TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Power outages reported in Northeast

Can't resist Canadian Bacon joke.

I wonder who will be the scapegoat for this and how soon will there be a tv movie of the week about it.

The all the major news networks are showing footage of people walking around. I'm surprised nothing seriously bad has happened yet.

the main fear with nuclear powerplants is a radioactive meltdown, not a massive blackout.

But it would still likely wreck havoc on the power grid, which creates massive chaos as well. Point is, they were and still are targetting power plants. They are probably pissed that this happened before they were able to exploit it.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I picture this fat American in the power plant watching a crap talk show on his personal mini-TV and accidently pressing the wrong button...

I was flipping channels earlier this afternoon and FNC and CNN had some putz in Alabama vowing to fight some court ruling about him putting some religious statue (10 Commandments, I believe) on public display.

Please tell me that stupid story got cut off by these power outages...

I don't think it was a lack of power, if I understand it was a fire in a generator in mahattan that sent a a a bad something up to the main hub in Niagra and fucked up the whole grid.

Not like Niagra stop falling.

I picture this fat American in the power plant watching a crap talk show on his personal mini-TV and accidently pressing the wrong button...

Pulled a Homer

And so I get a phone call from my friend John hoping the power goes out in Philly so he doesn't have to go to work. He offered to buy a case of beer, so I might have to root for a blackout now, lol.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

From Reuters.com:

A New York State official said the Niagara Mohawk power grid overloaded on Thursday, causing a massive power outage, CNN reported, and New York Major Michael Bloomberg said it was likely a natural occurrence.

"It may be well into the evening before power comes back on," Bloomberg told the U.S. cable television network. He said smoke from a Consolidated Edison Inc. plant in the city was due to the plant's automatic shutdown, not to a fire, as had been reported.

He said, "I can tell you 100 percent sure that there is no evidence as of this moment whatsoever of any terrorism."

A massive power outage swept across swaths of the eastern United States and Canada on Thursday, leaving sections of New York, Detroit, Cleveland and Toronto without electricity, witnesses said.

It was not immediately clear whether the Niagara Mohawk problem caused the wider outage.

Guest Eagan469

How do you rescue all the people trapped on subways cars?

They're trapped in there without AC, and if anyone comes to rescue them and the power goes back up, they're pretty much dead by either the car hitting them or the tracks becoming electrified.

Crazy.

What the fuck is burning in that video on CNN?

A power plant.

Usually when a power plant is on fire its not a good sign. Poor little New Yorkers without power. Oh whatever shall they do!

:::Does Happy Dance and turns lights on and off, in the Midwest:::

Nice display of sympathy there.

I'm about 20 mins west of Detroit and the power is out, except where I work which is prolly running on generator power, but its air-conditioned and I have the Internet. Props to me.

This is funny to me- because we are usually the people to loose power.

(I live in St. Louis and my half of the subdivision is on the grid that ALWAYS goes out. We're talking once or twice a month here)

All the same, hope it gets fixed soon. Although those pictures from New York are prettey incredible- everybody milling around aimlessly, or trying to get home.

Hate to be trapped in an elevator.

Guest Choken One

Be honest here...Who didn't think "Leary" when you heard there was a fired that caused Blackouts?