TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

One & Only MLB playoff discussion thread

Redman has a bunch of Band Wagoners who will forget this in a week...

You know, while there are quite a few bandwagon jumpers down here, there actually are quite a few die-hard Marlins' fans. And this series and postseason will not be forgotten down here, as FSN replays numerous Marlins, Panthers, Lightning, hell, even DEVIL RAY games, whenever something unusual or groundbreaking happens.

So while it's true that people started coming out when the team was successful, rest assured that people that live here appreciate winning teams, and will come out to support one.

So you're saying that Florida fans aren't going to be pissed if Redman sucks tonight? I'll say that Wood has more pressure on him, but I'd Redman is under almost as much. If he doesn't do well tonight, last night's victory will be bittersweet.

I agree that the fans of Chicago are actually, you know, loyal to their team and don't just come out to the park when the Cubs are winning, but there's gonna be some mighty unhappy people out there if the Marlins don't win tonight.

I'd like to see the Cubs in the WS not because they're my favorite team, but just because the sight of them playing in Yankee Stadium, and the Yanks playing at Wrigley offers so much more mystique than the Marlins playing at Yankee Stadium or the Yanks playing at Pro Player. I'm not trying to cut down the Marlins here because they're obviously a good team, but with the Marlins in there against the Yanks, this will be quite the anti-climatic finish to a great postseason.

Guest Choken One

Redman has a bunch of Band Wagoners who will forget this in a week...

You know, while there are quite a few bandwagon jumpers down here, there actually are quite a few die-hard Marlins' fans. And this series and postseason will not be forgotten down here, as FSN replays numerous Marlins, Panthers, Lightning, hell, even DEVIL RAY games, whenever something unusual or groundbreaking happens.

So while it's true that people started coming out when the team was successful, rest assured that people that live here appreciate winning teams, and will come out to support one.

but is it as large as Chicago? No Way...Florida might have 5-10,000 DIE HARD fans...but chicago has them all across the country...

but is it as large as Chicago? No Way...Florida might have 5-10,000 DIE HARD fans...but chicago has them all across the country...

Are the die-hard's around the country? I certainly don't think so. A lot more people jumped on the Chicago bandwagon than the Marlins one.

And reasons that the Marlins didn't draw well:

1- Bad teams. Almost every year, they were screaming 'wait til next year!' and each passing year, they got worse. Once the fans finally saw that this was a team worth their money to support, they came out.

2- Lack of funds. A lot of the people around the Miami area don't exactly have the kind of money to throw around and go to a baseball game every night.

But, like I said, people down here appreciate winning. They started getting into hockey when our ECHL team won a bit, the Lightning are popular now, and the Marlins are the talk of the town.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

You know Wood hasn't had one of those "Walk everyone and give up a grand slam in the first 3 innings" games in a couple months. I wonder if he's due...

You know Wood hasn't had one of those "Walk everyone and give up a grand slam in the first 3 innings" games in a couple months. I wonder if he's due...

That is what I would fear if I were a Cubs fan. I think Wood will start overthrowing, getting into trouble. If he does, Florida better have the bats, or should I say axe ready, to chop Wood (A horrible pun, I know).

I would love to see the Cubbies win, but I wouldn't be upset if the Marlins won -- they would of made a helluva comeback.

The 3 teams I was rooting for this year were the Braves (who proceed to showcase their skills), Cubs & Marlins. 2 of the 3 are still in it. Although I find myself rooting for the Yankees, but I think its because they're playing Boston.

You know, while there are quite a few bandwagon jumpers down here, there actually are quite a few die-hard Marlins' fans.

hi

yeah i actually skipped all my classes today just so i can get all my work done before 8 pm.

Guest Evolution
So you're saying that Florida fans aren't going to be pissed if Redman sucks tonight?

Not as much as the Cubs fans are going to be pissed if Wood blows it, or if another fan gets adventourous and decides to sign his own death warrant.

Florida fans are "laid back," as a note. And they haven't won a World Series in a whole 6 years. I'm sure they're just begging for one.

Guest Choken One

Florida fans, all 10,000 of them don't have 95 years of suffering...

They aren't as dedicated as Chicagoians are...

Guest meanmaisch

The Cubs have had their share of bandwagon jumpers throughout the playoffs, but you have to remember that their fanbase stretches throughout the Midwest. Before baseball began expanding and the introduction of television, The Cubs' games (along with the Cardinals)were broadcasted throughout the Midwest, gaining them many fans. To this day, they are almost more of a regional team, rather than a singular metropolitan team.

Guest Choken One

so...Still a fanbase and I don't see Wrigly field averageing about 13,000 in attendence before the resurgance of the marlins, when the cubs were the usual suck...the park was still full...That shows real fan support...

1-0 Yankees

Giambi solo hr

Ah, I don't think anyone even expects Boston to win at this point anymore. Burkett is just an awful pitcher to put against the Yankees. This is one of those games that now nobody seems to care about except for the Yankee fans. Even most of the Boston fans have given up at this point.

I really hope this goes to game 7.

Pedro vs. Clemens 2 right?

Wow. The subplots there would be huge.

Clemens' career could end blowing it against his former team.

Boston could blow it with their Ace.

Plus...Yanks/Sox game SEVEN.