TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

My only real big complaint is that the storylines are way too repetative. THQ had IGN saying that there were 10 years of storylines in this game, yet I get pretty much the exact same thing every time I run through the Season Mode.. *sick of feuding with Vince*

I agree about the repetitive storylines, i've already lent HCTP out to one of my friends just too give me a bit of a break from it, so i'll still really be into it when i get it back.

They probably couldn't get the rights to use Bret/Owen's images. Warrior they couldn't wrap under contract. And so on, and so on...

Maybe Bret is exclusive to Acclaim for their Legends of Wrestling series.

Guest Askewniverse
How about this for discussion- what do they need to fix/improve for the next game?

No automatic camera effects. That was my only big complaint about HCTP, other than the omission of Flair's theme.

Edited by Askewniverse

I was thinking about picking up a Sharkport so that I could get CAW files copied over. Would I still have to get a Gameshark, or would the Sharkport cover it?

I really don't want to spend $100 just to make this game better....

*shrug*

Anyone else know?

I bought a PS2 yesterday, but they were out of HCTP.

I then had a dream last night that I was lining up to buy the game and the cashiers were....Rhyno and Downhome. And I was asking whether the game was worth it and what the replay value was like. Weird.

Anywho, do any of you guys still play it?

Guest Ghettoman

I've done pretty much everything there is to do and I've yet to get bored of the game in the least.

I'm easily amused though so I can't really say you'd feel the same.

Bored of season mode, but not exhibition. This game really needs the option to defend titles in exhibition mode, though. I know it's been said a million times.. but jeez!

Yeah, thats what made SmackDown 2 so good on the PS1.

Ive only had the game for a week, I could have unlocked everything in a few days, but I decided to hold off for a bit, because its really annoying if you do everything in the first week and then have jack shit to do in the meantime.

Guest Metallica

I still play it (though I took a few weeks break to complete Manhunt :D ) Still great fun, it does suck ass that they don't have 30min Iron Man matches in it but I'm loving the main event elimination tag matches, those can last for over 30mins.

I've got an excellent Bret CAW so I've made a Hart Foundation stable with Bret, Jericho & Benoit B-)

Next game they should put in the Flair Flip- one were he gets thrown off, one where he hits something.

That's another thing i always wanted, specific wrestling selling. I hate how in every smackdown everyone did the rock sell of the stunner.

I just realized something... they actually included a Full Nelson in this game. Was there one in SYM?

I always remember that the Full Nelson was always left out of games for some reason. Not that I really care. Just wierd, is all.

Now if we could only get the Tully Blanchard Slingshot Suplex... ;)

hey you wanna read something messed up?!

I was home playing SDHCTP over my cousins house( being I left my console at school) and gave it a rest. I come to get back on it and ALL MY MEMORY IS GONE!!! all Created wrestlers ,unlocked moves,champion runs.

Same thing happened playing UNReal Tounament here recently in school.All Unlocks and memory GONE. Is it because I turn it off in the midle of the game (from frustration) or while itd loading in between games or what

any suggestions......please help :ph34r:

Guest Askewniverse
I was home playing SDHCTP over my cousins house( being I left my console at school) and gave it a rest. I come to get back on it and ALL MY MEMORY IS GONE!!! all Created wrestlers ,unlocked moves,champion runs.

Same thing happened playing UNReal Tounament here recently in school.All Unlocks and memory GONE. Is it because I turn it off in the midle of the game (from frustration) or while itd loading in between games or what

It might be your memory card. What kind are you using?

They probably couldn't get the rights to use Bret/Owen's images. Warrior they couldn't wrap under contract. And so on, and so on...

Well, Jakks Pacific was able to get the rights to use them in action figure form. Check the thread in this forum.

I want to give my caw finishers as normal moves using a gameshark. I've been trying to find the move addresses and move slot addresses online, but with no luck so I thought I'd mention it here. If anybody knows where I can find those, let me know.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Everything will be erased if you turn the game off during a save.

Well, Jakks Pacific was able to get the rights to use them in action figure form. Check the thread in this forum.

Yeah, I saw that a few days after I posted that. wierd.

Guest JacK

Has this happened to anyone else? In an elimination chamber match, Taker was going for a Smackdown chokeslam on Eddy, and had his hand around Eddy's throat, but Edge charged in and speared him (as a smackdown); pinning him while Taker is chokeslamming nothing.

