TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Askewniverse

Interesting note from Raw House Show

Guest Choken One

Add in the House Show title changes with Money Inc and Natural Diasters...

The Hardcore doesn't count in my mind...

Add in the House Show title changes with Money Inc and Natural Diasters...

The Hardcore doesn't count in my mind...

I was just counting the Intercontinental Championship, actually.

Guest Choken One

I know...I was just adding to the House Show Title Change list...

The most notable is Nash/Bobby Backlund

I know...I was just adding to the House Show Title Change list...

The most notable is Nash/Bobby Backlund

Ah yes, the 8 second match.

And I think that time for that match was actually WAY closer to the real time than the Bundy/SD Jones match.

Was Flair v. Bret really a house show?

I think the match was done at a TV taping given the way it was filmed and the fact that it's on a Coliseum video

Guest Askewniverse

Was Christian's European title win over Bradshaw ever televised? It happened at a Smackdown taping, but they cut it out for whatever reason.

They cut it out due to timing.

That was when WWF title changes were REALLY getting out of control

And they still had all the WCW Titles around too.

Thus causing even MORE confusion.

...though, I think the WWF/E title changes happening so often in recent times is due to the Attitude Era...or at least due to Russo.

Or maybe it's due to the monthly PPVs.

Either way, they should try and end the quick reigns.

Guest Goodear

Anyway, beyond all the "Booker T is not a good wrestler" I think its a major step backward to hand the belt back to Christian. His first title reign was an obvious complete bomb and he could really use some time away from the belt to wipe that stink off him for a while. I would have pulled him out of there and put the belt on someone newer to the belt like Storm or even Goldust to open a possibilty for a story beyond the "cheat to save title" train that Christian is sure to be on.

I always miss house shows title changes. I will never forget a few years back when I was watching WWF Challenge one Saturday, they were talking about how the Steiners won the tag belts from Money Inc. at some house show, but how they lost them back to Money Inc a few days later. A short while later, I turn onto Raw or All-American wrestling and they talk about how the Steiners won the titles again at another house show that Saturday night. That certainly had me excited.

In hindsight, it's kind of depressing. Scott Steiner used to be so awesome back then. Too bad he is broken down and terrible now.

They cut it out due to timing.

That was when WWF title changes were REALLY getting out of control

And they still had all the WCW Titles around too.

Thus causing even MORE confusion.

...though, I think the WWF/E title changes happening so often in recent times is due to the Attitude Era...or at least due to Russo.

Or maybe it's due to the monthly PPVs.

Either way, they should try and end the quick reigns.

They actually are starting to end the quick reigns it seems. The split PPVs will help this greatly.

Brock had the title for a nice length of time, WGTT had the belts for a while earlier this year.

On RAW you have HHH. We'll wait and see with the other titles

If Booker got hurt in the match, couldn't Christian just have done an impromptu pin to get him out of there and into medical care as fast as possible? I agree that Christian's title reign sucked )and I'm willing to blame WWE Style for his decline in the ring), but seriously, what did you want the guy to do? The coice was that, or have Booker do something fast to get the pin, which would have been much worse since he might have hurt himself worse doing a Bookend or Axe Kick.

Here's hoping that they book Christian properly, or hot-shot the title onto someone tonight.

Who do you think Vince would have Christian hot-shot the title tonight? NOT, who do you want, but who do you think WWE would put the title? Nash, Orton, HBK?

Guest Choken One

Hurricane is the only one with ANY chance of hot shot itis...

Maybe Steiner and put the IC title in the Test/Steiner EPIC.

After RVD, Booker,Goldberg, Nash, HBK, Austin...What other Faces are there?

Maven? Goldust? Rosey? Exactly...

Hurricane and Steiner are the only "Mid-Card" faces I can honestly see Vince hot shotting the title on tonight...

I wonder if they will show footage of the match...I believe that they do still tape them for historic/legal purposes don't they?

Guest BionicRedneck
I'm willing to blame WWE Style for his decline in the ring

Christian has only ever really wrestled the WWE style, and he hasn't really declined in the ring, he just isn't very good.

Was Flair v. Bret really a house show?

I think the match was done at a TV taping given the way it was filmed and the fact that it's on a Coliseum video

It was a house show in Saskatoon. I assume they brought the cameras so they could get footage, and just decided to put the entire match on a tape.

Does Christian buy into the theory that heels shouldn't outshine faces? Because that could explain much.

Oh, and when you're booked as horribly as he was in that last title run, OF COURSE it will bomb.

Does anyone know if Christian was ever any good in the indies? Otherwise, I don't know why he and Edge used to be called the Suicide Blondes if he wrestled the same style he's been wrestling for a few years now.

Guest Adrian 3:16
Remember when everyone said Christian was the talented member of Edge and Christian? Yeah it didn't take long after they were broke up to prove that one wrong.

Yeah, and for basically no other reason than Edge was pushed harder and was more popular with the marks, so people on the net wanted to go against the grain. No mystery there.

Remember when everyone said Christian was the talented member of Edge and Christian? Yeah it didn't take long after they were broke up to prove that one wrong.

Yeah, and for basically no other reason than Edge was pushed harder and was more popular with the marks, so people on the net wanted to go against the grain. No mystery there.

And yet we have you. A poster who goes against the grain as well and tries to be "edgey and different" but just comes across as a jackass. You are basically what you preach against kid.

And yet we have you. A poster who goes against the grain as well and tries to be "edgey and different" but just comes across as a jackass. You are basically what you preach against kid.

:lol:

Why the hostility? You need a hug or something?

I agree with what you said about Edge vs. Christian and back up what you said, and yet you still feel the need to pop shit. Too funny.

If you have a problem with me, that's fine. But come out and say as much and let's get to the real reason. I somehow doubt it has to with which member of a tag team I liked better (especially when you agreed)

No I've just been watching your posts. And in every post you have to make some inane comment about the IWC and then pretend that you're so cool because you disagree with all them evil smarks. Do I have a problem? Yeah I'm tired of people like you. Yeah you can disagree with majority opinion(i do it all the time) but don't act like a jackass about it.

Uh-huh. Please show me where I come out and said "I'm so much cooler than the rest of you." If that's the impression you get, that's on you then. I don't need someone else to project their own insecurities on me.

As for going against the grain, I call 'em like I see 'em, no matter how many people agree or disagree. If it seems like my opinions stand out more, that's because for every 20 posters here we have 19 sharing the same brain. I don't try to be a jackass but I don't sugarcoat either.

I'm not trying to bring Dames down on us so if you want to continue this farther we can always meet up in NHB, until then I consider this the end of our little arguement.

Whatever. See there you go again "they share the same brain". Did you ever think that these people happen to be thinking on there own? I can't help it if my opinion coincides with someone elses. Hell I could make the same argument that you and the rest of the "anti-smarks" share the same brain. Hell I think I will. Quit thinking like everyone else. Jeez...think for yourself.