TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoboBrazil

Here's The Bound For Glory Logo

Guest Boomer Sprinklespax

I wonder why it says "TNA Wrestling" rather than "NWATNA Wrestling" or some such variation. Perhaps they have decided that NWATNA is simply too unwieldy an acronym?

Guest Jimbo

yeah, that's probably it....4 letter fed acronyms are pushing it, 6 is just too much...

Also, I've always wondered, you think they are trying to get away from the 'NWA' association?

Of course NWA was great, but besides being in the same region, there really isn't that many parallels. I figure they are trying to separate themselves a bit....

The logo is great and makes up for the crappy name.

"TNA" is easier to say/write than "NWA-TNA" is. Also, the fans chant "T-N-A," not "N-dub-A-T-N-A." The promotion is the TNA branch of the NWA. Just like most people will refer to NWA Wildside and just "Wildside."

But yeah. Nice logo.

"Also, I've always wondered, you think they are trying to get away from the 'NWA' association?"

Nope. As a matter of fact, when they worked out their agreement with the NWA (to continue use of the NWA name and belts) it was put in that if the Jarrett's continue to pay the dues they can own the name in 10 years.

Being associated with the NWA only helps their credibility because instead of just being a startup, they can use the NWA titles and use the NWA lineage and history as part of their own. I like the logo too.

I expect that the show will be largely a showcase for many different things.

We'll probably see Ultimate X 2 which shows off some X division and also some innovation...

I expect them to blow off AMW vs. Diamond and Swinger which should be a real good tag match (the others were...and they usually have good blowoffs).

Tiger Mask will be there...and they're (according to Borash) working on getting other international stars on the show

The they're Raven's feud which could end there as well...and be a bloody ending at that.

Finally there's Hogan/Jarrett.

I expect them to blow off AMW vs. Diamond and Swinger which should be a real good tag match (the others were...and they usually have good blowoffs).

I know AMW is their best tag team, but eventually...they're going to be like 27 time tag champs if they don't get another good pair of babyface hands.

Dames

They should do whatever they have to in order to get them EVERY week, because they like, rule and stuff.

Although I read on the ROH site that both Briscoes go to school, so maybe that's why they haven't done it.

They were all on the first show in that world title battle royale. I think Brian Lawler was on the 4/30 show too, but I don't remember. I also remember Buff and Rick Steiner coming back for that battle royale that Glen Gilberti won.

Bagwell, Lawler nor Steiner were on the 11-20 show, which is Killings/Jarrett #1. They weren't on the next weeks show either whcih was Killings/Jarrett #2.

2/19 - Jarrett/Styles, they weren't on that show either.

The battle royal that Gilberti won was on the May 7th show.