TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

The One & Only RAW 2 Thread!

I played it this afternoon. It's fun, but it still feels like an updated Raw. The carrer mode is pretty sweet, even though I hate how during the angles and talking on the mic, they have no text boxes to hear what they say like in No Mercy.

Entrances are pretty cool, too.

I just got Raw 2 at Best-Buy. IGN don't know how to rate. The game play is the same as RAW 1. The only good thing they have going right now are the entrances so far. They don't have moves in the game. I haven’t started the season mode yet. If the season mode is shitty then I don't know what to say. One good thing they have is that you can edit wrestlers entrances. you can change their entrance music to your own music from the hard drive.

Guest Eagan469

As soon as I get my copy, I'll be sure to take requests for theme music.

I am SO making The Quebecers.

Will an Xbox play, and allow you to put songs onto the hard drive, from CD-Rs or CD-RWs?

CD-RWS will work. With CD-Rs, it depends on the brand. I posted a list of which ones work a while ago in another thread so search if you need it.

As an owner of RAW 1, RAW 2 was a pleasant surprise. My only gripe is that even on easy the AI is hard. Nothing beats creating your own feud and storylines. The CAW is also incredibly easy to use and has custom soundtracks. You can't beat that with a stick.

To every people who said "It's the same game as Raw 1!" ..what do you expect? Smackdown? Wrestlemania? No Mercy? *cough*

Of course it's going to be the same game as Raw..just with a hell of a lot of additions. Even Smackdown didn't get like it was from the first game to the second.

To every people who said "It's the same game as Raw 1!" ..what do you expect? Smackdown? Wrestlemania? No Mercy? *cough*

Of course it's going to be the same game as Raw..just with a hell of a lot of additions. Even Smackdown didn't get like it was from the first game to the second.

The point is simple.

Why in the hell would they make it the same game, seeing how so many people thought the first one was pure SHIT?

Well, Wrestlemania XIX is nothing like X8.

Maybe they thought the would, I don't know, FIX the problems with the first game.

Guest Lethargic

For those who have the game, can somebody please tell me how to win the ladder match??? I've been trying to figure it out for an hour now. I climb up the ladder, I can see the belt up there but I can't get the wrestler to go all the way up, he just stops and if I push a button he tries to jump off with an attack. You'd think the instructions would tell you how to do this stuff but I guess they don't know either.

Guest John Dub
For those who have the game, can somebody please tell me how to win the ladder match??? I've been trying to figure it out for an hour now. I climb up the ladder, I can see the belt up there but I can't get the wrestler to go all the way up, he just stops and if I push a button he tries to jump off with an attack. You'd think the instructions would tell you how to do this stuff but I guess they don't know either.

Black button jumps off the small ladder towards the belt or if you're on the enormous ladder it makes you reach for it. Once you're hanging on it you have to rotate the joystick and press all 4 face buttons until you grab it.

My entrance is so sweet in this. Perfectly times pyro to "Can't stop" by the Chili Peppers.

I was just told that there are no unlockable wrestlers at all. The only unlockables are...

128 Headless player models that are useless since you can edit the in game guys.

64 full screen titantrons

caw points earned through kotr, winning belts, watching matches, fighting in exibition.

credits

...so that brings me to this question.

Just what in the hell is the reason to play the career over and over again?

Guest Eagan469
One thing bothers me. They've got Liger's whole costume..but for what I can tell, not the mask or horns. Why?

lawsuits my boy, lawsuits

Guest Lethargic

Am I the only one who thinks the CAW sucks? The entrance part, that's great, being able to use my own music is fantastic. Could be better (I'd like to be able to time when my wrestler walks out to cue up with the music I use) but it's pretty damn cool as is. But the actual create the wrestler part is almost on par with the old Akklaim one from PS1. With most CAWs up until now I'm usually able to make a character look pretty much like myself. With this I can't do it at all. There's just nowhere near enough choices. You got like 50 face choices and they all exactly the same. Hair choices are very limited as well. And clothes is the worst. It's next to impossible to put together even something as simple as shirt and pants and not have it look stupid and gay. There's like 3 pages of SUITS. What wrestler wears a suit to the ring? I wish there was a way to put your own writing on the shirts and stuff. I mean, really, why would you create a wrestler and then have him wear some other wrestler's t-shirt? What pissed me off the most is how they put in a bunch of names to have the announcer say but they didn't put my name in there. Jason. Jason, that's a pretty friggin popular name to leave out. It's not like my name is Torres or something. Oh wait....Torres is IN THE GAME. So I can make Bon Jovi's friggin drummer and his name is in the game, but not Jason. They could have at least put Sun in there so I could've used Jay Sun, but no. Not even that. Give a dog a bone, THQ. Maybe I can unlock "Jason" or something. haha

There's like 3 pages of SUITS.  What wrestler wears a suit to the ring?

They expect you to create Vince and Bischoff, I guess.

This game makes me want to buy a PS2.

Edited by Y2Jerk

Well, I assumed it had the regular 20 count that's done in wrestling games. But then Austin ran back in at 9, and I had 1 second to figure out how to get back in.