TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

Updated Flair DVD specs

Let's hope my bad luck of thred repetition is not continuing.. I swear I only saw the old DVD thread...

His name draws universal awe and admiration. He is the 16-time Heavyweight Champion of the world. He has held the World Championship more times than any competitor in the history of sports-entertainment. Fans around the world pay tribute by shouting his trademark “Woooooo!” He’s influenced more Superstars than anyone else. There are legends and all-time greats, but there is only one Ric Flair.

Wrestling match footage from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today that includes some of Ric's most famous matches!

Disc One: Harley Race and the NWA championship

*Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Harley Race in a steel cage match with Gene Kiniski as the special referee (from Starrcade, Flair wins title, 23:46, 11/24/83) ****1/2

Bonus Feature: $25,000 Bounty - Harley Race puts a price on Flair's head Orton and Slater collect - Bob Orton Jr. & Dick Slater accept the challenge

Bonus Feature: Flair Announces retirement due to injuries from the attack

Bonus Feature: "It's Only Just Begun!" - Flair attacks Orton and Slater with a bat

Bonus Feature: NWA Press Conference to select the site of the Race vs. Flair rematch

Bonus Feature: Starrcade '83 Pre-Match Interviews:

Harley Race

Ric Flair

Race, Bob Orton Jr., and Dick Slater

Ric Flair and Wahoo McDaniel

Bonus Feature: Starrcade '83 Pre-Match Interviews:

Ric Flair

Harley Race

Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, and Jay Youngblood

Dusty Rhodes: Talking the Talk

*NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes (from Starrcade, 22:04, 11/28/85) **1/2

Bonus Feature: Flair and the Andersons Break Dusty's Ankle - recap of the attack in a cage

Bonus Feature: Flair Cuts a Promo - Comments on Dusty's injury

Bonus Feature: "That's Hard Times!" - Dusty's first interview after the injury

Bonus Feature: Controversy Explained - Flair retains the title after a controversial ruling

Bonus Feature: The Man - Flair gets riled up

Bonus Feature: The Legend - Dusty comments on the disappointing decision

Barry Windham: Keeping up with the Champ

*NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Barry Windham (from World Wide Wrestling, 45:00, 1/20/87) *****

Bonus Feature: Attacked by the Horsemen - Windham and Ron Garvin discuss the 4 Horsemen

Bonus Feature: "You Cried the Blues" - Flair tells Windham to "quit talking and do it!"

Bonus Feature: Flair vs. Windham 1/13/87 - the match in Columbis, SC turns into a melee

Bonus Feature: Dusty's Analysis - Post-match commentary on the Flair vs. Windham match

Bonus Feature: Flair Post-Matchy Promo - Flair and the Horsemen celebrate in the locker room

Disc Two: Ricky Steamboat: The Rivalry

*Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Ricky Steamboat in a best two out of three falls match (from Clash of the Champions VI, 55:32, 4/2/89) *****

*Ric Flair vs. NWA World champion Ricky Steamboat (from WrestleWar, Flair wins title, 31:37, 5/7/89) *****

Bonus Feature: Ric Flair & Barry Windham vs. Ricky Steamboat & Eddie Gilbert - Steamboat returns to the NWA (1/21/89)

Bonus Feature: Steamboat's Three-Man Workout - Flair interrupts a training session

Bonus Feature: Flair Calls Out Steamboat - Steamboat and Flair go at it again at Clash of the Champions V (2/15/89)

Bonus Feature: Controversy Recap

Flair's Lawyer

Jim Herd

Ricky Steamboat

Ric Flair

WrestleWar Pre-Match Interview

Terry Funk: Hardcore

*NWA World champion Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk in an "I Quit!" match (from Clash of the Champions IX, 18:33, 11/15/89) *****

Bonus Feature:Press Conference - Flair announces that he will return to wrestling(6/22/89)

Bonus Feature: Bagged - Terry Funk puts a garbage bag over Flair's head (9/12/89)

Bonus Feature: "I'll Shake His Hand!" - Funk says he'll shake hands if Ric Flair beats him (11/4/89)

Bonus Feature:Flair's Rebuttal - Flair answers back (11/4/89)

Bonus Feature: "You're Gonna Say 'I Quit'!" - Flair interview one week before the match

Bonus Feature: New York Knock-out Promos - Flair and Funk before the "I Quit" match

Bonus Feature:Pre-Match Interviews

Terry Funk

Ric Flair

The Plane Crash

History of the Horsemen

A Day in the Life of the Horsemen

Disc Three: The "Nature Boy" Heads North

*30-man Royal Rumble for the vacant WWF World title (62:02, 1/19/92) *****

Bonus Feature: Bobby "The Brian" is Excited - Heenan prepares for a visit by "The Real World Heavyweight Champion" Ric Flair

