TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermortal

The One and Only Raw Thread (9.22.03)

I'd laugh if they put the belt back on HHH tonight.

But nonetheless, finally, a new champion (despite the fact that he sucks), which may mean a new direction.

Bah.

This is the WWE.

Optimism = BAD.

I'm working tonight and I don't feel like taking the trouble to set up a video to tape the show. The show is going to suck anyways, unless Rob Van Dam somehow upsets Goldberg :D

Positive things about Goldberg:

i) His surname is not McMahon.

ii) He is likely to be booked in squash matches i.e. short ones

iii) He won't be doing long, rambling, promos that take up way more time than needed. He'll just point at someone, shout "You're next!" and snarl a bit, then sod off.

iv) He is over. This is a good reason to put the belt on him, no?

I'd laugh if Goldberg dropped the title to Orton tonight.

"I'm a legend killer"

"No you're not"

"Yes I am!"

"You never beat me, boy"

"We fight in main event tonight"

"I want your ass, boy"

Orton wins and then brags how he beat Goldberg and Triple H couldn't.

I can't think of one positive thing about Goldberg.

He's not HHH. He doesn't have a stranglehold on the nutsack of the booking team. It's a fresh direction on the extremely stale World Title picture on Raw.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Goldberg fan, but at this point I'll take him over HHH.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

remember when Big Show was champion and he would be like in the third match of the night against Viscera? That's what Goldberg's reign will be like.

And for the record, we'll still get 20 minute Evolution promos/segments. They are the stars of Raw after all. :throwup:

They aren't going to be giving Orton any promos longer than a couple of minutes if they have any sense (debatable, I know) and if anyone on Raw is going to be delivering a long promo, Flair is just fine and dandy by me.

Guest The Old Me
Has it been reported as "fact" Triple H is taking time off after dropping the title or is it just speculation?

I believe it's just speculation.

I'm thinking HHH is there tonight.

Guest Eagan469
Goldberg vs. RVD would make sense.

In what way?

Goldy will come out to talk about nothing, Bisch will come out and bitch, RVD got screwed out of the IC title so he'll come out and ask Bisch/Austin for a rematch, Xtian/Jericho will decline, Bischoff makes it RVD/Goldberg for the title

Textbook stuff.

EDIT: oh yeah, and Evolution will most likely run out and cause a double DQ :P

Edited by Eagan469

Orton/Flair/Bastista/HHH Should come out and have HHH start cutting a promo on Goldberg. Then WHAM Orton/Flair/Bastista could destroy HHH, cut a sick promo on him about not getting the job done on Goldberg. Sets up HHH's time off (he is out because of Evolution, not Goldberg) and face turn.

Guest The Old Me

I want to see Orton start playing the *Rocky in NOD* role and start undermining HHH before that would happen.

I really don't want any of that. Triple H as a face is even worst.

I don't want it either, just trying to make the best of an inevitable situation. HHH wants to turn face.

I want to see Orton start playing the *Rocky in NOD* role and start undermining HHH before that would happen.

Yeah but if HHH is really taking time off for Honeymoon/healing from numerous injuries there's no time for that.

Here's how it's gonna happen.

HHH comes out and talks about how Goldberg beat him, fair & square. He gives Goldberg his props, and even says he's earned his respect. Evolution comes out, and Orton tells Hunter that the group is dissappointed in their leader, and he thinks it's time for a change. HHH & Orton argue a little bit, and then they come to blows. Then, Batista returns and attacks HHH, leading to Flair, Orton, & Batista giving a beatdown to HHH, attacking his injured groin. Goldberg makes the save and runs off Evolution. Goldberg vs. Orton is signed for the main event while HHH is taken away in an ambulance, which sets up his time off & face turn.

Guest Coffey
I'm excited for Raw this evening. Mainly because we get to see the fall out of what happened last night.What will Jericho do towards Steve Austin?Will La Résistance & Rob Conway get revenge on the Dudley Boyz for what they did to Conway?How will the new World Champion Goldberg be perceived by the crowd and used by the WWE?Will the team of Molly Holly & Gail Kim break up due to their loss at the PPV?What will Triple H do now that he doesn't have the title?They seem like little things, but at least there is something going into Raw. Besides, today is my last day off so I'm going to try to enjoy Raw knowing that I have to go directly to bed afterwards so that I can get up early for work in the morning.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR
Positive things about Goldberg:

i) His surname is not McMahon.

ii) He is likely to be booked in squash matches i.e. short ones

iii) He won't be doing long, rambling, promos that take up way more time than needed. He'll just point at someone, shout "You're next!" and snarl a bit, then sod off.

iv) He is over. This is a good reason to put the belt on him, no?

If he is really over then why the anti-climatic feeling last night after he won the belt or those Goldberg Sucks!!! chants during the match? As long as Goldberg drops the title to Kane instead of HHH, then it will be fine for me, but as of now any little chance they had to get Goldberg over was lost back @ Summerslam.

Think there will be any controversy if Kane does any burning angles with Goldberg? Considering Goldberg's Jewish and all...

• What will Jericho do towards Steve Austin?
  • Will La Résistance & Rob Conway get revenge on the Dudley Boyz for what they did to Conway?
  • How will the new World Champion Goldberg be perceived by the crowd and used by the WWE?
  • Will the team of Molly Holly & Gail Kim break up due to their loss at the PPV?
  • What will Triple H do now that he doesn't have the title?

I don't care about anything involving the Dudleys or the Frenchies.

Nor do I care about women's wrestling.

I really don't think they'd try to just turn Trips face right out of the blue like that. It wouldn't make any sense, and it certainly wouldn't get HHH over considering all the heel heat he has right now. I think what they'll probably do is just job him in his automatic rematch for the title tonight, and then let him take off for his honeymoon.