And what's gratifying is beating my friend who was maxed out old-school Taker with original Mattitude in an elimination chamber filled with big dudes like Show; after I was in first and he was in last . . . that was gold.

Edited by JacK

I just lost the WWE title to paul london. I was toying around in a triple threat match with him and spanky(I was using Brock). They started to double team me and they got my head into red. So i hit an f5 through a table on spanky then london runs up and ddt's me on the chair.

I still can't believe it....

My latest story:

I created Mankind based off of my maxed CAW of myself, and he won the title. I'm playing in the season as myself, and Vicne gives me a title shot. I have to beat Taker in 3:00, which I do with 2 seconds to spare. Afterwards, Mankind throws me off the stage. I continue the title chase injured, and am put into a handicapped match w/ Benoit and Snuka, which I win. Mankind tells me that I can have my title shot at the PPV, but I have to beat both Snuka and Benoit in singles matches first, then face him in the main. So I beat Benoit and Snuka, and start my match with Mankind. I give him a clothesline, he reverses my Osaka Street Cutter, I give him another colthesline, and hit him with my shining wizard pin, which never gets me a pinfall. Then Vince, the special ref, gives me the slowest 3 count in history, and I win the belt in under 30 seconds.

WTF?!!?!?!

Damn this game is hard.

Two moves by the computer make me yellow...it takes me 10 moves to do it to them. Oh and TLC matches....jesus christ. This is as annoying as WMX8 where instead of stopping the other guy from winning...they just choose to beat you up while he wins.

The game doesn't start getting easier until you have at least 8s in every category... though using the "Jobber" method help build your players up a lot faster than getting your ass kicked royally... I lost to HHHe-Man like 11 times in a row, until I got most of my stats at 9, and with some sneaky ways to win matches (in a no-DQ match, knock him down, go outside, grab a chair and when he is in the middle of his top-rope ring exit, hit him with it. Run into the ring, swing at him as he is entering, repeat, until his head or body is red, then hit your finisher and pin him).

If you have the Hardcore title, you will be backjumped at PPVs a few times. To win a match quickly, go through the set of doors to the left and move to the cage and climb atop it. Knock your opponent off the cage, which does massive damage. Taunt repeatedly until he climbs up, then attack him with punches and kicks until he falls off, but be careful not to fall off while doing it (I lost several matches that way using this method). When his enitre body is red (or at least the part that your finisher will hurt), use your finisher and pin him.

I'm always thinking of sneaky ways to win matches when you can't beat them straight up.

Guest OnlyMe

Here's a fun glitch for you...

Fighting in the crowd~!

1) I've only done this in the Raw arena, but I assume it is possible in any arena with a ramp

2) It's awkward to get right, so don't try it once and reply with "OMFG LIAR BANPLZ"

3) Every player who is going into the crowd MUST have the "dropkick to head" as a ground head grapple (I forget the actual name, but Jericho has it)

4) Start a two (or 3, or more... but make sure there's no computer players) player game. Make it hardcore, so you can beat the shit out of them with a chair.

5) Beat the shit out of your opponent, and get them onto the ramp. They must be between the guardrail at the bottom, and the top of the fenced off area. Have them lying so that their head is at a 45 degree (ish - experiment) angle with the LEFT guardrail.

6) Do the dropkick to head move. If you've got the right one, one of the following will happen:

- you'll slide through the guardrail

- you just won't do the move and the opponent will sell it anyway

- you won't do the move and the opponent will stand up

If you actually do do the move, then you're too low down.

Once you're in the crowd, you can run through them all, and through the stands. At the bottom, there's a few rows of people without chairs, which is vaguely interesting. Actually, it isn't at all.

I haven't tried going too far through the stands, as I hadn't saved for a while, and didn't want things to crash.

I'd assume that it's possible to get a second person through, just by using the same method in a triple threat match.

Getting back is easy - just run through the guardrail anywhere.

Enjoy...

Nik

Guest Stunt Granny

The last man standing matches are nuts in this game. I was The Undertaker and I beat the shit outta Nikolai Volkoff for literally 20 minutes and that fat Russian fucker kept getting up. It took about 150 chair shots 40 chokeslams and 27 last rides to put him down.