TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sushi X

The $100, 000 Bounty

Guest Sushi X

I must admit the $100, 000 head on Goldberg is an interesting angle. They could really write this angle well if they want. Of course they have started off with the lower level wrestlers attacking Goldberg and losing. That was expected. Now they can really build the angle. Now Goldberg can think that he is ok and in the clear, thinking that he showed the rest of the locker room that he is untouchable.

The key will be wrestlers that you do not expect to gun for Goldberg to start attacking him and trying to put him "on the shelf" as HHH said. The Mark Henry mini push will be over soon so he will be dispatched very soon.

Here are some interesting plot developments that would be interesting to see. 1. Someone jumps Goldberg on the way to the ring. 2. The Diva's get together and attack Goldberg. Would he fight back? 3. A possible wrestler from Smackdown makes a jump and attempts to collect the cash. (This could help with the weak Heavy weight Title scene.) 4. Highly unlikely but the Rock makes a return for revenge and the $100, 000. 5. Someone gets the A.P.A to attack Goldberg and they split the cash.

What will happen I bet will HHH will beat Goldberg and keep his money. This could be a good angle. If nothing else wrestlers that do not get alot of screen time can get on televison.

Thoughts?

Guest Trivia247

this allows the WWE too throw every heel and tweener at Goldberg without them going into a drawn out angle, leaving the Main eventers to feud with him.

I love this angle, and it's making me that much more interested in RAW.

For one, we just MIGHT get to see a comedic aspect over and over, while still making Goldberg look like a monster. Just imagine some moron just TRYING week after week to take him out, only to get totally destroyed by Goldberg each time. I'd love to see that.

I also love the angle, because for some reason it just feels so WCWish, and I'm a huge sucker for (just about) all things WCW.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

I don't know why Nathan Jones came to mind on this subject just right now!

::Shudders::

Guest MD2020

I think it'll be very, very funny is some mark hits GB with a tire iron from behind, taking out his knee.

It's a great way to set up midcarders ala Stevie Richard and Mark Henry for squashes against Goldberg without seeming like it's just thrown out there like it was in WCW (how many times did he wrestle Jerry Flynn or Meng?)

This could also be used to elevate a low/mid-card heel. Just have him chairshot Goldberg at the right moment, and then he can be all over Raw flashing his cash and drawing heat.

I think it's a pretty good angle with lots of (dare I say it) potential. It made me sit up and pay attention, which is more than Raw has managed in months.

Yet another reason why wrestling sucks now ... if this happened 10-20 years ago, the payoff would be some new superstar debuting in a promotion. This new guy would debut and assault the person who had a bounty on their head (while announcer Vince would be screaming ' Who is this?!? We've never seen this man before!!!')

Now, you just presume that it'll either be Batista coming back, or no one will claim it until hhh comes back. Or, it'll be forgotten in a month. Or something like that.

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I like the potential in this angle - it helps cover Goldbergs weaknesses, possibly build new stars, and leaves a logical angle for HHH on his return.

Guest Dave O'Neill, Journalist
Just imagine some moron just TRYING week after week to take him out, only to get totally destroyed by Goldberg each time. I'd love to see that.

Stevie Richards

For some reason I think the new Austin mark will take out Goldberg. Come on its Heinzweinger (German) vs Goldberg (Jew) it makes perfect tastless angle sense.

Guest Plushy Al Logan

My list of suspects:

Test

Steiner

Mabel (one shot deal)

'Taker (Kane interferes)

Nathan Jones

Batista

Bossman

Rosey

Maven

Nash

Who I'd like to see:

Bossman

The Dames (don't even ask)

John Tenta

Kane

Brock

Jason Voorhees (I want to see a WWE/F 13th crossover, but since it will nver happen, I'll just go back to my PS 2)

Zach Gowen (we all need humor in our lives, maybe he'll do an Owen Hart impersonation)

APA (one shot deal)

Edited by Sharkolgalanchequake

Guest PowerPB13

Call this angle what it really is: A way for Triple H to stay plasted all over Raw even while he's not there. Even when he goes on vacation, he makes sure he's still the main topic of conversation...

-Patrick

Guest Boo_Bradley

Didn't someone in WCW put a Million Dollar Bounty on Macho Man,

or was that a Million $ Fine he was facing if he did such and such????????

Guest Choken One

It's not the most creative angle, as it's been done many times over with various prices but it's better then most stuff wwe writers have come up with, perhaps they are just starting to watch those NWA footages...

It's potential is *THERE* just depends how dedicated the writers are to the storyline...

Guest Choken One

Just a picky little thing ...In the 80's 100,000 was a lot of money but nowadays everyone thinks of $100,000 isn't that much...why not just make it bigger? $500,000?

why not just make it bigger? $500,000?

I doubt the WWE could make that much fake money to offer as a false reward for an angle.

Or maybe it's meant to show the ego of Triple H?

Guest Choken One

How anyone know it wasn't paper 1/2 Mil?

Just keep it in a briefcase and just add a few layers of paper and that will make the amount look larger..