TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheGame2705

I've heard everyone bitch about commentator angles

Guest Choken One

Yeah It was totatally out of left field in one of those good ways...

I refused to believe it was coach at first but god damn has he always been ripped like that?

He showed GREAT heel charisma although he can't sell a damn thing...

Line of the night(Since I didn't hear the commentary of anything)

"HEY JR! DON'T WORRY...*I* got this one!"

I remember reading in WOW magazine back in the day when Coach was first hired that the then-WWF was considering him for an in-ring role due to his good shape. So yeah, he's always been that size.

Guest Choken One

It's funny if you go back to the pregame-heat show and see mr. Nice and not just 2 hours later Coach made a HOGANISH heelturn for the ages...

See, you missed the first match, but after the match Coach interviewed the Dudleys in the entranceway and said how La Resistance was pretty smart with what they did, and Buh-Buh threatened to beat Coach down as an anti-American. That'd sour my mood also.

I loved Coachs heel turn. My mate was just flabbergasted, he was speechless for the first time in ages, as it just didn't mkae any sense. But thats what I loved about it! I want Coach to be a top heel! I love this!

I wouldn't be surprised about the wrestling role...he's about the same height and bulk as Shane.

And yeah, it was great. When you saw the chair come down across Shane...the last person I expected tos ee was Coachman. And as I've said in another thread, the mocking of JR deserves some smark love. And boy did Shane kick the shit outta him.

I would make the hell out for a Coach/Matthews team. Sad, but true.

Guest BionicRedneck

That whole angle was one of the worst things I've seen on PPV. Couldn't that shit have been done on RAW?

Guest Dmann2000
It's funny if you go back to the pregame-heat show and see mr. Nice and not just 2 hours later Coach made a HOGANISH heelturn for the ages...

The seeds were being planted early in the night, with his "smarky" attitude towards the Dudleyz after their match.

And I love the fact that we see where this is coming from, as everytime JR went down Bischoff was like "Coach get your ass out here" but just as he got into a groove AUstin would be, "screw you here's JR" and King was like "Yay! Move Coach".

And JR never said thank you to Coach for handling the duties.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I can't lie, ANYTIME someone is trying to make Ross look like an ass......I like it......sue me.

I refused to believe it was coach at first but god damn has he always been ripped like that?

Nope, he got locked in HHH's "supplement" closet and came out looking like that ;)

For a segment with 4 to 6 non-wrestlers, I enjoyed it. When Shane took the first chair shot, I initially had my hopes up that it would be Bischoff's new enforcer, you know, an actual wrestler, but overall the segment was pretty good. Even if it was something that should have been on free tv, not a PPV.

And to add my two cents to the racism complaint: it's not racism, it's racial stereotyping which some people find just as offensive. Personally I'm not one of them, I liked Triple R's "J.C. Flash" character and I'm hoping to see him with Teddy Long tonight.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I thought it was pretty cool and it has been building ever since Austin gave him a stunner for no reason a few months back when he removed and Coach and replaced him with JR.

That said, I didn't like how they had him get beaten up straight away cause now he will be Commissioner Morley Version 2 and we will all be yawning for the next few months. The pop when he had his ass handed to him was quite loud though.

Guest Trivia247

Lawler and JR goes WHY Coach WHY?????

um ...

WHY NOT?

Coach is a substandard Commentator we know that, but thats only because he's new. However the WWE took it upon themselves to make his failings a little more obvious. Asides that when JR was out Lawler spent the majority of the time ragging on Coach claiming that he didn't want JR to come back. Plus few months back when JR was fired and Coach got his first Raw tryout. Austin Stunned him and gave JR back the job.

Now take a look at this from a average guy perspective...

Why the fuck wouldn't he turn heel. He gets shit on by his co commentator, abused by one of the general managers and is constantly reminded that he is No JR.

So if in storyline Bischoff did whisper some inspiring words and signed Coach to exclusively work for him, giving him protections from any reprocutions from Austin jobwise, then Coach wouldn't be out of line to accept and do what was asked of him. You frustrate the shit out of a guy, and beat him down for no apparent reason and he'll snap.

Im sure there will be some explaination on Raw. which will be along those line.s.

How will Coach look Al Snow in the eye on Heat...

heh I half expected Al Snow to come down and try to reason with Coach only to take a chairshot, causing a Snow Coachman feud.

Coachman could be the next....

DANNY DAVIS!

except the fact he is a Commentator and not a ref.

Lawler and JR goes WHY Coach WHY?????

um ...

WHY NOT?

