TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD Cover...

Guest Ray

I hate to spoil the jolly mood in here, but WE DON'T HAVE A MATCHLIST YET!

This could end up being a huge disappointment, you know.

I'm sure it will have some great stuff, but you never know with WWE... :unsure:

THAT IS A STEAK BELT, HOGAN! AND MY BELT IS FILET MIGNON!

God, I'd pay for a clip of that.

EDIT: I'm still shocked that Vince treated that belt with a measure of respect instead of having it chucked in a garbage can or something as part of an angle. Then again, since it was technically owned by Flair, I'm guessing he wouldn't go for that as it'd seriously burn some bridges.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

Awesome. I'd LOVE the whole '92 year on tape if it comes to that. My favorite year ever in wrestling: Flair as "The Man", Savage back in the ME, Bret gaining prominence, the awesome that was heel Michaels, Hogan gone for half the year-it was great. As long as they have the build to the Savage match, i'm sold. Hell, i'm already sold.

I think it's safe to guarantee that at least an edit of the Rumble (he was #3, so they might edit out DiBiase's portion to save the few minutes) will be there. I'd also wager that it'll be like disc 1: NWA/WCW disc 2: WWF disc 3: WWE, or something like that. Still, regardless of what this is (& there's no way it'll be all stuff from the last 2 years, period), it will not only kick seven-hundred point zero-six types of ass, it'll blow Hogan out of the water.

Now i can "WHOO!" people in everyday life with PRIDE again.

Here's a thought I had.

Michaels' DVD set had a WrestleCrap segment hidden within with the Buddy Rose Blow-away diet...

Hogan's DVD set had a WrestleCrap segment or two with the Mean Gene & Hulk vs. Steele and Fuji match and buildup...

If they decide for one for this DVD set...what will it be? Flair in the mental ward?

Guest Rob Edwards
I want to see the footage from when Ric Flair was the "real world champion" with the WCW belt on WWF TV. Only on the dvd, don't cover up the belt.

It would be real hard for them to cover it up this time.

Imagine all the fuzzy screen we'd see covering both the belt...AND the WWF logo!!!

I was under the impression they don't have to blur out the pre attitude-era logo.

They don't

Guest drdrainoscott
Maybe the person who said that HHH wouldn't let Flair get a crappy DVD was right?

That was me, and of course he won't let HHH get the shaft, if only for the fact that you know that HHH wants Flair's best matches in DVD quality. Hell, maybe in these weeks that he has off, he'll be at the studios helping pick matches himself.

Already pre-ordered this over at Highspots.com, and if you order it now, it's only $26.95, but if you don't pre-order it now, it's gnna cost more when it comes in

I believe Amazon.com has it cheaper on pre-order.

Here's a thought I had.

Michaels' DVD set had a WrestleCrap segment hidden within with the Buddy Rose Blow-away diet...

Hogan's DVD set had a WrestleCrap segment or two with the Mean Gene & Hulk vs. Steele and Fuji match and buildup...

If they decide for one for this DVD set...what will it be? Flair in the mental ward?

Shit, there's tons they could use.

Flair as a woman, The Vince Russo angle, Heart Attack, hell, toss on the Four Horsemen nWo skit for shits and giggles.

Here's a thought I had.

If they decide for one for this DVD set...what will it be?  Flair in the mental ward?

Flair as a woman, The Vince Russo angle, Heart Attack, hell, toss on the Four Horsemen nWo skit for shits and giggles.

...Flair as a woman?

...do I even want to know?

Here's a thought I had.

If they decide for one for this DVD set...what will it be?  Flair in the mental ward?

...Flair as a woman?

I've tried to block it out as best I could...

Here's a thought I had.

...Flair as a woman?

I've tried to block it out as best I could...

Right.

Back on the subject though...wasn't Shockmaster's debut on Ric's "Flair For The Gold" segment once?

If so...I think we have our moment!

Someone posted this on Lamejournal, so take it for what it's worth...

Flair vs. Buddy Rodgers: Nature Boy vs. Nature Boy.

Flair vs. Steamboat for U.S. Title (Mid-Atlantic).

Flair as an NWA Tag Champ in the 70's.

