Guest Askewniverse

Currently (WWE only)

Triple H

Randy Orton

Big Show

The Undertaker

Sean O'Haire

Guest T0rrent

In the rare chances I get to watch, I get excited when you hear Goldburg's music hit. (ducks and runs) For me, any good theme song is a guilty pleasure since it sets the mood, no matter how good or bad the wrestler is. I'd also have to include HBK, Nash, and when he was the commish, Regal. His feud with Jericho was gold in my book.

Guest TheGame2705

Eddy Guerrero

Most of the smark hated are some of my favs. This guy I would consider a guilty pleasure for me personally because I don't really like him but some of his stuff just makes me mark.

Guest Ray

How exactly is the best wrestler in WWE a guilty pleasure? :huh:

A "Guilty pleasure" is something you like which is obviously bad.

Why do I see Val Venis named? He isn't a bad wrestler.

My guilty pleasures?

The APA (from 99-01)

Goldberg

That US title match with Raven wasn't too bad...

Shane McMahon-I know. I know. He's not a wrestler. Takes the spotlight from the wrestlers who deserve it. Is Vince's son. BUT! I just can't help but mark out for his crazy bumps and the Shane O' Mac-Shuffle and his theme song "Here Comes The Money".

Stephanie McMahon-I still find her hot.

Vince McMahon-I laugh at his goofy facial expressions

Undertaker

Hulk Hogan-Hulkamaniac till I die

Randy Orton

Guest TheGame2705

Well I was thinking in terms of what goes against the grain but if it's people that you know are bad but you still like I'd say:

Hogan

Lita

Tori

Jacqueline

Jazz

Clothesline from Hell

Virgil

Kevin Nash

1) Stephanie McMahon- She's pretty hot... What? Don't judge me!

2) J.R.'s "offense" and the Coach's ensuing squeals of "Not the face!"

3) I always have and always will like the Undertaker.

4) Shane McMahon's music is great.

5) Terri and Ivory. MILFs! MILFs! MILFs!

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

1) Stephanie. She is quite simply the hottest chick in the WWE, something that I cannot explain and I know doesn't make any sense. But it's just the truth.

2) Kane. His new character owns all and I think he's done a great job recently, even with the sub-par booking that follows him. He's also pretty charismatic for having worn a mask for so many years.

3) Orton. I've liked him ever since the RNN News skits, hell, probably ever since his match against Taker for the WWE Title (when Orton was a face).

4) Vince. Can't help it, the guy just kicks ass, even if you hate everything about him. He's like the crazy uncle your mom and dad told you to ignore.

5) A-Train. It always seems like he's working to the best of his abilities, and it occasionally pays off pretty well. When it doesn't, I still oddly enjoy watching his matches.

6) Brock. I really don't know how much smark sentiment there is against the guy anymore, but I've always thought Brock was the shit. My favorite thing about him is his selling; dude sells like a man half his size for just about everyone he faces.

1. Kevin Nash -

I've been a huge Kevin Nash mark since I started watching wrestling again back in late '96, I even marked out for Glen Jacobs as the fake Diesel since I thought the gimmick was so cool.

2. The Undertaker -

Lots of people who still mark out for Undertaker, so I don't think there is any explaining to do.

3. Lex Luger -

When I was originally watching wrestling ('91-'93) this guy was my hero. I remember jumping up and shouting the first time I saw him slam Yokozuna on the USS Intrepid and was incredibly sad when he never won the belt. The biggest wrestling related mark out of my life also was due to Lex Luger when he won the WCW Championship from Hulk Hogan in '97 only to lose it six days later.

4. Giant Gonzalez -

His complete lack of talent entertained me greatly.

5. Vince Russo -

I mark out huge for Vinnie Ru. I aspire to someday have Goldberg beat me up and drive me into the middle of the desert and when we get there Bret Hart will come from behind and smack him in the back of the head with a shovel. Desert shovel beatings = Ratings.

6. Gail Kim -

I don't think she is anywhere near as bad as a lot of people make her out to be and am legitimately entertained by her matches. Plus, I mark for the music.

7. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart -

Neidhart appears to be legitimately insane, and I mark for the beard stroking.

8. Tank Abbott -

Not a wrestler anymore, but I marked huge for him though he must be one of the worst wrestlers to ever step in the ring.

9. Vince and Shane McMahon -

Already explained by others. Who doesn't mark out when Vince does something like accuse Linda of having a demon infested womb, or talk about how he prostituted out his own daughter to get people to sign contracts.

---

Moves I mark out for, for no apparent reason:

1. Boot Choke

2. Swining Neckbreaker

3. Shoulderbreaker

4. Triangle Choke

5. Figure Four

6. Back rake

7. Fistdrop

Vince and Stephanie. Sometimes they annoy the shit out of me, but sometimes Vince is fucking hilarious, and Stephanie's pretty damn hot.

