TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Nope. Besides 1994, the only other cancellation of the series was in 1904, when the NL champion New York Giants refused to play the AL champion Boston Pilgrims. This was back when the AL was still considered an inferior league by the more-established NL.

Guest Choken One

Problem is...It will HAVE to go 7 games...but could you imagine if it's a sweep or an apathetic 5 game series...

Guest Choken One

Because we need to squeeze every once of fear and desperation out of these two teams...

It's appros that they go seven anyways...

I'm off for fall break, so everyone try and not shed too many tears without me posting for games 3, 4, 5, and possibly 6. (And there will be 6 games, you know this.)

Go Red Sox and Marlins!!

What does everyone think of having Boone and Leiter do the games? I for one like the idea. Nice to get a current players prespective.

Also will they do this during the World Series?

Leiter was better than Boone.

I barely heard anything out of Boone. Maybe I wasn't watching at the right times, but he should assert himself and throw McCarver out of the press box.

Bullshit if Joe Buck is for the Yankees. He was giddy in saying how much trouble the Yankees where in during the 9th inning. This coming from the same guy, who acted like New York was the Tigers after they lost the first game to the Twins last week.

No media member outside New York, will ever pull for the Yankees. They hate Steinbrenner too much.

Well, if McCarver and Buck weren't Pro-Yankees enough, it's nice to see that they got an impartial voice who, you know, isnn't related to any of the Yankees or anything.

Is that in reference to Bret Boone, brother of Yankees' third baseman Aaron Boone? I know what you're trying to say, but it's still funny, since them being brothers pretty much means that Bret has some relation to the Yanks.

It must've. While we're on the subject, english must've gone over your head. Just because I'm a nice guy, I'll translate that into your language: "iT mustive. while Were subject, glish mustive gon your head."

It must've. While we're on the subject, english must've gone over your head. Just because I'm a nice guy, I'll translate that into your language: "iT mustive. while Were subject, glish mustive gon your head."

Best post of the day I've seen. Kudos, fellow Cub fan.