TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Ben and JLo call it quits

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Ripper, the JHo label maybe (and I'm just taking a stab here) that she's been married like 3 times and had 2 broken engagements. She obviously has some problems in telling how far to take a relationship. She's also a horrid actress and a marginally talented singer. I guarantee people wouldn't be this happy if say... Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon split

Ripper, the JHo label maybe (and I'm just taking a stab here) that she's been married like 3 times and had 2 broken engagements. She obviously has some problems in telling how far to take a relationship. She's also a horrid actress and a marginally talented singer. I guarantee people wouldn't be this happy if say... Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon split

In her defense, Chris Judd is gay. I don't think she could possibly make that work.

Puffy cheated on her, ever report says her first husband was just a asshole. She has bad judgement in men.

And the only reason people like the Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon thing is because the press only shows them coming into awards show. If Ben and Jennifer walked the dog, a camera was there. If they sneezed and the other didn't say bless you, the headline "RELATIONSHIP ON THE ROCKS?" was front page news.

Ask yourself, if not for the constant media coverage of their relationship, do you think anyone would be getting anywhere near the cynical joy of finding out that their relationship is over. Hollywood relationships break up all the time, but Jennifer is called a ho when hers break-up.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

No, I think the ridiculous amount of money I make could assuage nearly any harassment from the paparazzi. Not to mention that you're kinda overstating it. Who cares what supermarket tabloids say?

JLo simply has an impulse control problem when it comes to men. It is not the rest of the world's fault. It's her fault. Especially since Ben kicked HER big ass to the curb, not the other way 'round.

Guest Urine Sane

When you become a famous "star" you basically sign away your life for riches.

Must suck to be a celeb, they are followed and reported on until they die, and sometimes for years after.

That's why I'm gonna be a Director!!!

Guest Salacious Crumb

Maybe the hate comes from the pre-nub she was trying to get him to sign that says if he cheated she got half of his money.

Like Zsaz pointed out, the J.Lo/Ben Affleck hate and the happiness over their breaking up comes from a combination of the media's obessession of celebrities, the media's constant reporting of the couple, the fact that many view Jennifer Lopez as a horrible actress and singer, and J.Lo's 2 failed marriages.

Although, you gotta admit, the media's constant coverage of J.Lo and Ben was a little sickening. The media made it seem like we NEEDED to know what the two were doing in order to survive. Like we needed food, water, shelter, and Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck news in order to live. And it wasn't just the Supermarket tabloids that made a big deal of them. When the engagement was annouced several New York newspapers made it front page news. Several people have written in angry letters blasting The Daily News for having front page J.Lo/Ben Affleck stories in the opinions section of the newspaper. The most letters came when "Gigli" bombed and the September 11th New York Daily News with Ben and J.Lo on the front cover (that paper also had Osama Bin Laden on the front cover).

Edited by Michael Joel Benoit

biggest problem was the media covering them in the first place. Ben is a mediocre actor that can turn in a good performance every now & then, and J-Lo hasn't really done anything good since Money Train/U-Turn.....(The Cell was ok I guess).

LOL@J-Lo wanting Ben to sign a prenup, not to avoid Ben taking her stuff in a divorce, but for her to take half his shit if he cheats on her. Funny but wasn't J-Lo fucking Ben for the final few months of her marriage to that latino guy?

Only thing worse than Ben/Jen has been Demi/Ashton. First it is a desperate attempt for Demi to put attention back on her, and that creates undeserving coverage to Ashton who should stick with Punk'd because besides that show, everything he does is shit.

Only thing worse than Ben/Jen has been Demi/Ashton.  First it is a desperate attempt for Demi to put attention back on her, and that creates undeserving coverage to Ashton who should stick with Punk'd because besides that show, everything he does is shit.

Eh, I like him on That 70's show, its just his movies that suck.

J-Lo hasn't really done anything good since Money Train/U-Turn

Didn't she show her tits in that movie (in a very quick shot, if I remember right)? If so, then yes, that would be her best movie.

Now we will have Jen on Barbara saying how she tried to keep the relationship intact but Ben's lust for strip clubs was too much to bear...Ben will do shitty action movies and crawl on his knees for Matty to REMAKE his ass into a star in GWH2...

I doubt we will see Affleck and Damon do Good Will Hunting 2 to revive their respective careers. Most likely we'll see Affleck do several more ultra-patriotic adaptations of Tom Clancy novels to salvage his career....

J-Lo hasn't really done anything good since Money Train/U-Turn.....(The Cell was ok I guess).

What about "Out of Sight"?

To call anything about Money Train good is a insult to all good movies.

And her perfomance in Angel Eyes was good. It was just quite possibly one of the most pointless stupid ass movies I have ever seen...but she did a good job.

And...well...Wedding Planner was good. There...I said it. I'm man enough to watch a chick flick and enjoy it. And Out of Sight as mentioned above. AAAAAAAANNNDDDD I think we're done.

But she did give us all the "I'm Glad" video and should be cut some slack for that if nothing else.

Like Zsaz pointed out, the J.Lo/Ben Affleck hate and the happiness over their breaking up comes from a combination of the media's obessession of celebrities, the media's constant reporting of the couple, the fact that many view Jennifer Lopez as a horrible actress and singer, and J.Lo's 2 failed marriages.

So you're saying that the backlash is because people are stupid and submissive enough to let the media control not only what they know and think about a situation, but also the way they feel about it?

Fascinating.

And probably more accurate than you intended.

Now we will have Jen on Barbara saying how she tried to keep the relationship intact but Ben's lust for strip clubs was too much to bear...Ben will do shitty action movies and crawl on his knees for Matty to REMAKE his ass into a star in GWH2...

I doubt we will see Affleck and Damon do Good Will Hunting 2 to revive their respective careers. Most likely we'll see Affleck do several more ultra-patriotic adaptations of Tom Clancy novels to salvage his career....

Isn't there a big controversy about how much of the script they ACTUALLY wrote for the movie? I dunno. but personally I prefer the duo of Vince Vaughn/Jon Favereu to Ben/Matt