Flair vs. Rhodes (1981, World Title #1)

Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich (X-Mas '82 cage match)

Flair vs. Race (Starrcade '83)

Flair vs. Steamboat (1984)

Flair vs. Magnum T.A. (TBS, June-July '85)

Flair vs. Nikita Koloff (Omni, Sept. '85, post match beatdown of Dusty Rhodes defining moment of Horsemen and turned Flair heel for 4 years)

Beatdown of either/both Dusty Rhodes and/or Ricky Morton

Flair vs. Rhodes (Flair regains World Title Summer '86)

Flair vs. Barry Windham (1987)

Flair vs. Sting (Clash I. Only the third best match on the card, but began the continuing Sting/Flair feud)

Flair vs. Luger (1988, either GAB or Starrcade)

Flair vs. Steamboat Trilogy '89

Flair vs. Funk (GAB '89)

Flair getting the garbage bag tied around his head by Funk on Clash of Champions (September '89)

Funk's Grill where Funk told kids not to tie garbage bags around the heads of their siblings (hell, it was funny, ok)

Flair vs. Funk (I Quit Match Clash Nov. '89)

Either Wargames '87 and/or '91

Flair/Arn Anderson vs. Doom (Havoc '90)

Nothing, I repeat nothing, involving the Black Scorpion

Flair vs. Bobby Eaton (Clash, June '91, Flair's last televised match in WCW before jump)

vignettes of Bobby Heenan proclaiming Flair as the Real World Champion

If the have a multi series DVD, Rumble '92.

Flair vs. Savage (Mania VIII)

Flair vs. Hennig (Loser Leave Town Match, RAW '93)

Nothing involving Shockmaster debuting on Flair for the Gold.

Flair/Anderson vs. Hollywood Blondes

Flair vs. Vader (Starrcade '93)

Flair vs. Steamboat (1994, both the PPV and TBS match)

Flair vs. Arn Anderson (1995)

Flair/Sting vs. Arn Anderson/Brian Pillman (1995)

Flair pinning Hogan cleanly in the middle of the ring without interference of any type (January, 1996 Nitro)

Arn Anderson pinning Hogan cleanly in the middle of the ring without interference of any type (February, 1996 Nitro)

Flair vs. Savage (Feb. '96 PPV)

Flair vs. Eddy Guerrero (August '96 PPV)

I want to see the footage from when Ric Flair was the "real world champion" with the WCW belt on WWF TV. Only on the dvd, don't cover up the belt.

It would be real hard for them to cover it up this time.

Imagine all the fuzzy screen we'd see covering both the belt...AND the WWF logo!!!

I was under the impression they don't have to blur out the pre attitude-era logo.

They don't have to, but they have in the past. Probably just to get people out of calling them WWF, no matter when.

I believe the lawsuit only said that they can't use the "scratch" WWF logo... and I've always maintainted that Vince was an idiot and didn't need to go through with rebranding the whole company if he had have just added a small "e" after WWF... I mean, they changed the "TitanSports" name to "World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc." long ago, so why not just use that?

*sigh* Confusing McMahons...

Here's a thought I had.

where are those 'WrestleCrap' features on the Hulk and HBK DVDs?

Flair vs. Nikita Koloff (Omni, Sept. '85, post match beatdown of Dusty Rhodes defining moment of Horsemen and turned Flair heel for 4 years)

Flair vs. Sting (Clash I. Only the third best match on the card, but began the continuing Sting/Flair feud)

Flair vs. Funk (GAB '89)

Flair getting the garbage bag tied around his head by Funk on Clash of Champions (September '89)

Funk's Grill where Funk told kids not to tie garbage bags around the heads of their siblings (hell, it was funny, ok)

Flair vs. Bobby Eaton (Clash, June '91, Flair's last televised match in WCW before jump)

Flair pinning Hogan cleanly in the middle of the ring without interference of any type (January, 1996 Nitro)

Arn Anderson pinning Hogan cleanly in the middle of the ring without interference of any type (February, 1996 Nitro)

That was a wishlist, I believe. No way they would put all that non-WWE stuff on.

That was a wishlist, I believe. No way they would put all that non-WWE stuff on.

And like I said in another thread, it would probably take 7 or 8 discs to get all that in one collection.

Jason

Here's a thought I had.

where are those 'WrestleCrap' features on the Hulk and HBK DVDs?

On the Hulk DVD, it's a listed match. Not too hard to find.

The HBK DVD one is a bit harder. I think you have to start the first chapter (with Michaels' AWA days), then hit track back, and you'll find it.

EDIT: For the Mean Gene training...you have to watch through one of the Hogan on Tuesday Night Titans.

Flair vs. Funk (GAB '89)

Actually, there's no way they could put all of those matches onto a 3-DVD set.

Guest BionicRedneck

From Highspots.com:

The most anticipated DVD release ever!

Special THREE DVD SET on "Nature Boy" Ric Flair!

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

BONUS: 6 hidden Easter eggs

From Highspots.com:

The most anticipated DVD release ever!

Special THREE DVD SET on "Nature Boy" Ric Flair!

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

BONUS: 6 hidden Easter eggs

HAH! Take that people who said some good WCW Stuff wouldn't be in it.

...ok, some of it is NWA Stuff, but still.

Guest Rob Edwards

To be fair they have a pretty good record of putting entire matches on there when it comes to the extras

Just don't expect anything much longer than half an hour