TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cynicalprofit

AWWW FUCK

I had this guy come along, had no name, and was UBER hard to beat, beat him in a tag, his partner was the god father and it took like 20 minutes cause the guy was nearly unstopable.

Then Finals, me vs unnamed vs jericho. 36 minutes....fuck. and then, NOTHINGS LEFT. A year of work, gone....anyone ever heard of this glitch?

Sounds like THE glitch of No Mercy, that just randomly erases data. I was one of the lucky ones who got a glitch-free copy when it first came out.

Guest Random Hero

Yeah, I exchanged my copy about 4 times before I got one that didn't have the glitch. Unfortunately when I finally got one without the glitch, it didn't have any blood in it, but by that point I was beyond caring.

I had my copy for over 2 years with no problems then it got f'd up. I actually talked to THQ and they told me that all copies of the game has the glitch, so it still might happen.

What you have there is THQ's original shipment of the game, the one containing the killer bug. THQ frantically fixed it as quickly as they could so that the next major shipment of games from Japan would no longer contain it.

I know how you feel, I had legions of Create-A-Wrestlers (including my Raven, which I was very proud of), hours of story mode done and countless other achievements that were whiped clean out of nowhere.

I'm surprised you didn't break the fucking game in half, I know I came close.

I had the game almost a year before that happened to me. The worst part is for some reason they took out the option to save your wrestlers to the controller pak this time for whatever reason which is something I always did just in case in Wrestlemania 2000.

The glitch struck my first copy of No Mercy a couple months after buying it. I started working through the game again, when it hit a second time. At that point I just sent it in to THQ, who sent me a new one. I haven't had a problem since.

Guest undisputedjericho
I haven't had one problem since buying it back the day it came out.

Me neither.

Likewise.

I heard you have to activate the bug in order to make it happen. I have had the game since 2000, and I haven't gotten the bug.

I heard in order to activate the bug, use a CAW during Championship mode. Once that happens, out of nowhere, your CAW will turn into a regular CAW, with no hair, just tights, and a different face. Once that happens, your entire should erase. It happened to my friend's copy the first day he got it. I never used CAWs in Championship mode since, and the game hasn't erased for me.

Guest TheBigCalbowski
I've used my CAW in Championship mode and haven't run into any problems.

Same here.

I had the game almost a year before that happened to me. The worst part is for some reason they took out the option to save your wrestlers to the controller pak this time for whatever reason which is something I always did just in case in Wrestlemania 2000.

My No Mercy had that option...

I had the game almost a year before that happened to me.  The worst part is for some reason they took out the option to save your wrestlers to the controller pak this time for whatever reason which is something I always did just in case in Wrestlemania 2000.

My No Mercy had that option...

Yeah I was kind of confused I guess. I knew there was something about saving that I always had a problem with but I didnt know what it was because I havent played in ages. I think it's just that when you save data it takes up a bunch of room but can only save created guys, not career and all the stuff you bought.