Coach is a substandard Commentator we know that, but thats only because he's new. However the WWE took it upon themselves to make his failings a little more obvious. Asides that when JR was out Lawler spent the majority of the time ragging on Coach claiming that he didn't want JR to come back. Plus few months back when JR was fired and Coach got his first Raw tryout. Austin Stunned him and gave JR back the job.

Now take a look at this from a average guy perspective...

Why the fuck wouldn't he turn heel. He gets shit on by his co commentator, abused by one of the general managers and is constantly reminded that he is No JR.

So if in storyline Bischoff did whisper some inspiring words and signed Coach to exclusively work for him, giving him protections from any reprocutions from Austin jobwise, then Coach wouldn't be out of line to accept and do what was asked of him. You frustrate the shit out of a guy, and beat him down for no apparent reason and he'll snap.

Im sure there will be some explaination on Raw. which will be along those line.s.

How will Coach look Al Snow in the eye on Heat...

heh I half expected Al Snow to come down and try to reason with Coach only to take a chairshot, causing a Snow Coachman feud.

Coachman could be the next....

DANNY DAVIS!

except the fact he is a Commentator and not a ref.

I think if they use coach as a colour commentator it is a positive thing. This is because he lacks PBP ability but still has to have a commentry based role.

I agree with Kotzen, Coach needs to break into the Charleston after an attack. Just picture it, he rushes into the ring with a chair, brains someone with it, and then starts doing the Charleston over top of the fallen wrestler before heading to the back. That would get him over so quickly it would make your head spin.

It's money in the bank, Vince! :cheers:

Nope, he got locked in HHH's "supplement" closet and came out looking like that ;)

Coach was always in shape but he looks like he's been hitting the gym quite a bit lately.

I thought his heel turn last night was simply hilarious. It came totally out of the blue and is so against his normal character.

Guest Trivia247

Coach was always in shape but he looks like he's been hitting the gym quite a bit lately.

I thought his heel turn last night was simply hilarious. It came totally out of the blue and is so against his normal character.

but it still made sense for the heel turn...

but definately came out left field and almost look SHOOT like after Bischoff's S-Bomb and then cutting the mics Letting Coach seemingly VENT mocking JR while Bischy took out Shane.

Guest JMA
See, you missed the first match, but after the match Coach interviewed the Dudleys in the entranceway and said how La Resistance was pretty smart with what they did, and Buh-Buh threatened to beat Coach down as an anti-American. That'd sour my mood also.

I missed SummerSlam, did this really happen? God, I miss the old Dudleys. The ones who didn't give a fuck about America or the fans. Ditto for Austin.

I'm sorry, but I find this racist and I'm going to ask you nicely to stop before I report you to a mod.

No, I'm not joking or being sarcastic.

He's doing a parody. Get over yourself buddy.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

Buh Buh effectively declared Dudley War on anyone who did not like America.

Thats a lot of people worldwide, and a fair few in WWE.

Guest JMA
Buh Buh effectively declared Dudley War on anyone who did not like America.

Thats a lot of people worldwide, and a fair few in WWE.

Maybe they'll turn heel and 3-D everyone who comes from a different country. That would be interesting. A xenophobia angle.

Guest Trivia247

I could see like alot said here, Coach joining Long's stable....rapidly growing now with Mark henry's soon appearance (MAYBE AND NOT ACTUAL FACT) with the group. Long could claim that since the Man does not give The Mack any respect Bischoff has personally given Long permission to have placed during the Mack's, Jazz's and later (MAYBE) Henry's matches a "Nonbias" commentator, which of course would be the Coach.

Guest Goodear

How anyone can say this came out of no where befuddles me considering Coach's treatment from just about everyone in the last few years. Quite frankly, if Kevin Kelly came out one day and beat The Rock to death, I would still totally understand it and those humiliations happened years ago.

How anyone can say this came out of no where befuddles me considering Coach's treatment from just about everyone in the last few years. Quite frankly, if Kevin Kelly came out one day and beat The Rock to death, I would still totally understand it and those humiliations happened years ago.

That's what I'm saying. I've been waiting for Coach to finally snap. Typical they'd have him get killed five minutes into his turn.

Guest God Junior

Did anyone notice how even Coach throws a better chairshot than Lance Storm?

Guest TheArchiteck

Actually...I can't wait to see Raw just to see how they play the EVIL COACH thing out.

I just want to see Teddy Long talk to him at least just ONCE. They don't have to align, just have them confront each other.

The more Long the better.

I'm sorry, but I find this racist and I'm going to ask you nicely to stop before I report you to a mod.

No, I'm not joking or being sarcastic.

Time to wash the sand out of your vagina.

.....shit, this is gonna get reported too, huh?