TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The ONE and ONLY World Series Thread

Marlins in 4.

Two reasons...

1.) I hate the Yankees.

2.) The quicker the better, as well...who gives a shit about this years world series its the same ol scenario, that we are a custom too.

Yankees vs (insert team here).

Oh, If you go back to page one, I posted an article from the official Marlins site that listed the rotation and that Dontrelle will be used as the primary left handed power reliever, coming in to get out the Yanks big left handed bats.

I do think the Marlins have an excellent shot at winning the WS. IMO they must take game 1. Everything is in their favor for tonight's game. If they can win tonight, then steal tomorrow's game they'll be in a nice position.

Out of all the FL starters I'm most concern with Penny, he hasn't pitched well outside of his relief apperance in game 6 or 7 (whichever one he was in) of the NLCS.

I think Willis will find success against the Yankees because they haven't faced him before. He does need a few more years to improve but I believe NY will have a hard time with him, unless he gets wild.

I'll say Marlins in 6 or 7 -- Georgie then goes on a firing spree, although I think some will quit before getting the axe. But I doubt anybody will be surprise if NY wins #27.

Ratings?

Who cares!

Since when did we all turn into souless network programming suits that we care so much about ratings?

"Ooh, the ratings won't be as high, that means it's not that good a show..."

:firing:

Screw that thinking.

Well pardon my bitterness as I watched what would have without a doubt been the biggest World Series in years slip away.

Guest BobbyWhioux

Hey, don't get me wrong: I'd have much preferred Red Sox vs Cubs myself.

There's plenty of room for bitterness without resorting to network-suit-speak.

:D

Guest Anglesault
Ratings?

Who cares!

Since when did we all turn into souless network programming suits that we care so much about ratings?

"Ooh, the ratings won't be as high, that means it's not that good a show..."

Screw that thinking.

Well pardon my bitterness as I watched what would have without a doubt been the biggest World Series in years slip away.

I couldn't stand the talk of Cubs-Red Sox.

By definition, one of them would have to win (although if anyone could fuck that up, it's the Cubes and the Sawx)

I can't stomach the idea of either team winning.

Guest Anglesault
Well, I've stomached four Yankees championships in my lifetime. You'd survive.

Believe me, I wouldn't

Nothing, NOTHING would be as hard to accept as "World Champion Boston Red Sox"

And he Cubs losing is just tradition.

Well, I've stomached four Yankees championships in my lifetime. You'd survive.

Four? I've stomached five! Well okay I as born in '78 and the Yankees won the series so not like I have any memory of them winning it. The Bucky Dent homerun happened the day after I was born. I'd take that as being born under a bad sign if I'd been a Red Sox fan.

I must ask, Anglesault, what is so terrible about a different team winning it all? The Yanks have won enough times and even though I want them slightly over the Marlins (I'd rather have the earth implode, though), I don't see why something as interesting and different as the Cubs and Sox in the WS is such a horrible idea.

Guest Anglesault
I must ask, Anglesault, what is so terrible about a different team winning it all?

Why in all HELL would I want another team to win, especially when the Yankees are still in it?

I don't see why something as interesting and different as the Cubs and Sox in the WS is such a horrible idea.

It's a bad idea because someone has to win. :)

You see, I have a big heart. And I am only thinking of the fans in Chicago and Boston. They have a tradition and a legacy, and as sad as losing and choking for a century is, it's a legacy.

When one of them wins, that's all gone. Then they have nothing. Their just another in a sea of decent enough teams with nothing to bag interest for them.

Do you want that to happen to the Bostonians and Chicago-er, ins? You heartless son of a bitch?

Yeah, winning would be soooo terrible for Boston and Chicago just because they've become known as the hardluck teams of MLB. Please. If anything, it'd be a perfect addition to the legacy. Whereas the Yanks winning a WS is really not that big of a deal anymore, Chicago or Boston taking it would be something truly special. Say what you want about those two teams being known for nothing other than being losers, but when I look at those two teams, I see a pair of ball clubs that have a storied past, some of the most loyal fans you'll ever come across, and are infinitively more interesting than a team like the Yankees or the Braves.

Guest Anglesault
Yeah, winning would be soooo terrible for Boston and Chicago .

Yeah, my post was totally serous and all.

That last line proves it.

I do, however personally think that baseball needs at least one team in each league wth huge droughts so interest can be built up each time they come close.

If the won in 89 and the Sox in 86, these (save for the oh so hilarious Yanks/Sawx antics) would have been a relatively dry championship round.

some of the most loyal fans you'll ever come across,

No question.

and are infinitively more interesting than a team like the Yankees

Incorrect. You'll have to search far and wide to find a team with a more interesting legacy or history than the Bombers. No team that has a history that spans Ruth ad Gehrig to Joltin Joe and Yogi to the Mick and Marris to Billy the Kid and The straw that stirs the drink, to Donnie Baseball to what they have now can be classified as "boring" Or whatever you're trying to imply.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

why do the hell do the Yankees have a .180 guy hitting second?

Not to mention a pretty lousy baserunner. Yankees should at least be up 2-1, if not 3-1. Inability to move along runners and poor baserunning has seen to it that we have a tied game, though.

And AS, I'm not challenging the great legacy that comes with the Yanks franchise. I'm more referring to the last decade or so, which has produced winning, but fairly bland or uninteresting teams, IMO.