TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Yeah, I don't expect Loria to sell off this team, but I don't think he'll be able to re-sign a lot of his free agents, especially since someone's going to offer Pudge a ton of cash this year.

The Phillies will probably win the division next year, but I don't think the Marlins will fall as far as the Angels did this year.

Guest Choken One

Angels really didn't fall off, it was more because they were attacked by a rash of injuries mid season...They still have that same core for next season...

Great job by Joe Torre tonight. Having your worst pitcher out there to decide the game. You had 3 other relievers who are better than Weaver. It's too bad Rivera was wasted for 2 innings in Game 3. The Yankees had a 6-1 lead going into the 9th. No need to waste him in the 9th, when you might need him in for 2 crucial innings in Game 4.

Well because of their owner- I consider the Florida Marlins to be a disgrace to baseball.

I hope the Yankees can win two out of three so I don't have to witness that worthless fuck Loria celebrating.

Yes you do, have you seen some of the shirts he's been wearing at the games!

Periwinkle power!

added payroll so he could sign the players for his ONE profit making championship winning season so he could save his money by dealing them away.

Actually, Loria didn't own the team then. Wayne Huzeinga (sp?) did. Jeff Loria owned the Expos until last year, when he literally moved EVERYTHING from the Expos to the Marlins. The current state of the Expos should tell you everything you need to know about Jeff Loria.

Guest Choken One
added payroll so he could sign the players for his ONE profit making championship winning season so he could save his money by dealing them away.

Actually, Loria didn't own the team then. Wayne Huzeinga (sp?) did. Jeff Loria owned the Expos until last year, when he literally moved EVERYTHING from the Expos to the Marlins. The current state of the Expos should tell you everything you need to know about Jeff Loria.

Oh I'm well aware of this, Loria is an even bigger shithead then Wayne Hueengzia (sp?) ever would be...at least Wayne was straight up telling people he was going for a one year title run...

People forget that Loria assembled an great crop of players in the Mid 90s with the likes of Pedro, Fassero, Urbina, Larry Walker, Alou, Floyd, Vlad, Grudzielanek and yet squatted it away for low cost players without giving the team a chance...

So why would we expect him to be any different when nearly 3/4 of the starting lineup will be facing arrbt and F.A?

Fox 19 Choken?

They were the same geniuses who cut the feed on Packers-Cardinals with 2:00 left in the game to go to an infomercial.

Yep Indeed...

and why the fuck is it called FOX 19 when it's on channel 3...

Because FOX is POO.

Where I'm from, it's called FOX 59 and it's on channel 11.

Current ESPN.com Sportsnation poll. (2:08 PM Thursday)

Who will win the World Series?

Marlins 53.6%

Yankees 46.3%

Votes: 147,595

Guest Anglesault

Fans that have seriously considered hunting Leave it to Weaver down and running his ass over: Certainly me.

Guest Choken One

Why doesn't anyone castrate Torre for putting Weaver in there like they did Little with Pedro or Baker with Wood?

Guest Anglesault
Why doesn't anyone castrate Torre for putting Weaver in there like they did Little with Pedro or Baker with Wood?

Because Torre has shown many times that he is excellant at what he does.

He rarely makes mistakes like that.

Weaver was supposed to be on the post-season roster to pitch in the event the Yanks were getting blown out.

Not to be pitching in extra innings.

Unless the Yanks do get blown out, we won't see Weaver in a pinstripes uniform again.

And if the Marlins do beat the Yanks for the title, I'm blaming the loss square on Jeff Weaver.

Because Torre has shown many times that he is excellant at what he does.

He rarely makes mistakes like that.

He made a mistake with Weaver. He should be criticized for it. Everyone knows Weaver sucks, and it was only a matter of time before he messed up.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I was suprised to see Weaver come out for the 13th. I figured he'd only be in for an inning.

somebody help me with the pitching matchups:

I know tonight is Penny vs. Wells

Redman vs. Mussina and Beckett vs. Pettite maybe?

There is heavy talk from Marlins camp that because Redman was so ineffective, Willis might get the call for Game 6. He pitched well in the Bronx in game one. We'll see what McKeon actually does.

Guest Ghettoman

How was putting Weaver in a bad idea when he threw all of one bad pitch? You can't put Rivera out just expecting your going to get the lead...Say he puts Rivera in, and they don't score for 2-3 innings, he becomes overworked, and if they do get the lead they would of had to of had Weaver save it. It's just more logical to put Weaver in while it's tied and use Rivera if you get a lead.

Rivera was in for three innings in ALCS Game 7 with the score tied. That worked out pretty well for them, didn't it?

Hell, I would have put Zimmer in there over Weaver.

Guest Choken One

that you're watching a pathetic display flukeitis that will only cheapen the value of the title should they win?

Giambi and Soriano out?! YES!

And Choken, the Marlins aren't a fluke. I'll be around to remind you of that next season.