TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I am enjoying this game

but here comes the big funky part of the Cubs' order

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

and here comes the big funky part of the Marlins order in the bottom of the ninth

What a crazy game, for those who watched if I get the hitter wrong I apologize, but what was Mordecai doing swinging on the first pitch with the bases loaded and two outs in the 9th? Borowski probably just had a 10 pitch AB and had just walked the last batter, and Mordecai, just hacks away.

A bit late joining the discussion of last night's game, but I must say that that was one that the Cubbies absolutely needed to win. Not necessarily for the 2-1 series edge (though it's pretty big), but mainly because they can't afford to waste one of Prior's or Woody's starts. Zambrano/Clement are good pitchers, but you never know what you'll get from them and I'd sure hate to have to run one or both of them out there with my season on the line.

That said, I think if the Cubs can steal one more in Miami, then they should have it wrapped up. That would force the Marlins to beat both Woody and Prior in Wrigley, and I just don't see that happening. Maybe one of them, but not both.

What a nerve-wracking ordeal that was last night, though. I swear if I was a smoker, I would have burned through a whole carton. As it was, I bore a whole through my carpet from all the pacing and swearing I was doing.

Possibly he thought Borowski would wanna throw a strike his first pitch, and that might be the best to hit during the at bat.

I can understand that rationale, since a lot of relivers only give one good pitch, but if he wasn't throwing strikes, I'd at least force him to throw more than one.

Oh well, if he singles it to center instead of popping it up, its not an issue at all.

I didn't really have time to weigh in on this last night, heard the end of the game on the radio..rocked out hard when I heard that Lofton scored.

If they win tonight with Clement, I think it's pretty much over, since the Marlins would then have to take on Prior and Wood at Wrigley in two straight games like Bosstone said. But if the Marlins do lose today, but then beat those two, they deserve to be in the World Series.

ESPN Classic is showing the Pedro/Clemens game from 2000. Why the FUCK would you schedule that game at the same time as this Clemens/Pedro matchup? Isn't your target audience watching the other game?

Pedro and Roger will both dominate opposing lineups until the 7th inning when Pedro has to come out after throwing 130 pitches.

Clemens will remain in the game art around 85 pitches by the same time.

Boston blowpen chokes the game away while Clemens completes the game in his last ever start at fenway Park.