TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest JMA

Rob Conway's anti-American promo

Guest JMA
Quiet, Frenchy.

Vyce, you were the one making fun of dead French people. So don't proceed to judge me. And if you could actually READ you would see I started this thread to DEFEND America. But you don't care. You just used this as a chance to harass me.

You haven't spent any time in the Current Events folder, have you.

GOD FORBID the WWE poke a little fun at the French.

It just gets so freaking annoying since JMA post a new topic every Tuesday on the adventures of La Res. It seems like this angle has some weird personal affect on him.

JMA-

La Res are portrayed as arrogant assholes who hate America and love France.

(whomever feuds with them) will be portrayed as someone who thinks AMERICA IS GREAT and that French people suck.

Just accept it and move on. This WWE. Not PBS

Guest JMA
Women in Japan are conditioned to be socially immature, submissive, giggling idiots--in addition to the aforementioned inequality in jobs.

That's odd because Rumiko Takahashi (manga artist and writer) makes more money than the author of Harry Potter.

Guest JMA
It just gets so freaking annoying since JMA post a new topic every Tuesday on the adventures of La Res. It seems like this angle has some weird personal affect on him.

JMA-

La Res are portrayed as arrogant assholes who hate America and love France.

(whomever feuds with them) will be portrayed as someone who thinks AMERICA IS GREAT and that French people suck.

Just accept it and move on. This WWE. Not PBS

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

I didn't say you did.

But posting a new topic about whatever La Res does every week is quite annoying.

It's one of those rare occasions when I agree with B.B. You seem to care waaaay too much about La Res than is healthy.

Guest JMA
It's one of those rare occasions when I agree with B.B. You seem to care waaaay too much about La Res than is healthy.

I don't know how to stop caring too much. How do I do that?

It's one of those rare occasions when I agree with B.B.  You seem to care waaaay too much about La Res than is healthy.

I don't know how to stop caring too much. How do I do that?

For starters, mute the TV whenever La Res show up. Then you don't hear the Vince-McMahon-approved deluded political rantings that make Warrior's diatribes sound lucid, truthful and sensible.

Then you should be able to see La Res for what they really are: crappy wrestlers with an evil foreigner gimmick who have really bad matches.

Guest JMA
For starters, mute the TV whenever La Res show up. Then you don't hear the Vince-McMahon-approved deluded political rantings that make Warrior's diatribes sound lucid, truthful and sensible.

Then you should be able to see La Res for what they really are: crappy wrestlers with an evil foreigner gimmick who have really bad matches.

Okay. I'll try that.

Guest Ascalon
That's odd because Rumiko Takahashi (manga artist and writer) makes more money than the author of Harry Potter.

Hmmm, thats alot of money she would make then...

BTW, for those who didn't know...Ms. Takahashi made Ranma 1/2...so she's FUCKING rich as they can come.

Guest Indy

Hmmm, thats alot of money she would make then...

Well we are talking about a woman who has written and drawn about 5 different manga series, had all 5 of them made into animes, had 3 of her animes have more then one animated movies about them, had them all publish and release in America and had tons of merchindise of her series from models to video games.

Anyways, I actually liked Rob's promo cause I feel the same way about America as he said in the promo

Guest Ascalon

Massion Ikkoku...Ranma, IY, and Urusei Yatsura...right? wat is the fifth one?

I think for a first promo it was ok....but i guess im kinda disturbed by it. Ina "oh well" way.

Guest JMA
BTW, for those who didn't know...Ms. Takahashi made Ranma 1/2...so she's FUCKING rich as they can come.

Not to mention Inu-Yasha and Urusei Yatsura.

Edit: Nevermind

Guest Indy
Massion Ikkoku...Ranma, IY, and Urusei Yatsura...right? wat is the fifth one?

I think for a first promo it was ok....but i guess im kinda disturbed by it. Ina "oh well" way.

One Pound Gospel. It did get a 60 minute animated movie and I own a copy of it.

I also forgot her known "Mermaid" series.

the whole gimmick is disturbing but what is just as worse is the whole, "Love us because we are american" gimmick. I mean that cheap heat never sticks and never lasts more than a little bit, but for some reason this whole thing is being dragged out for too long.

Guest TheAnvil
Women in Japan are conditioned to be socially immature, submissive, giggling idiots--in addition to the aforementioned inequality in jobs.

Have you ever heard of a generalization?? Just because a few Japanese women make a ton of money doesn't mean that Japanese women are well off. That's the dumbest response to a generalized statement I've ever read.

ALSO ANIME/JAPANIMATION SUCKS AND HAS NO PLACE IN A WWE DISCUSSION. TAKE THAT SHIT ELSEWHERE!

Guest JMA
ALSO ANIME/JAPANIMATION SUCKS AND HAS NO PLACE IN A WWE DISCUSSION. TAKE THAT SHIT ELSEWHERE!

Please don't dictate what people can and cannot talk about. If you dislike my thread you can always leave.

Guest thetrendsetter

I wouldn't really call Rob Conway Green, he's been wrestling in OVW alone for at least 3 years.

Guest Dynamite Kido
Why is JMA so obsessed with this La Resistance angle???

I don't have a problem with it at all since it's wrestling and it's FAKE.

I have a problem with it, because it makes people that watch wrestling look ignorant and just plain fucking stupid.......

Guest Loss

Feuds do not logically end. Ever. They simply continue until both guys have lost their heat. That's the WWE way.

the question is how can this angle logically conclude?

Pipe dream: some team other than the Dudleys or Cade/Jindrak beats La Res for the titles via some screw-up by Grenier. Dupree and Conway kick the shit out of him and send him packing, never to soil the airwaves ever again. That or Bischoff abolishes tag teams on RAW forever.

Reality: the Dudley Patriot Express, after another 18,000 failed attempts, will finally beat La Res at the next PPV to thunderous silence, and the next night on RAW lose the titles to Orton and a returning Batista. Evilution pullls a poor man's Horsemen routine, running roughshod over the promotion, belts brandished in everyone's faces, and nobody gets over.

Never underestimate the power of pessimistic thinking.

Guest Loss

Or HHH could become the first ever singles wrestler to hold the tag titles by himself. It could happen.

Why is JMA so obsessed with this La Resistance angle???

I don't have a problem with it at all since it's wrestling and it's FAKE.

I have a problem with it, because it makes people that watch wrestling look ignorant and just plain fucking stupid.......

OMG! People who watch wrestling are portrayed as ignorant and dumb?

That's NEVER happened before