TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Steviekick

The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD Cover...

From Highspots.com:

The most anticipated DVD release ever!

Special THREE DVD SET on "Nature Boy" Ric Flair!

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

BONUS: 6 hidden Easter eggs

HAH! Take that people who said some good WCW Stuff wouldn't be in it.

...ok, some of it is NWA Stuff, but still.

Flair's NWA stuff > Flair's WCW stuff (well, from about 97-2001, at least).

They need to show at leat Chi-Town and Clash VI in their entireties. Those are must see Flair matches...and the Royal Rumble...and the Windham Worldwide Classic. All of those should be on there...oh, and the I Quit match with Funk at Clash IX.

Guest Rob Edwards

I'd agree with Clash 6 but with it's length I dont think there's any chance of seeing the whole thing, unless they go all WM12 and chat over it

Chi Town is realistic though

Personally, there are only 4 matches that I feel must be on there:

- WrestleWar 89

- Bash 89

- Rumble 92

- Starrcade 93

Aside from that, it's all classic stuff, so it's all good. But I'll be disappointed if more than one of those four matches aren't on there.

Guest Deviant

With three discs, why wouldn't there be at least one or two really long matches? HBK got the Iron Man match.

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today. This includes some of Ric's most famous matches with: Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, and Sting.

Okay, NOW I've blown my load. Still waiting for a full list and confirmation on what's complete/clipped though, but it's already sold.

Awesome cover too.

Good to see you all so excited BUT...

Your likely to be disappointed!!

They will likey start the DVD with Flair talking about Evilution and hype HHH as the best talent ever.

Guest Ray

More details~!

His name draws universal awe and admiration. He is the 16-time Heavyweight Champion of the world. He has held the World Championship more times than any competitor in the history of sports-entertainment. Fans around the world pay tribute by shouting his trademark “Woooooo!” He’s influenced more Superstars than anyone else. There are legends and all-time greats, but there is only one Ric Flair.

Debut match vs. Pete Sanchez 3/1/76

A day in the life of the Four Horsemen

His match with Triple H from 5.19.03 Raw with a post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV

Plus all the promos & controversies surrounding his greatest matches against Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat, Terry Funk, Sting as well as his 1992 Royal Rumble victory.

Product Details

Running Time: 10+ hours

10 hours? so thats what 20 complete matches? And 3 hours of Flair going Whooooooooooooooooo Mean Gene Whoooooooooooo 4 Horsemen Whoooooooooooooo, then Flair goes of the deep end and elbow drops a beer can, then goes the mental hospital.

Guest JumpinJackFlash

I'm glad they're including his match against HHH, and the post match celebration. That is a testament to his entire career right there.

Guest Boo_Bradley

Flair debueted in 72 or 73 vs Geogre Gadski...

They mean his WWF/MSG debut, which is the earliest match they have the rights to.

That dammed WWE revisonist history strikes again.

edit: curse you, JHawk for ruining my lame joke.

Even WWE has acknowleged Flair wrestling before 1976 with that Confidential piece about the 1975 plane crash... something is up there, either a screw up in the date by WWE, misinformation from 1w (perish the thought), or the 'debut' in question refers to something else.

Edit: "They mean his WWF/MSG debut, which is the earliest match they have the rights to".. ah yes, I recall WWE.com posting a story about Flair's short WWF (WWWF?) run in the 70s awhile back.

Guest Boo_Bradley

I just wanted to clarify for anyone who may think that was his legit debuet...

Guest Choken One

I just can't imagine the ungodly amount of goods we are going to get here...10 hours of Flair? Sweet Lord It's great, even if it's 10 hours of Crazy Outta Control senile Old Man at the aslyum Flair, it's still 10 hours of Flair...

I'm expecting a HUGE emphasis on his 1992 run judging from the cover which I personally believe was his best year, even more then 1989...

I'm just so estatic that we'll have the rumble match here...

I'm just so estatic that we'll have the rumble match here...

They better not do like Hogan's and already have him in the ring, we'd miss Bobby Heenan's greatest moment ever!