TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Korrosive

Vince has really done it now

Guest Korrosive

I'm suprised there wasnt this much discussion about this, but Dave Scherer reports that during a house show match with Rhyno and Tajiri, Vince Mcmahon comes out to stop the match while they are in a headlock spot. Apparently this wasnt part of the evil Mcmahon character, and he just didnt like the match in the ring. WTF?

Guest wwF1587

sadly this is true... rhyno should of gored his ass all the way to hell... once again vince rather see half naked women than wrestling

It had to be a setup for the bikini contest. I heard there was a headlock applied for a good 10-15 minutes and the crowd was on the verge of a riot. We all know that Tajiri and Rhyno are capable of much more.

I think it was just a way to get more heat on the girls.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

Vince, Kevin Dunn, and his staff has conditioned all the casual fans that matches should last only 3-4 minutes with punches and kicks with a chair shot thrown in.

They have pushed Attitiude era style for so long that it has basically killed the basics of pro wrestling.

They could fix this but they won't, if they would allow some better matches on TV and give the matches on TV more of a build-up and meaning then maybe some of today's fans might learn to enjoy a match and get into it. But as long as they treat the over the top soap opera shock storylines as the main points on the show then the matches will always suffer and will be considered boring.

They need to put more focus on the wrestling aspects on TV again, but I doubt that will ever happen.

It had to be a setup for the bikini contest. I heard there was a headlock applied for a good 10-15 minutes and the crowd was on the verge of a riot. We all know that Tajiri and Rhyno are capable of much more.

I think it was just a way to get more heat on the girls.

If that's the case, he could've done it with two lesser wrestlers and got a better effect. Why pull that with guys who can work and are actually over?

During WWE's Smackdown house show in Uniondale, NY on Sunday, Vince McMahon showed off some strange behavior. During a match between Tajiri and Rhyno, Vince came out and had the ref ring the bell early so he could start the bikini contest. Some thought it was part of an angle or just Vince putting over his heel character, but it appears that Vince just got frustrated by a match that he saw as boring and wanted to pull the plug on it. Vince's actions have been a hot topic with the wrestlers since this weekend. Many wrestlers are upset, because WWE management has been telling them to slow down their in-ring style, which is what Tajiri and Rhyno were doing, but then had their match cut short due to Vince thinking it was boring. The wrestlers feel that Vince when out of his way to embarass Rhyno and Tajiri by going out to the ring when all he had to do was tell the ref to wrap the match up.

Credit: 1wrestling.com

I doubt it. With the big media ban and everything, I suspect this is just a work. This kind of information just isn't gonna leak out there anymore. Either that or it's sour grapes by a worker.

Yeah, yeah, apologist blah blah blah, but this is just too easy to call bullshit.

You'd think it was a work, but then again, it is a house show so Vince probably figures no one would know about it.

I think Vince is aware of the internet wrestling community...not that they matter to him.

Sounds very much like a work to me, even if the match was dying a death in front of the crowd, anyone really think Vince would come out to stop it? He'd be coming out every show if that was the way he wanted to run things.

What confuses me is this: Tajiri and Rhyno are two over-ish workers who are both on a bit of an 'up' if anything recently. Why didn't Vince get them to put on a quick but exciting 5-minute match, then during a series of crowd-pleasing big spots building up to a climax, Vince comes out and says the match is boring him, and for them to get the hell out of his ring, voila...plenty of heel heat for Vince, he normally loves that right? Plus the crowd are left gagging for a Tajiri-Rhyno rematch. Instead, the crowd are left with the impression that they never want to see another match involving either worker, 'cause they're boring. Oh the genius of it all.

Guest Trivia247

10 or 15 minute anything that involve restholds is bad.

what the hell happen during the match? Usually when something goes wrong they end the match swiftly.

What did they lose track of time discussing Life while in the headlock?

Guest Anglesault

If this isn't a work, and Rhyno/Tajiri/Both thought a 10 minute headlock was a good idea, Vince saved the show.

