TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just J

The OaO 2003-2004 NBA Season Thread!

Pretty good game out there by Van Horn tonight, I only saw the first three quarters, but the 29 points combined with him looking like he was really hustling out there made for a good debut, of course with the Knicks team, he'll get plenty of chances to score 20+.

Guest FrigidSoul

They need to give Labron the ball more. No shots in the second quarter and only 1 assist while Big Goofy Eauropean man keeps missing shots (I'll never be able to spell his name, you know who I'm talking about)

Jazz win! Jazz win! Jazz win!

Sorry just had to get it out now, although I still think they'll win 30 games this year. Sloan's that good of a coach.

Duncan is having a hell of a game right now too.

Spurs are playing another sloppy game, if Nestorvich cannot score double digits then they need to start considering shooting more 3s or make more plays for Turkolu and Mercer. Missing easy layups are not helping either.

These are going to be the type of games the Spurs are going to dish out for the next few weeks until they start to gel, the players get in their game shape (missed lay-ups, etc), and when Pop finds out which group plays well together. The fact both point guards are now hurt isn't going to help either.

They appear to have their free throw shooting in control for now. The fact they had their chances at the end show me its only a matter of time before they break out.

As for Nestrovich, he won't get much time if the Spurs keep trailing, especially against a running team like Denver. Pop gets lucky when he has a hardon for a player; I expect that luck to continue here.

Guest FrigidSoul

1 assist away from a double-double and I believe if Boozer had gotten that last pass it would have been a d-d. Either way I can't complain about taking Lebron in the 4th round of my fantasy draft

Guest FrigidSoul

I agree HoganMW. The league doesn't need Jordan to come back because they got King James. I hope I get the Cavs game on TNT tommorow...I never thought I'd see myself say that

Guest Redhawk

The one thing better than tonight's LeBron Show: watching Ricky Davis try 110% to take some of that spotlight off James and put it on himself. It seemed like every time Ricky got the ball he was shooting, or he was trying to take it to the rack and dunk on everyone. I've got Thanksgiving in the "Ricky Davis gets insanely jealous and beats LeBron's ass on the team plane" pool.

And I have to give a shout-out to LeBron's Right Hip, a.k.a. Jim Gray. If he gave 15 sideline reports tonight, 14.75 of them were about LeBron. I doubt Jim even knew who the Cavs were playing. The low point? He's interviewing Chris Webber, and everyone I'm watching the game with is just waiting for Gray to ask Webber about LeBron. And after the obligatory "How's the knee?" question, there it is: "So I know you're excited about seeing LeBron James..."

Impressive debut from LJ.

Tommorrow will be key to see if he can remain consistent with back to back games. I think he'll show flashes of the game he had tonight and other nights he'll look like a guy right out of high school.

Smart move by Silas to play him at the point. PG's are smaller than LeBron and will have a tough time dealing with his size. If and when he develops an NBA post up game, look out.

I've got Thanksgiving in the "Ricky Davis gets insanely jealous and beats LeBron's ass on the team plane" pool.

I'll put 50 down on Lebron kicking Davis's ass.

Guest FrigidSoul
I've got Thanksgiving in the "Ricky Davis gets insanely jealous and beats LeBron's ass on the team plane" pool.

I'll put 50 down on Lebron kicking Davis's ass.

I'll put $50 down on Blind man Gund having a hit put out on Ricky Davis if he even thinks that

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

dude, Ricky Davis always shoots the second the ball touches his hands. He actually shot less than usual last night.

Lebron looked damn good I have to say. It's hard not to like a point guard who scores 12 in the 1st and doesn't take a shot in the 2nd.

Seattle (minus Ray Allen) beat the Clips 109-100 in Tokyo today.

And a GREAT psychological boost for my Pacers getting that win in Motown last night. That, already, could be their biggest win of the regular season.

Guest Just J

I am also happy with my choice of Lebron in the third round. The kid is good. I know he won't consistant all year, but as long as he has two games a week like last noght I'll be happy.

Guest Just J

I am also happy with my choice of Lebron in the third round. The kid is good. I know he won't consistant all year, but as long as he has two games a week like last noght I'll be happy.

Guest Choken One

I found this interesting, Lebron was great last night and surprassed my expectations for his opening night and he seems baring Davis to have a good chemistry with the team.

I like how he had a professional look, wasn't cocky yet not serious and He might be the first big name star to wear his shorts ABOVE his knees. That must have floored NIKE when they realized that Lebron doesn't rock it like AI and MJ do.

Guest FrigidSoul

thing I liked most about Lebron was he didn't care about his stats at the end of the night, he just wanted a win and said he'll have to be more aggresive driving to the hoop and finding his teamates more. I think they're gonna have Marion guard Lebron tonight...should be interesting

Guest NCJ

I used the following in another post, but it sums up my feelings on Lebron quite well.

As far as Lebron goes I think the kid is going to be the one. He has the athletic ability of a Finley or young Malone, and the unselfishness and ability to see the floor like a Magic. What impressed me most however was the way he wants to win. If you saw the interview with him after the game the first thing he said when they asked him how he felt about his first game was that he should have helped his teamates more and been more agressive when the Kings made a run. When they asked did he exceed his personal expectations, he replied I can't really think about that coming off a loss. You can't teach those qualities in a player. I really didn't expect that kind of response from him. If you would have asked Kobe, Mike, A.I., McGrady, or just about any other great player that ever lived after their first game with that many doubters around and you play that well in a loss what kind of response do you think they would have gave??? The kid is special, and I felt like I was watching history last night. If he can remain humble and continue to improve he will go down as one of the best ever.

You really can't teach attitude. Lebron is a leader. He will do what ever it takes to win. Baring injury he is going to be something special.

Spurs are playing another sloppy game, if Nestorvich cannot score double digits then they need to start considering shooting more 3s or make more plays for Turkolu and Mercer.  Missing easy layups are not helping either.

These are going to be the type of games the Spurs are going to dish out for the next few weeks until they start to gel, the players get in their game shape (missed lay-ups, etc), and when Pop finds out which group plays well together. The fact both point guards are now hurt isn't going to help either.

They appear to have their free throw shooting in control for now. The fact they had their chances at the end show me its only a matter of time before they break out.

As for Nestrovich, he won't get much time if the Spurs keep trailing, especially against a running team like Denver. Pop gets lucky when he has a hardon for a player; I expect that luck to continue here.

Now that Parker and Carter are both injuried and Manu playing the point who is going to be starting SG? Will it be Ron Mercer or Turkoglu?

Guest FrigidSoul
Now that Parker and Carter are both injuried and Manu playing the point who is going to be starting SG? Will it be Ron Mercer or Turkoglu?

depends what they want more of. If they want a better defensive presence then they go with Mercer. If they want more offense and want to be able to stretch out the defense more they go with Turk

Guest FrigidSoul
Brand suffered hair line fracture on his right foot and is out for 4-6 weeks.

Sucks to be Miami