TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Insane Bump Machine

The One and Only Smackdown! HCTP Thread

Ok I've been playing this for a while now and I'm going through season with John Cena and EVERYONE I face seems to be 10x tougher than me...my special meter CRAWLS while there's flies to the top and I cant' seem to injure them when a few moves sends me into the red.

TMD, you do know that even though you have season stats, that you can use the EXP you gain from the matches and stuff to build up those reg season stats? Right?

So if your Strength is a problem, increase it. Simple as that.

Yeah I know....but I also like to do build myself from the ground up. So I started with every stat at 1.

Since you are using. Follow this template:

Strength is your priority.

Endurance comes secondary.

Technical is third.

Speed is fourth.

Submission is fifth.

So if you've been building up it should be something like this:

St: 8

Su: 2

En: 7

Te: 5

Sp: 4

I started by season as Kurt and continued my feud with Brock,

as they said they had an epic match at Wrestlemania.

We fight at Backlash...

We fight at Judgement Day...

We fight at Bad Blood in a NHB match....

We fight at Vengence....

We fight at Summerslam in a Hell in a Cell match....

We fight at Unforgiven in a Submission match...

We fight in a tag match, (Me & Benoit vs Brock & Rhyno) at No Mercy.....

We fight in an elimination match with our factions at Survivor Series.....

Wow.

Has anyone had a feud like this, that won't end? I'm not complaining, its a great feud. But I'm kinda....just kinda, getting sick of Brock right about now.

Yeah Man.When I 1st got the game I kept wrestling the same 3 People.

When I was Brock I was feuding with Goldberg too much and I wrestled him at at-least 5 PPV's and 3 Shows

and I wrestled Rock and Austin like 10 Times.

no onelse,No joke.The only time I touched another Wrestler other than Rock,Austin and Goldberg was in a tag-match.

I was all over Forums complaining about this.It dont happen anymore though.You gotta put all "big name" Wrestlers

on the show you on and You wont feud with the same person all the damn time.

Brock/Goldberg Feud never ended and Same with my Rey/Eddie Guerrero Feud.

I was pissed off at this so I went to someone and Ask them if they feud with the same damn person too long

and Thats when he said it happened to him but He then put all big name Wrestlers on the show he on.

Well, after Survivor Series I had a mini-feud with Edge and fought him at Armageddon...

Then, I faced the 'Taker at the Royal Rumble. The same show where, you-know-who.....BROCK LESNAR won the Royal Rumble!

McMahon tried to screw me out of the title at No Way Out and put me up against, Eddy Guerrero and Edge on the same show. I beat both of the in separate matches, and when on to Wrestlemania.

Wrestlemania was a straight up 'wrestling match' between me and Lesnar. It literally went about 25 minutes and was a video game classic. In the end, I had Brock in the flashing red and applied the Angle Lock, and was sure he'd tap. He never. As we were both staggering to our feet, I got some strength and run the ropes, only to be kicked in the gut, picked up in a sideslam position and raised onto Brock's shoulders for a powerful F5 that came out of nowhere. 1-2-3. Brock Lesnar is the new WWE Champion, after a whole year of feuding with Kurt Angle.

It was long and repeatitive at times. But I loved that season.

Brock is a nightmare to face on there, though I did have on of the great underdog victories against him a couple days ago...

In my season with John Cena, I won the US title, then sometime in the fall, got myself a title shot against Brock. Lesnar absolutely destroyed me. Then, I got put into a 4-way elimination match for my US belt and Lesnar was in it. Not only was I eliminated first, but Lesnar took my US title to boot.

I got several more matches with him, both for the title and non-title. ALL losses.

I won the Rumble and earned a WM title shot against Lesnar. I went into that match something like 0-5 or 0-6 against him for the season (without ever coming CLOSE to winning). But at WM, I went to a new strategy: submission. I pounded on his head and was relentless with the rear naked chokehold... I survived an F-5 when he stupidly picked me up when he could've had a pin on me, got the submission hold on again at about the 15 minute mark and he tapped... one of my most satisfying title wins ever.

The buzzing has been happening to me too. Never did it before HCTP.

I found this... which is probably the reason why some copies of HCTP are making the noises:

"The "grinding problem" is caused by too much ink being used in the printing of the non-readable side of the disc (over-enthusiastic disc-printer) or, more specifically, too much being used in some areas. This can cause an imbalance, making the disc tilt ever-so-slightly (you wouldn't notice it, but by golly, your PS2 does), occasionally bringing the surface of the disc into contact with the laser (very bad thing ), which causes the grinding noise and, if prolonged, will leave thick, curved marks in the surface of the disc.

