TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaertos

Lockdown Comments

Well, this show was a clusterfuck, and not the good kind. I would like to point out that I have a job that requires me to get up at 6AM Eastern every weekday. That means, on show nights, I have been averaging 3 hours sleep. It will be about that this time.

No more. Unless you guys, and I mean all of you guys, show me that you give a flying fuck, I'm done posting late at night. If I don't have everything at a reasonable hour, the show goes up at my leisure on Thursday. This is bullshit.

Tonight, I stayed up late waiting for a match that never came, a match that had three people that were supposed to write it. A match that has gone down in the books as a triple no-show. So much for the tournament generating interest and enthusiasm.

I can;t tell you how unbelieveable pissed I am about this. Add in that, as far as I know, two other matches were actually contested, and you can see why. The number of no-shows was frankly staggering. It makes me wonder why I do all of the work I do for this place if nobody but CC gives a crap.

Yes, I know this is horribly unfair, and that a lot of you do care about your characters and the fed. But the ones that don;t are dragging you down with them.

God knows I no-showed on occassion. It happens, but I always made sure my opponent was submitting a match. If not, or if I couldn;t find out, then I threw something together. Were they great matches? Hell no. Did a match get posted? Hell yes. I gave a shit.

What will this pissing and moaning on my part accomplish? Probably nothing but make everyone mad, make someone mad enough to quit and everyone will say "I'm turning over a new leaf. No more no-showing for me." I've seen it before, it'll happen again. No-showing is a constant problem in this fed and it always has been. There have been tons of ways to try and curb it and none of them have worked. It isn;t fair to myself, to King, to Edwin, to Raynor or to anyone who participates in this fed that no-shows drag down both the quality of the shows and the morale of the fed overall.

And if you think I am pissed, you are getting off easy. This could be King. Were he writing this, I can assure you his vitriol filled missive would make most people think, "Why am I doing this?" Well congratulations. That's what we think everytime a situation like tonight occurs.

The no-showing needs to stop, and it needs to stop now. We have tried threats, we have tried asking nicely... hell, we even changed the schedule so you would have more time to write matches! What else can we do but get pissed off when it happens and think to ourselves that we have failed somehow in making this place work correctly.

I guess I am done. You will get your card when I have a chance to write it up tomorrow. It might be early or, if I have work to do at work, it might be in the afternoon when I get home.

Doesn't matter either way right? Its not like anyone will write for it anyways...

...I've never seen Grand Slam get mad, or even slightly flustered, so reading this was a bit of a shock. I really don't know what to say, as I had basically nothing to do with this show... but still, no-shows happen.

DESPITE that. THREE people no-show a match that's leading them to the World title? What the fuck?? Seriously, someone could have written SOMETHING.

I have no reliable internet connection. I can sign on here for no more than half an hour about once a day... maybe even two days. Everything I write (which has basically just been a promo, going up as soon as I post this) is transferred here from a computer that I can actually use for consistant periods of time via floppy disk. I'm not even having matches right now. And yet I've been more active on the boards then about one fourth of the entire fed. Doesn't this strike anyone as sad?

...Well, whatever... on the brighter side, whether or not people still consider Craven a joke, he's almost on the top, because he's DEVOTED, even somewhat, to the fed... and I say congrats to him. His match was very good, especially the ending, and the only real flaw was him making me seem a little more heelish than I would have liked him to... but hey, not his fault -- how could I have known?

Aside from that, this Thugg/TBS thing is pretty interesting, and congrats and good luck to Ejiro. Tom and Judge and Dace and Va'aiga too, who actually bothered to write. For such a revolutionarily dissapointing show, what was actually written looks very good.

Anyhow, gotta put teh promo up... be enthusiastic about the fed and comment! :)

A note: It's illegal for a company to prevent its employees from buying stock in that company.

That's on top of other things that are making this angle teeter.

Eph, you're right Grand Slam, but I did try, 3000 words still sits on my computer after I fell to sleep for my exam.

Either way though, I lub Craven, even more so in a short skirt.

Guest Space_Cowboy

With every match Craven wins, my repeated losses to him on PPV don't seem as bad.

Michael Craven for Genesis main event~!

Guest Goodear

Although I was sort of hoping that we could see a Justice and Rule handicapped match against anyone,,, I still have to admit that I'm sort of jazzed to just face off against my record breaking partner. And unlike the last time (PINGPONG RULZ), this time we'll have an actual reason to get to the fighting since there be gold in them thar hills.

Thanks to Craven for working the angle in, I really appreciate it. Yes, I no showed, but I made sure the other guys were writing first, and I did inform Grand Slam around due time. I simply don't have the time to write at the moment, but I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Teeter? Please, tell me what other things in the angle make it "teeter"? I knew about the legal implications of what I wrote, but I made a command decision that it just didn't matter because it's wrestling, and they do things that aren't' realistic all the time. Also, I don't think I said HOW it happened...and with King being the super smart heel, he could find a loop hole. The point is...I put that in there knowing it was illegal, but deciding that since it's fake anyway, it didn't really matter.

What else is wrong with this angle?

Da "???" H

Hugg and King has me gripped.

Thank you Card for carring my crappy writing this time around.

Flesher vs JD was great. That false finish with the foot on the ropes was excellent.

The fish hooking spot was just plain nasty.

Main Event was good. Makes everything very interesting.

Might be back with more comments later.

Guest Goodear

Hey good to see the fishhook pop up in an official winning match. Bring the goodness Tammo, bring the goodness.

I just think that there doesn't need to be any of these strange owner/stock shenangians. There's a wealth of opportunity to look at the old dynamic between Thugg/King, or IGNWO/Carnival, and bring that into a new light.

I also think that realism has a perfectly justifiable place in our fed, since we all are not brainless idiots like the McMahons.

Did anyone notice my promo in between all the no showing?

It would certainly appear that no one noticed mine... :(

You mean the one that was supposed to set up you and Duran? I did.

See young Thoth...perhaps you should wait. I assure you, the stock thing was necessary...first of all, to bring Thugg back, for there would be very little reason for King to "allow" him back, and second of all...well, that'll come in due time and then you will understand why it was necessary.

Also, no one but a very few of us know about the old times, so using that stuff all the basis of a feud isn't a great idea....also, the stock thing is a means to an end in that it allows us to bring back some old heat because it gives Thugg a reason to return.

And I'll go ahead and concede that the whole illegal stock hording by King is somewhat unrealistic....and that wasn't something we planned...it just got written. It goes to show you that I know very little about that stuff, so I just figured "meh" it's wrestling....it's fine.

Apparently one person had a problem with it.

Da "blah, blah, blah" H

I saw your promo Wildchild. However it looks like you'll be duking it out with someone different. Just as a note. I always PM the booker with a match I want even if i did a promo for it, just as a side note for th future.

P.S. I loved the bit where Wildchild snapped back against Ejiro. That was a different promo though. So there... I noticed all three of them.

By the way, Thugg, thanks for editing that dialoge. I hope It came out how you wanted.