8. Tank Abbott -

Not a wrestler anymore, but I marked huge for him though he must be one of the worst wrestlers to ever step in the ring.

He was great in his "bodyguard for 3-Count" role. Tank groovin' to the tunes is truly a sight to behold.

After seeing her last night, I'd have to add Lita to my list. I dug her way back when she was Miss Congeniality in ECW, but then went through a stretch where she didn't fire me up. She fires me up again, so add her to my list of guilty pleasures.

I don't know why many of the smarks hate the A-Train matches. He busts out a new move in almost every match he's in. His matches with Benoit are great. I don't know why everyone hates the A-Train. It's got to be a back hair thing doesn't it??

Guest NCJ

Big Show

Stephanie, Sable, and Terri are still hot to me.

HHH: When he is on as a heel and not being to overbering he is still entertaining.

Test: totally missused. If he wasn't burried after the angle with Stephanie he would probably be one of the most over faces in the WWE.

Even though I have known what goes on behind the scenes of wrestling for years some people, moves, and things make me become a mark. It isn't because of work rate or anything, but some people just make me forget everything else and enjoy what I'm seeing.

People:

The Undertaker: I'm not even talking about the way he works, there is just something about UT that just makes me mark out. Big Show and Nash might be bigger, but no one seems as unstopable to me as the Undertaker until recently.

The Rock: know when most of his jokes are coming, but I don't care I still laugh my ass off. Will never forget the stuttering "It dosen't matter" he pulled on the Dudley Boyz when they first showed up in the WWF.

Brock Lesnar: I know it is scripted. I know it isn't real. But, Brock Lesnar is the most imposing presenece I have seen since The Undertaker's debut. When he wasn't made to look like a bitch he looked truly unstopable. Its not just me. Alot of people who don't watch wrestling as often as I do think Brock is Russian or German because "American people just ain't built like that" lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Taz: Notice no second z. That's because when he was in ECW you could have told me Taz just bitched slap Mike Tyson, spit in Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn's face, and chocked out Royce Gracie, Evander Holyfield, and King Kong in a one night UFC tournament and I would have believed everything except him chocking out Kong. He would have T-boned him through the damn Octagon. The five foot nine Taz was probably the most believable bad ass in wrestling through the 90's :boxing: .

Hulk Hogan: The king now and forever. Couldn't wrestle his way out of a phone booth, but I almost always love watching him work a crowd. WM VI vs. Warrior one of my all time favorites.

Moves:

Undertaker's Last Ride/Tombstone

Crossface

Tazmission

Top rope powerbomb/Superplex

Rhyno and Goldberg's Gore/Spear

3/D

Sharpshooter

Van Terminator/Daminator

Stunner/Diamond Cutter

People's Elbow/Rock Bottom

Intros/things

Austin When the Glass Breaks

Shane's Here comes the money

Jericho's Countdown

Ladder Spots

Table spots

4. Giant Gonzalez -

His complete lack of talent entertained me greatly.

OK, now that is a REAL guilty pleasure. I can't see anyone topping that.

Guest Ray
I don't know why many of the smarks hate the A-Train matches.

Because the internet is full of sheep who can't think for themselves. ;) [/offensive post]

A-Train is probably the most underrated wrestler in WWE.

I don't see how A-Train is underrated at all.

I've never really enjoyed any A-Train match except for one with Benoit a few months ago.

Goldust is a major guilty pleasure of mine- give that man a push

Guest Ray
I don't see how A-Train is underrated at all.

I've never really enjoyed any A-Train match except for one with Benoit a few months ago.

He's underrated because he gets MASSIVE amounts of HATE from the internet, which he doesn't deserve. He's not "worthless" as so many claim.

His offense is credible and well executed. He can bump hard and sell. He's quite mobile for his size and jobs willingly. How many times has he jobbed clean to Benoit? Hell, I think he jobbed to FUNAKI once with a roll up!

Honestly, A-Train's work is more believable than Lance Storm's.

But he's a hoss so he should be fired! "gAy-Train sux!!1"

Same old blind hoss hate. A-Train isn't Kevin Nash or Nathan Jones. People should stop acting like he is.

He's underrated because he gets MASSIVE amounts of HATE from the internet, which he doesn't deserve. He's not "worthless" as so many claim.

He IS worthless- None of his pushes have ever succeeded, he's not that good in the ring and offers me no entertainment value on SD!

His offense is credible and well executed. He can bump hard and sell. He's quite mobile for his size and jobs willingly.

He's not in any position to turn down jobs to anyone. His offence sucks- it always drags down any match he's in.

How many times has he jobbed clean to Benoit?

Five times.

Hell, I think he jobbed to FUNAKI once with a roll up!