If you've got the "grinding problem", take your disc back to the retailer and tell them the above and ask for as many replacements as it takes to get one that doesn't do it.

If your disc already has the marks in the surface, then ring Sony customer services & they'll give the address to send it to for examination and replacement. Only do this if you genuinely have the marks, not if you've spilt coffee on it or if you've scratched it any other way because they'll take one look at it (which takes at least a month anyway) and tell you to **** off. They've seen enough of these to spot someone trying it on.

This is not a PAL or NTSC problem, it's simply to do with ink and certainly isn't specific to this game."

So it was the disc. Bad thing is my disc is marked up from the laser I guess. And that asshole at EB wouldn't exchange it. Guess I'll just have to take the loss and buy a new copy...

Guest Coffey

I just had a tag match with Jerry Lawler as my partner. He didn't have an entrance or anything, but he was actually there. He was wearing generic blue tights with black boots that had a crown on them. He had chest hair and his face. It didn't look like much effort was put into his character, so I'm assuming it's just for that match in the season mode.

He teamed with me to defend JR's honor or some shit. His finisher is that stalling piledriver that Roddy Piper has in his moveset.

This makes me wonder if Foley is in the game or something. I mean, why else would the Hardcore title be in the game when it was gone from the WWE months before the final cut off date.

I had a strange thing happen today.. I was Charlie Haas, doing a 6 Man Elimination Exhibition, and I got bloodied up. Well, at the end of the match, when I was taunting, my face was not blood red like my opponents, but a dark brown.. almost black colour. Is this some sort of error in the game, or a result of further beating down of my bloodied head (or, perhaps, does blood actually start to dry up after awhile?)

I just had a tag match with Jerry Lawler as my partner. He didn't have an entrance or anything, but he was actually there. He was wearing generic blue tights with black boots that had a crown on them. He had chest hair and his face. It didn't look like much effort was put into his character, so I'm assuming it's just for that match in the season mode.

He teamed with me to defend JR's honor or some shit. His finisher is that stalling piledriver that Roddy Piper has in his moveset.

This makes me wonder if Foley is in the game or something. I mean, why else would the Hardcore title be in the game when it was gone from the WWE months before the final cut off date.

hardcore matches. 'nuff said.

The HArdcore title exists i nthe game for balance.

SmackDown as the CW (60 or above SP), US (70), and WWE (85) belts, while Raw has the IC (70) and World (85). Hardcore (60) was added to counter the CW title. And of curse they both have tag titles too.

I like how Jerry Lawler looks like he did in the 80s.In my second season,i was Kurt Angle and i had to defend the wwe title against Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar in a handicap match,obviously i got the shit kicked out of me.

Anyone notice that Undertaker bleeds black shit?

I was in a triple-threat ladder contest, involving both Undertakers, and both of them ended up busted. Weird thing is, UnderBiker was the one who, for some reason, bled shit from his head that was black coloured.

Seems to only happen when he's in the ring with his alter-ego, but weird none the less.

UYI

Er? How do you get both of them in season mode? Wouldn't let me..

Just finished a season with Lesnar during which I formed a faction with the Iron Shiek, A-Train, Cena and Sable as our manager.. We kicked so much ass~

Er? How do you get both of them in season mode? Wouldn't let me..

Just finished a season with Lesnar during which I formed a faction with the Iron Shiek, A-Train, Cena and Sable as our manager.. We kicked so much ass~

He probably meant in Exhibition mode..

I had a strange thing happen today.. I was Charlie Haas, doing a 6 Man Elimination Exhibition, and I got bloodied up. Well, at the end of the match, when I was taunting, my face was not blood red like my opponents, but a dark brown.. almost black colour. Is this some sort of error in the game, or a result of further beating down of my bloodied head (or, perhaps, does blood actually start to dry up after awhile?)

I've had something similar happen with colours changing.. I was fighting Rock one time and he went for the People's Elbow, all the camera flashes went off and suddently his elbow pad [the one he was taking off] was silver.

This game pisses me off big time. I was fighting Brock Lesnar who is unstoppable, in a Submission match at No Mercy, and he reverses everything that I do, he puts on a few subs and hits the F-5 twice, and then makes me, Kurt Angle, tap out!!!!!!

I've had something similar happen with colours changing.. I was fighting Rock one time and he went for the People's Elbow, all the camera flashes went off and suddently his elbow pad [the one he was taking off] was silver.

