TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Kenan of "All That" joining SNL as featured player

Guest Salacious Crumb

Tracy Morgan has to be one of the most unused cast members in SNL history.

He did jack squat his first little while but once he got tons of airtime- I never saw the big deal.

He could be funny but Brian Fellows was awful.

Even though Russel-n-Tate owned

Well yep, he does suck.  He was never funny to me.  But then again neither was the other guy.  I just hope they still have room for Tracy Morgan, he is funny.

Tracy Morgan left

...and you can see Tracy Morgan everytime you see an add for an ESPN Sports video game.

Question: Does Joe American even know who Jeremy Roenick is?

The only thing I'm really going to miss about Tracy Morgan is "Astronaut Jones." I've always known the skits are amazingly stupid, but I can't help but laugh at them.

What's up with the Jimmy Fallon hate? He's just another dumb jock humour kind of guy, sort of like Adam Sandler back when he did the show.

I also never knew Tina was originally the co-head writer of the show. Unfortunately she had to actually get in front of the camera too.

I admittedly don't watch it regularly though, and haven't caught a full episode in a long time. I miss the days of Will Ferrell. Anybody check out the DVD he has out, Best of SNL?

<What's up with the Jimmy Fallon hate? He's just another dumb jock humour kind of guy, sort of like Adam Sandler back when he did the show.>

Jimmy Fallon is nothing more than a corporate and non-threatening rip-off of Adam Sandler. He's only funny when he plays straight man and that he gets WAY too much air-time....

<I also never knew Tina was originally the co-head writer of the show. Unfortunately she had to actually get in front of the camera too.>

IIRC Tina only became an on-camera talent when Colin Quinn quit the show and they desperately needed a new WU team. And she sticks to WU mainly, which plays to her strengths and makes her appearances mean something...

<I admittedly don't watch it regularly though, and haven't caught a full episode in a long time. I miss the days of Will Ferrell. Anybody check out the DVD he has out, Best of SNL?>

The Will Ferrell DVD was shit. Out of all of his skits they picked a rather sad selection for the dvd....

Kenan was never funny, in any role. At least Kel could provide a good chuckle now and then. SNL already has an unfunny fat guy, so why the hell would they want two? I just know they'll pair Kenan and Sanz up as very crappy recurring characters. Maybe they could be inept detectives called "The Lardy Boys".

Darrell Hammond, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are the only reason I watch SNL anymore. Also, I think Tina is hot... and I don't know why, but it's probably because I have a thing for women who wear glasses. B-)

Ferrell OWNED. I almost quit watching SNL after Will Ferrell left. He made more cast members laugh in the middle of a show than anyone on SNL ever before. Even though his new film "Elf" is probably gonna suck. I also just learned that he is going be in the Curious George movie as THE MAN IN THE YELLOW HAT~! I loved those books as a kid, and I was marking out after hearing that info.

I'm dissapointed that Darrell Hammond is coming back and Dean Edwards is not-

But I've always found Kenan to be pretty funny and I think's it cool he springboarded to SNL.

What did Dean Edwards do other than the MTV Sway character?

Watching an SNL documentary on E!, Edwards had a dead-on impression of Michael Jackson lined up for a skit a couple years ago. Unfortunately, it was TOO good. Lorne Michaels took out the skit during the dress rehersal because Edwards looked so much like white-guy Jacko, nobody would know who he actually was. That's a big rule on SNL: Audience members and TV viewers need to know who the actor is playing the role at all times. Apparently, Edwards' costume was too convincing.

And looking at the cast lineup for this year, it's kinda sad. I don't even recognize half the names on there. And the ones I do recognize, a lot of them I'm lukewarm on at best. Yeah, I like Tina Fey and I'll admit to finding her attractive (tho, without the TV makeup, she looked kinda frightening in the cast meetings on the E! documentary... yikes).

But as for Jimmy Fallon... I found him funny until I started realizing that he can't get through a show without breaking character and laughing in the middle of a scene. That's just bad form.

Watching an SNL documentary on E!, Edwards had a dead-on impression of Michael Jackson lined up for a skit a couple years ago. Unfortunately, it was TOO good. Lorne Michaels took out the skit during the dress rehersal because Edwards looked so much like white-guy Jacko, nobody would know who he actually was. That's a big rule on SNL: Audience members and TV viewers need to know who the actor is playing the role at all times. Apparently, Edwards' costume was too convincing.

Yea- Dean's Jacko impression was awesome. Thankfully Lorne let him do it for the warmups so I got to see the greatness a bunch of times. Dean's routine on Michael Jackson being constipated is better then anything he did on SNL.

And looking at the cast lineup for this year, it's kinda sad. I don't even recognize half the names on there. And the ones I do recognize, a lot of them I'm lukewarm on at best. Yeah, I like Tina Fey and I'll admit to finding her attractive (tho, without the TV makeup, she looked kinda frightening in the cast meetings on the E! documentary... yikes).

The cast may not be recogniseable but they have some great talent. I'm really high on the newer people like Seth, Amy and Fred Armisen. Forte and Richards are good if used correctly.

And Tina looks FINE without makeup on.

But as for Jimmy Fallon... I found him funny until I started realizing that he can't get through a show without breaking character and laughing in the middle of a scene. That's just bad form.

Jimmy has improved crackup wise since the Jeff Gordon debacle. Hopefully he continues to crack up in dress rehearsal and become professional when the cameras roll

Jimmy has improved crackup wise since the Jeff Gordon debacle. Hopefully he continues to crack up in dress rehearsal and become professional when the cameras roll

Jeff Gordon debacle? I missed that episode and the E reruns don't show you everything...what happened?

hmmm was that included in the E reruns? if so, i need to pay more attention...but yeah that sounds like typical Jimmy...though I find it funny sometimes when they fuck up their lines or they laugh, even though he in particular does it too much...the best was when Ana Gasteyer messed up her line in that skit she did with Molly Shannon as the radio show hosts. They had Alec Baldwin on selling his "Schwetty Weiners" and she said she really likes his "peiner" instead of "weiner"...

they should had that fat girl from all that rather than keenan.

I liked Lori Beth Denberg.

Yeah, she did rule (espec. Vital Information - it just wasn't the same after Danny Tamberrelli (Young Pete) took over). Much more than anybody else on that show.