about THIRTY points in overness since I started. Keep in mind, this isn't even one of my eight allotted feuds. He got so damn over, I had to put the cruiser strap on him.

Best, I had was I had Leo Branford and Marcus Chavayada feuding in my SWF (Supreme Wrestling Federation) game way back when.

They both started feuding, and at zero. I didn't really use them much, but by the time I finished I had both people in the high 90s in A MONTH'S TIME.

Yah, in one month I had raised them from 0 to 90. Go me. I'll admit though, I did have a TV show.

Wasn't even a freaking real feud since I didn't WANT that to happen. The 0 to 90 thing. But sadly, I had to push them to my main event.

I haven't played EWR in a while and now I'm lost. Could someone help me get 4.2 with the picture packs and banners and logos and everything?

Go back about 10 pages.

Alternively, just search Google for it, that's how i got it.