TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wrestlingbs

Creations that killed off the series

Guest wrestlingbs

This popped into my head on the ST:E thread. Star Trek was a sci-fi juggernaut in the mid 90's until TNG went off the air. Then Voyager and Enterprise slowly killed the series off. It got me to thinking about some other spin offs, sequels, or seasons that managed to sink the whole series. Can you name some?

Guest Smark-Raving Mad

Maybe that chick Highlander series? I'm actually surprised the series was able to survive Highlander 2.

i don't think Predator 2 killed the series. I liked it, of course it wasn't as good as the first one but it wasn't abysmal or anything awful like..umm...The Howling sequels?

Maybe that chick Highlander series? I'm actually surprised the series was able to survive Highlander 2.

Highlander 2 killed the Christopher Lambert version of the franchise... They had to basically hire a new actor to play a brand new main character in order to salvage and revive the franchise after the Highlander 2 debacle...

As for Highlander: Raven, it was bad but not that bad. ESPECIALLY given the fact that Amanda was not the first pick by TPTB to be the main character in the spin-off (which was one of the reasons why the last season of Highlander had so many episodes featuring brand new femlae characters, as TPTB were hoping to produce a spin-off character for the show....

Too bad Jaws 2 didn't kill off its series.

Reguarding Jaws, the third one killed it off especially given how the original treatment of the film (which was going to be a parody piece writen by National Lampoon) was rejected by the studio in favor of a straight out horror film....

Here's what I didn't understand about the Highlander spinoff - why the hell would you make it about HER?!?

C'mon. I would have watched a series about Methos every week.

It is actually quite scary how much Star Wars Episodes 1+2 have hurt the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars was a franchise that was almost untouchable in its money making ability and now its all but a shadow of its former self. Sure Episode 3 will gross like a motherfucker, but the original trilogy and Episode 1 for a while, grossed like Jesus Christ himself.

Star Trek may end up having a hiatus again like the space between the original series and TNG. If Enterprise doesn't pick up steam you may see a 5 year absence or so of any new Trek series.

Here's what I didn't understand about the Highlander spinoff - why the hell would you make it about HER?!?

C'mon. I would have watched a series about Methos every week.

I would prefered a show based on the Watchers.

Superman 3 and 4 were CRAP compared to the first 2, except for that scene in part 3 when Evil Clark fights Good Clark, that was awesome, but the rest....CRAP!

And i don't even wanna start about part 4.

Edited by eiker_ir

I will never understand the Star Wars new trilogy hate...sure the acting sucks...with the exception of Ewan McGregor...yeah the story is spotty at best, but it's still Star Wars...the fact that it really explores the world of the Jedi, while the original trilogy only showed you tiny bits is good enough for me to like this trilogy...and Predator 2 owns. the original only showed us a taste of what the Predator can do, the second one showed us a whole lot more. remember, he didn't have that bad ass disc in the first one...Alien 3 and 4 weren't so bad with the exception of the half human, half alien creature...THAT was bad...

I will never understand the Star Wars new trilogy hate...sure the acting sucks...with the exception of Ewan McGregor...yeah the story is spotty at best, but it's still Star Wars...the fact that it really explores the world of the Jedi, while the original trilogy only showed you tiny bits is good enough for me to like this trilogy...

You have a point. The Ewoks cartoon spelled the beginning of the end of the Star Wars Franchise...

Gizmo Duck killing off Ducktales. They tried so damn hard to jam the little pissant motherfucker down our throats. When we didn't like it they brought him over to Darkwing Duck killing that too.

To be fair, I did really dig the Darkwing episode where Gizmo and a few others joined forces with Darkwing to take down the villanious combination of Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Quackerjack and Liquidator.

Christ, I need that series on DVD.

That story arc wasn't too bad except for the inclusion of Gizmo Duck, but nothing beats the Duck Tales "Gold" storyline. Yur right though, why the fuck hasn't Disney tried to cash in on these old series? With 80's nostalgia being so damn high now they would sell pretty strong.

Gizmo Duck killing off Ducktales. They tried so damn hard to jam the little pissant motherfucker down our throats. When we didn't like it they brought him over to Darkwing Duck killing that too.

No way, Bubba was the unnecessary character that hurt that show. Bubba sucked ass.

Darkwing Duck and Ducktales both ruled. Negaduck kicked so much ass. Ah, memories.

And the "Gold" storyarc was superb. The last ep where the temple started collapsing in on itself...great stuff.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Bubba Clubba!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DUCKWORTH AND MRS BEAKLY LOVE !!!!!????????

*Marks out*

Bubba Clubba!!!!

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DUCKWORTH AND MRS BEAKLY LOVE !!!!!????????

*Marks out*

Remember the ep where Duckworth and the boys get kidnapped by those vegetable aliens, and they end up as slave labourers, until Duckworth proves that he isn't a coward and like leads a slave rebellion?

YEah, Duckworth rules.