TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Jobs

QUADRUPLE CHEM? Shit, regular standard chem scares the shit out of me. That's why I got lucky that this class will count as my science credit.

Damn straight regular chem scares me too.

WJM, does that have anything to do with the field you plan on taking up...because if not...why...why would someone do that to another person?

Right now -- an unemployed piece of crap.

Next week -- a piece of crap with an interview.

Oh, and being in the collections business now, I'm sure you'll be talking to my future sister-in-law who's a white-trash piece of garbage.

That is, if you can find her. People that don't pay their bills are sneaky like that...

QUADRUPLE CHEM?  Shit, regular standard chem scares the shit out of me.  That's why I got lucky that this class will count as my science credit.

Damn straight regular chem scares me too.

WJM, does that have anything to do with the field you plan on taking up...because if not...why...why would someone do that to another person?

When i say quadruple chem, i mean we have normal Chem four (actually five) lessons in a row. I'm not planning on a science career, but i picked it because i'm good at it. My other subjects are French, Maths (pure+stat) and Economics.

I'm a Shift Manager at DeFelice Bros. Pizza in St. Clairsville, Ohio.

I am a first class pizza slinger.

I worked in a bakery for years as a kid thru my teen years, since we've got 'em in the family. Guess you could say I'm a first class pizza slinger too.

Now I'm a first class...wrestling...sales...guy. Yeah.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I work third shift in a warehouse shipping and tax stamping cigarettes. Astronomical amounts of money flows through that department every night, and I barely see a dime. A small, unorganized crime syndicate could completely rob that place blind and never get caught. There's at least a million dollars worth of cigarettes back there at any given time. Figuring that one case of 30 cartons retails at around 35-40 bucks per carton... Then there's pallet after pallet of them just sitting there protected by an unlocked chain link fence, inept security guards, and a few cameras.

The tax stamps run about five grand per roll of 30k. Still, I make shit for wages, however, I go home every morning with the satisfaction that I'm speeding along the death of several thousand people throughout the midwest that shop at Kroger.

I'm also an aspiring musician, but that doesn't pay any bills or anything.

Guest Fook

During the summer, I worked on a manufacturing line for medicine. It sucked but the money was good.

As for now, since it's September, I'm once again a proprietor of the educational experience...or a student if you want to be a dick about it.

Guest stardust

Well, I'm technically employed by Old Navy (which means I'm technically employed by GAP, Inc. if you wanna get really technical) but seeing as how the store I transferred to currently has no hours to give any of its transfers, I haven't worked in three weeks, and won't be working next week, either. And yes, I'm bitching about this. I miss my job. I'm getting behind on the new merchandise, dammit!

I work at Wal-Mart, in a position technically referred to as "Store Standards", though "fucking lackey" would be more accurate.

I mainly push carts, do carry-outs, clean spills & the washrooms.

I also do any number of other things, depending on what needs to be done, and how lazy the person who's SUPPOSED to do it is.

"Store Standards"?

When I did that stuff at some of the places I worked, I gleefully called it Village Idiot Work.

Not that it isn't important -- if you don't have a good village idiot doing all the basic cleaning, it makes the cashier's job a lot harder to do...

Environmental Services

I work in one of the State Buildings here in Albany. I sweep, mop, strip, wax and buff the floors Monday-Friday in the early/late evenings. I've been doing this for about a year and I'm changing jobs soon.

One of the companies the state also goes through is GL Security which I'm in the process of taking a test for now. The security guards get paid better then I do and most of the time they sit around all night. Other parts of their job is to answer the doors, tell people to check in/out, walk around the building every two hours to make sure doors are locked and the lights are turned off in the offices. It's so easy it makes me sick to watch those lazy bastards get paid better then I do. So, if ya can't beat them, join them.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be hanging up my buffer and putting on my monkey suit.