So?

Honestly, A-Train's work is more believable than Lance Storm's.

Good to know A-Train's work is more believeable then another crappy worker. I've seen lots of Lance and lots of A-Train and while neither is good- I prefer Lance.

But he's a hoss so he should be fired!

No- he sucks and has no upside potential- there's a reason to fire him.

Same old blind hoss hate.

But it's not- I'm a big Brock Lesnar fan and I think he qualifies as a 'hoss'. I don't like A-Train because he sucks and does nothing to entertain me.

Guest RollingSambos

I am a fan of a couple of hosses...namely Bradshaw and Test. I think that Test is very athletic and has a great moveset for a hoss. I don't think that he will ever be a ring general, but he can have entertaining matches with the right opponent (i.e. by Edge, Shane, Guerrero, etc.)...of course, the right opponent is NOT A-Train or Scott Steiner. As far as Bradshaw goes, I just like his Texan attitude and his hard-hitting style.

I kinda like Rene Dupree.

I am a huge fan of The Undertaker, which I guess is considered a "guilty pleasure" on this board, although I don't consider legends to be guilty pleasures. I think that despite all of the criticism, Taker of 2001-2003 is the best that he's ever been in the ring.

Guest Ray
He IS worthless- None of his pushes have ever succeeded, he's not that good in the ring and offers me no entertainment value on SD!

Bullllshit. His pushes failed because of the way WWE booked him, not because of anything he did.

He's not in any position to turn down jobs to anyone.

So? The fact remains, he jobs all the time.

His offence sucks- it always drags down any match he's in.

No, it does not suck. It's completely credible and well executed. I guess he needs to do 100 pointless suplexes like Angle or a dozen nip-ups in every match to be good.

Good to know A-Train's work is more believeable then another crappy worker. I've seen lots of Lance and lots of A-Train and while neither is good- I prefer Lance.

Yet Lance is seen as a "great technical wrestler?" I don't care if you "prefer" Lance. A-Train wrestles a much more believable style.

No- he sucks and has no upside potential- there's a reason to fire him.

He can have good matches. He can get heat. He can put over other wrestlers.

There is no reason to fire him.

But it's not- I'm a big Brock Lesnar fan and I think he qualifies as a 'hoss'. I don't like A-Train because he sucks and does nothing to entertain me.

I wouldn't call Lesnar a "hoss."

No one has given a good reason why A-Train sucks. "He doesn't entertain me" is not a valid reason.

Bullllshit. His pushes failed because of the way WWE booked him, not because of anything he did.

A-Train is given the I-C title and has successful defences against the likes of Edge (the KOTR) and Rhyno. He does not get over.

A-Train gets to injure Rey Mysterio and then hurt Edge before one of the biggest matches of his career. He gets to team with the WWE champ against Angle and Edge and has a PPV match v. Edge.

He does not get over.

The fact remains, he jobs all the time.

The Rock jobs all the time and he's a 7 time WWE champ who could probably say no if he wanted to. A-Train is in NO position to refuse to job so him jobbing all the time is a moot point.

No, it does not suck. It's completely credible and well executed. I guess he needs to do 100 pointless suplexes like Angle or a dozen nip-ups in every match to be good.

Yes- A-Train's offence does suck. It is boring. It gives the viewer no reason to get into a match. It is slow.

Yet Lance is seen as a "great technical wrestler?"

People got off Lance's cock a long time ago. I don't think anyone considers him great technical wrestler.

I don't care if you "prefer" Lance. A-Train wrestles a much more believable style.

I prefer Lance because he puts on the better matches.

He can have good matches.

I've yet to seen one except for a decent match against Benoit.

He can get heat.

Just cheap heat that dies off during the match.

He can put over other wrestlers.

So can most of the roster.

There is no reason to fire him.

I don't know if I would fire him but he shouldn't be getting any semblance of a push.

No one has given a good reason why A-Train sucks. "He doesn't entertain me" is not a valid reason.

He is a poor worker who does not put on good matches and has had all his pushes fail. He sucks

Guest Coffey

I have to agree with Ray here. A-Train has never done anything but bust his ass in my eyes. He continues to improve and pay his dues. He's a nice guy and always does what is ask of him. He uses his size to his advantage in the ring, but doesn't try to exploit it to gain ground in the company.

A-Train most definitely has decent matches. If you can't see that, it's because you're blinded by the hate you have for the man. He has a good tempo, never botches anything that I've seen, a decent believeable moveset and an established finisher. He doesn't try to do anything that he shouldn't (I.E. top rope moves, planchas, etc.) I'd say that A-Train is more than capable. He should NOT be fired. That's just an ignorant, blind statement by an ignorant sheep.

The only thing holding him back, in my eyes, is that he lacks the "superstar look." That's different depending on who you ask however.