TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Vanilla Pepsi

I figure I would be the best one to start a new thread about this rip off of a drink from Pepsi.

I haven't seen the stuff yet but I have heard that it should be making its way to shelves within the next week or so. They also have a diet version available at launch as well (as opposed to diet Vanilla Coke taking a while to come out) I'll probably try both. To be honest, I initially loved both Vanilla and Diet Vanilla coke, although I haven't been drinking much as of late (sodas in general that is)

Oh, and I remember reading that Coke's sales of Vanilla Coke were down a good deal. I predict that Pepsi will probably see an uptick in sales for a brief period of time (not as long as Coke did though).

Guest El Satanico

I can't see Pepsi mixing well with vanilla. Coke mixes well because it's syrupy and sweet.

I don't drink regular pepsi, so the only one I would try is the Diet Pepsi version. I'd think Diet Pepsi is too crisp and light tasting to mix well with vanilla.

The bad thing I've discovered about Vanilla coke. Resturants like Big Boy and Shoneys are now serving the manufactured Vanilla Coke instead of making real Vanilla Coke by adding vanilla flavouring to a Coke.

There's an ice cream parlor in town where you can get any flavor coke you can think of. Vanilla, cherry, strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, rasberry, butterscotch, you name it.

I've dug the vanilla Coke since Pulp Fiction, but vanilla Pepsi ain't on Jack Rabbit Slim's menu.

Guest El Satanico
There's an ice cream parlor in town where you can get any flavor coke you can think of. Vanilla, cherry, strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, rasberry, butterscotch, you name it.

OMG...cherry coke...that's so weeeird... :P

Big Boy and Shoneys has Vanilla, Cherry, Strawberry and now Chocolate. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't imagine that Chocolate Coke would taste very good.

Guest wwF1587

i saw some today, tried it, ended up liking it alot better than vanilla coke so...

For the record, I hated Vanilla Coke.

Anyway, I'm drinking a bottle of Vanilla Pepsi right now (or Pepsi Vanilla, if going by the company line).

The "Pepsi" and the vanilla mix together well, as neither flavor is dominant nor do they clash with each other like they did in, for example, Pepsi Blue. It still has the Pepsi "bite" but goes down smoother for me than did Vanilla Coke. Of course, VP takes some getting used to, much like all relatively new sodas.

Regardless, it's a soda that I can't see myself drinking every day, and will probably be reserved for a once-in-a-while treat. This will probably be true of most consumers, especially considering Vanilla Coke's sales decline. If I could use a ratings cliche, ***1/2 for the taste. Although I'd really like to drop that down to * for Pepsi being unoriginal fucks and following in Coke's footsteps, but I'll refrain, since this is about the soda and not the business practices.

Edited by KingOfOldSchool

I really liked Vanilla Coke when it first came out...but it turned out to be, quite literally, a flavour of the month. I'm back to regular Coke now, and I rarely have Vanilla, even though it's readily available.

I doubt I'll try Vanilla Pepsi. Blue was bad enough, and I don't like Pepsi that much anyway.

Vanilla Coke kind of tasted like a tamer version of Cream Soda to me. I hated it the first time I had it, but it has grown on me and now I drink it on occasion.

Im pissed that I live 10 minutes from a Pepsi distribution center and I still haven't seen 1 bottle of the stuff yet. But it sounds like its ok, although I find that my taste buds are a little bit more on the critical side when it comes to these things...

I love Vanilla Coke....

....but this tastes better than that! In VC, the vanilla is barely there. With Vanilla Pepsi, the vanilla is more noticeable.

Diet Vanilla Pepsi is all I've been able to try, I don't remember wha Vanilla Coke is like, but Pepsi is probably better.

Making your own cola and adding vanilla extract yourself is the best, though.

Guest El Satanico

Yeah i think drinking Pepto as a normal drink would lead to something you'd rather not have. With that said, I also like the taste of Pepto.

Vanilla Pepsi isn't bad. I had a diet over the weekend. I didn't have the time to savor it, so I'll need to try it again to see if i like it.

I love Vanilla Coke.

However, I'm actually more of a Pepsi fan than Coke, so I anticipate that I'll love this.

I'm growing fond of Sprite Remix as well.

My liver is going to be fucking shot in 10 years.

I tried it the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I think I like it more than the manufactured vanilla coke. The vanilla flavor is there, but not overpowering and actually blends well with the taste of Pepsi. It didn't rock my world, but it's not too shabby.

I finally drank VP for the first time yesterday and Renegade said it all for me:

I love Vanilla Coke....

....but this tastes better than that! In VC, the vanilla is barely there. With Vanilla Pepsi, the vanilla is more noticeable.

Although, I'm gonna stick with VC since its the original. I just HATE it when somebody rips another person off. Example: A music artist stealing / using another artist's beat. And Burger King STEALING McDonald's Egg McMuffin, :angry: .

I finally drank VP for the first time yesterday and Renegade said it all for me:

I love Vanilla Coke....

Although, I'm gonna stick with VC since its the original. I just HATE it when somebody rips another person off. Example: A music artist stealing / using another artist's beat. And Burger King STEALING McDonald's Egg McMuffin, :angry: .

VC is not the originator. The concept of vanilla soda has existed nearly as long as we've had cola.

Guest El Satanico

Surprisingly after my original comments, I tried VP and found that I did like it. In regards to the "it's a rip off of vanilla coke" argument.

:ahem: It's fucking colored sugar water...who cares