TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Just J

The OaO 2003-2004 NBA Season Thread!

Guest Just J

This team(Lakers) is playing great together. There has been no ego problems, yet. To be honest with you I don't see any happening.

I really liked the way my Rockets looked tonight. Granted, the Spurs were missing some starters like Parker, but Houston still manhandled them. Yao has put on about 15 pounds and was playing much better than he did last year. The defense also looked much better. I think this team could most certainly take a 6-8th seed come April.

Boy, that Shane Heal signing really set the world on fire last night, didn't it?

He came off the bench to shoot 1 for 11.

Guest Just J

The Spurs and Kings aren't even going to be a threat in the West this year. They lost to many key players. Houston did look good and I expect them to be a contender for the West.

If anything the Lakers were playing too unselfish during the preseason. Too may passes and nobody wanted to shoot. I'm sure that'll calm down though.

Guest FrigidSoul
The Spurs and Kings aren't even going to be a threat in the West this year. They lost to many key players. Houston did look good and I expect them to be a contender for the West.

If anything the Lakers were playing too unselfish during the preseason. Too may passes and nobody wanted to shoot. I'm sure that'll calm down though.

Are you on crack?

Brad Miller > Keon Clark

Trukoglu and Horry off the bench for San Antonio is going to be huge

Also, Kobe is going to miss quite a few games being in court...you need to stop looking through Purple and Gold colored glasses

Guest Just J

Who needs Kobe? This Laker team could win a championship without him easlily. The Spurs though, won't do what everyone thinks they will. Parker and Duncan can't carry them and that's what has to happen for them to be a contender.

The Spurs though, won't do what everyone thinks they will. Parker and Duncan can't carry them and that's what has to happen for them to be a contender.

David Robinson did it for years by himself. They never got over that hump until Duncan arrived.

So if David could do it by himself, Duncan will to, especially with Parker and Manu to help.

The Spurs have one of the most underrated front offices in the NBA. They always seem to find guys nobody heard of, castoffs from other teams who get their careers back on track with the Spurs.

For the last few years the Spurs have been slow starters (under .500 or just over after 14 games). I expect the same this year due to the new faces but they'll jell.

I can understand all the love LA gets from the media, but I seriously believe they won't win the title. I do think somebody from the West will keep the trophy in the conference.

Guest FrigidSoul
I do think somebody from the West will keep the trophy in the conference.

I'm leaning towards Minn as they actually got Garnett some help...Cassell and Spre will be huge

Let's get out of the 1st round first.

Injuries are already a problem. Troy Hudson will miss the first 2 weeks, Wally Sczerbiak has a nagging foot injury, and the Kandiman (big shock) has had back problems.

I can't wait to see Dallas play teams like Sacramento, and Minnesota. We could see 130 points for each team in regulation.

I won't say anything about the Spurs because I think Mr J could be right on that one, but the Kings? Give me a break.

The Kings lost too many key players? When was this? Did they lose Webber for the whole season? Stojakovic? Bibby? Jackson? Miller? Newsflash: Hedo Turkoglu and Scot Pollard were not key players. The Kings played most of last year without Pollard due to injury and then not cracking the regular rotation and Turkoglu lost his minutes to Jim Jackson because his game was falling off. What'll keep the Kings from being a legit threat this year is what's kept them from being champs the last 3 years...

1) Not rebounding the ball enough

2) Injuries to the REAL key people like Webber and Stojakovic.

My preseason pic to go all the way is still the Lakers, but to say that the Kings aren't threats in the West is absurd.

Guest Just J

The Kings will still make the playoffs, but they don't have the depth that they have had in the past. I say they'll be out first round.

The Kings' depth doesn't really factor in the playoffs, anyway; they go to an eight man rotation, which is not only intact, but improved.

Barring a season-ending injury to either Webber or Stojakovic, there's a zero-percent chance that the Kings get eliminated in the first round.

Um, Parker and Duncan can't carry the Spurs?

Didn't they just carry them to a title LAST SEASON? Why can't they carry them this year, especially when they've improved their bench?

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

MVP: Kevin Garnett

Rookie Of The Year: Carmelo Anthony

Coach Of The Year: Flip Saunders

Most Improved: Jamal Crawford / Yao Ming

Defensive: Again... Ben Wallace

What did I miss ?

Guest FrigidSoul
What did I miss ?

the fact that this isn't a personal awards prediction thread? *g*

Coach Of The Year: Flip Saunders

Saunders will have is hands full. He's got KG, and a bunch of injury prone, headaches like Cassel, Sczeribiak, and Olawakandi.

Catch my preseason picks and forecasts on "The NBA Beat" by me. Link is up top and on TSM main page. Feel free to criticize or praise. BTW, I am the new TSM NBA column guy. Each week, you get my take on news items around the league as well as my top 5, bottom 5 and fantasy talk.

Guest FrigidSoul

maybe you'll be able to change your avatar to Kobe punching Shaq in the season.

I like how Shaq said Gary and Karl went to the Lakers to be his teamate but Gary went to LA because of Phil and Karl went to LA because he wanted to play with Gary now that Stockton retired. What a dolt

...just hope this will not be Polish CLIPPER FAN Rifle vs Johnson.

Raz, you've been here before but for those new to TSM NBA discussion...

The Season will consist of:

1. Polish (taking a million shots at Kobe) vs. Johnson

2. Someone (me) actually siding with Johnson

3. Rip and I debating about Devean George

4. Rip and I telling each other to open our eyes when watching

5. The Lakers taking the title

Guest FrigidSoul
5. The Lakers taking the title

*replaces "Lakers" with "T-Wolves"*

Who wants to bet that Malone elbows Shaq in the head on accident when Shaq goes for a board...at least 5 times

I wouldn't look into the Kobe/Shaq thing too much in regards to this season. However, I definitely see this effecting Kobe coming back after this season and possibly finding a home some place else. (provided he isn't convicted of sexual assault) Kobe and Shaq have had other blowups and Phil and the other vets will make sure it doesn't interfere with the season.

I do see Kobe really testing the free agent market next year. He has already won championships with Shaq and Co. and he knows he can do it with him if he stays. Problem is with these latest comments. Kobe, who is mighty young and will have 3-4 championships, might actually leave to show HE can be the top dog on a team and win championships a la MJ. Kobe will only play in big markets though, so don't be surprised if the Knicks are already thinking about sending Allan Houston and another player or two for Kobe in an off season trade next summer. You read it here first.

Guest FrigidSoul
I've heard Kobe wants to play for Memphis.

That would be correct, and its due to his relationship with Jerry West and also due to the fact he would be the man there. Pau Gasol and Shane Battier would be ok support for him too