That must be another glitch, because it's happened to me too.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
This game pisses me off big time. I was fighting Brock Lesnar who is unstoppable, in a Submission match at No Mercy, and he reverses everything that I do, he puts on a few subs and hits the F-5 twice, and then makes me, Kurt Angle, tap out!!!!!!

In Kayfabe World, three F-5's broke Angle's neck so you were a fool to think you were walking out on top after taking TWO of them.

True, but he took two Angle Slams and was fine. The game is cool and all, but the damn computer cheats like hell. For example, I, Kurt Angle, had a #1 contender tournament. I beat two of my opponents. Then I was facing the Rock, and all the sudden, Brock Lesnar decides to add himself to the match. I fight hard and work over Brick's leg, I put on the Angle Lock 7 TIMES on Brock, his legs were red, but no tap out, his meter moves so fast towards the rope break. I get put into a sharpshooter twice and I tap, cause my meter moves so fast towards the tap out area.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
True, but he took two Angle Slams and was fine. The game is cool and all, but the damn computer cheats like hell. For example, I, Kurt Angle, had a #1 contender tournament. I beat two of my opponents. Then I was facing the Rock, and all the sudden, Brock Lesnar decides to add himself to the match. I fight hard and work over Brick's leg, I put on the Angle Lock 7 TIMES on Brock, his legs were red, but no tap out, his meter moves so fast towards the rope break. I get put into a sharpshooter twice and I tap, cause my meter moves so fast towards the tap out area.

You need to use weapons on Lesnar to beat him or turn down the difficulty meter, then.

The difficulty level is on low. And Lesnar cannot be hit with a weapon, he grabs it form me and nails me with it.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
The difficulty level is on low. And Lesnar cannot be hit with a weapon, he grabs it form me and nails me with it.

Then you have but one recourse: do standing turnbuckle moves. I beat Big Show with a CAW at 50 Overall that way.

That, or get better at the game. Or reverse an F-5 here or there. Or wait till you have 2 SD!s and give HIM an F-5. You have to take risks to beat Lesnar.

Guest Joe_G

I'm using Matt Hardy in season mode and had a PPV match against the Undertaker. The video package before the match was pretty funny, as it painted Taker and Matt as these blood enemies, when in fact they only wrestled for about two minutes during a tag match.

So anyway, the match starts and Taker is just killing me. I can't get any moves off, and he's almost got a special a minute into the match. So I retreat outside and realize there's no countout, so I decide run up the ramp. Taker follows me and continues to beat the crap out of me, but since by this point my head and torso are dark red on the damage meter and he can't pin me outside the ring, it doesn't really matter. It's like punching a corpse; you really can't do a lot more damage. I fight back when I can on the outside (which isn't often) and taunt like crazy when he goes back to the ring. Soon I've hit him with a few Twist of Fates and finally score some damage. I have one special left, so I get back in the ring, he follows and charges at me, kick to the gut, TOF, 1-2-3.

I'm using Matt Hardy in season mode and had a PPV match against the Undertaker. The video package before the match was pretty funny, as it painted Taker and Matt as these blood enemies, when in fact they only wrestled for about two minutes during a tag match.

So anyway, the match starts and Taker is just killing me. I can't get any moves off, and he's almost got a special a minute into the match. So I retreat outside and realize there's no countout, so I decide run up the ramp. Taker follows me and continues to beat the crap out of me, but since by this point my head and torso are dark red on the damage meter and he can't pin me outside the ring, it doesn't really matter. It's like punching a corpse; you really can't do a lot more damage. I fight back when I can on the outside (which isn't often) and taunt like crazy when he goes back to the ring. Soon I've hit him with a few Twist of Fates and finally score some damage. I have one special left, so I get back in the ring, he follows and charges at me, kick to the gut, TOF, 1-2-3.

You're wrong here. Trust me. And thats all I can say while the lawsuit is still pending.

The game cheats it's ass off. I was in a Battle Royale and got pinned in 4 moves. My CAW has endurance six. My torso was in yellow and my head in orange, though, but even jagging on the buttons wouldn't let me kick out.

I try and try, but it only takes a handful of moves before I'm eliminated. Shitty gameplay balance, and blatant hoss-favoritism.

I'm not even talking about being countered, because that's not too much of a problem for me. However, the moves that get through are enough.

I got pinned after Kane did the body blows in the corner, the clothesline, an elbow to counter a grapple, and his powerbomb. Still mostly in yellow. Got pinned and eliminated. Bullshit.