Guest Greg Valentine

"7) Tajiri DRAW Rhyno

I don't know what happened here but there was a chinlock that

lasted at least five minutes. The crowd was PISSED. Then McMahon strolls

out and rings the bell. He orders both of them out of the ring because of

the reaction from the crowd. At which point he announces...

Diva Bikini Contest

Nidia wasn't all that great, but she was funny as hell. Dawn Marie was hot

as usual. Torrie was her usual self and Sable was... old. Torrie would

have won if it went by fan approval, but Vince declared Sable the winner. A

little brawl breaks out afterwards."

From the Wrestling Observer website. Sounds kinda like a work to me, but that's still a really lame angle. I don't understand why they couldn't spare 10 minutes for a Rhyno - Tajiri match AND had the Bikini contest. Not that I wouldn't enjoy Torrie and all, but I'd be kinda ticked considering Rhyno is one of my favorites.

I doubt it was for real. Why would Tajiri and Rhyno keep on a 5 minute headlock? They are both better than that and I doubt they are that stupid.

Maybe they are just being lazy. Rhyno isn't that good to begin with. Remember his snorefest with Benoit on Smackdown a few weeks back?

Guest Choken One

Rhyno can be carried to something good...Witness Rock make Rhyno look like a fucking god in that ring...

but yeah...You bitching is unneccesary and really outrageous.

Guest Retro Rob
"7) Tajiri DRAW Rhyno

I don't know what happened here but there was a chinlock that

lasted at least five minutes. The crowd was PISSED. Then McMahon strolls

out and rings the bell. He orders both of them out of the ring because of

the reaction from the crowd. At which point he announces...

Diva Bikini Contest

Nidia wasn't all that great, but she was funny as hell. Dawn Marie was hot

as usual. Torrie was her usual self and Sable was... old. Torrie would

have won if it went by fan approval, but Vince declared Sable the winner. A

little brawl breaks out afterwards."

From the Wrestling Observer website. Sounds kinda like a work to me, but that's still a really lame angle. I don't understand why they couldn't spare 10 minutes for a Rhyno - Tajiri match AND had the Bikini contest. Not that I wouldn't enjoy Torrie and all, but I'd be kinda ticked considering Rhyno is one of my favorites.

Does anyone give credit where credit is due anymore?

Yeah.... That was from my report. ;)

Guest Choken One

Have you seen TBS/Kane KOTR 1999?

There's your 5 minute chokehold..

I believe Yoko had bret in a Nerve Hold for a good 5 minutes in the MAIN EVENT of WRESTLE MANIA!

Guest Deviant

Either way this sucks. I don't see Rhyno and Tajiri somehow forgetting to work a crowd or change things when they are "on the verge of riot", so that's right, Rhyno and Tajiri got scripted to set up a bikini contest.

I don't care if it's a house show, either we won't be seeing Rhyno and Tajiri on SD for a while or that is some of the worst booking of the year.

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax
Vince, Kevin Dunn, and his staff has conditioned all the casual fans that matches should last only 3-4 minutes with punches and kicks with a chair shot thrown in.

They have pushed Attitiude era style for so long that it has basically killed the basics of pro wrestling.

They could fix this but they won't, if they would allow some better matches on TV and give the matches on TV more of a build-up and meaning then maybe some of today's fans might learn to enjoy a match and get into it. But as long as they treat the over the top soap opera shock storylines as the main points on the show then the matches will always suffer and will be considered boring.

They need to put more focus on the wrestling aspects on TV again, but I doubt that will ever happen.

This is the most generic smark sentiment I may have ever read.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

"This is the most generic smark sentiment I may have ever read."

It may be generic but it's the truth.

It's a work, Vince is trying to hard to get heel heat just like Triple Fey.

But how does him stopping a deliberately 'boring' match to start a bikini contest get heel heat? It doesn't. I agree with Deviant, it is just some horrendously bad booking.