Bonus Feature: Flair's WWF TV Debut - from Prime Time Wrestling (9/9/91)

Bonus Feature:Funeral Parlor - Paul Bearer interviews Ric Flair and Bobby "the Brian" Heenan

Bonus Feature: Flair attacks Piper - Ric attacks Roddy Piper at ringside

Bonus Feature: The "Real" World Heavyweight Champion - Flair tells everyone what he really thinks about Hulk Hogan and Roddy Piper

Bonus Feature: Rumble Post-Match Interview - Flair receives the WWF Championship belt after winning the Royal Rumble

Sting: Defining an Era

*WCW World champion Ric Flair vs. WCW International champion Sting in a title for title unification match (from Clash of the Champions XXVII, 17:17, 6/23/94) ****

Bonus Feature: Kicked out of the Horsemen - the 4 Horsemen kick Sting out of the group

Bonus Feature: Reeking of Sex Appeal! - Flair cuts another funny promo on Sting

Bonus Feature: Ladies and Gentlemen...Sting! - Pre-match interview with Gene Okerlund

A Special Night in Greenville

Bonus Feature: Flair's World Wide Wrestling Federation Debut - vs. Pete Sanchez at Madison Square Garden (3/1/76)

Bonus Feature: A Workout with Piper - Flair and Roddy Piper do some amateur wrestling (1/24/82)

Bonus Feature: PWI "Wrestler of the Decade" - Flair is named "Wrestler of the Decade" by Pro Wrestling Illustrated Magazine (11/15/89)

Bonus Feature:The Final Nitro - Flair address the fans on the final episode of WCW Nitro (3/26/01)

Bonus Feature:Ric Flair vs. World Heavyweight champion Triple H with the post-show tribute that has never-been-seen before on TV (from RAW, 7:24, 5/19/03) **1/2 Easter

Easter Eggs

Disc 1: Go to Chapters. Right click on the chapter titled: "Barry Windham: Keeping up with the Champ." You will see a promo from Flair from the Summer of 1985 where he talks about Magnum T.A., Nikita Koloff, Buddy Landell and James J. Dillon (3:30)

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Right click on "Home." You will see a promo with David Crockett and Ric Flair following the newly formed Horsemen injuring Dusty Rhodes.

Disc 2: Go to Chapters. Left click on the chapter titled: "Day in Life of the Horsemen." You will see a promo with Flair from June 1987 talking about Jim Garvin, The Freebirds and Larry Bird.

Disc 3: On the main menu page go to play. Left click and once the WWE logo is highlighted, hit enter. You will see a Flair promo from 1987 talking about the Road Warriors, Freebirds, Jim garvin and Precious (2:14)

(I'm not sure who assigned those ratings.. this is from 1w)

Must Fucking Own. The promos alone make this a must buy for me. I remember back when he and Buddy Landel were shit-talking each other over the "Nature Boy" name. Buddy was never anything more than a mid card heel but this gave him limelight.

Why are easter eggs hidden? Why not just include it in the main feature or chapter selection?

Because it's fun to try to find them.

Like on the HBK DVD set, finding both the Buddy Rose Blowaway Diet Promo and the "Lost My Smile" Promo

The Funeral Parlor one, does that end with Vince getting hit with a wooden chair? If so, that's awesome.

I don't mind Easter Eggs that are all "click here, highlight this", I actually enjoy those. It's the "enter chapter selection XXX and..." etc, as I hear the Simpsons Season 3 Easter Eggs are ridiculously complicated like that.

Bonus Feature: Kicked out of the Horsemen - the 4 Horsemen kick Sting out of the group

Is this from 1990 at Clash X or when they attack him in Havoc 95?

Oh my god this is awesome. It is missing only one thing of note, that being the Starrcade 93 match vs. Vader, but everything else is ab fab. A special night in Greenville....the best Nitro segment EVER.

The Funeral Parlor one, does that end with Vince getting hit with a wooden chair? If so, that's awesome.

The Funeral Parlor had Hogan on as a guest and then Flair interrupts ... and while Hogan is distracted, the Undertaker comes out of the standing coffin and nails Hogan with the urn. Then Savage and Piper run down with chairs.

Vince was knocked out during the Flair / Piper confrontation a few weeks earlier, as Flair was making his way to the ring for his first match (which is also on the DVD from what I see).

Why are easter eggs hidden?  Why not just include it in the main feature or chapter selection?

Because it's fun to try to find them.

How fun is it to find them if they're given away before the DVD is even released

I wonder if the WWF stuff still has video distortion on the belt.

It would, since when they distorted the title Flair was holding either a tag team title belt or IC title belt. They showed the NWA/WCW title belt as much as they could until Flair gave it back for some cash.

Jason

Well, IIRC, the FUneral Parlor segment had the real belt, but was later distorted in recaps... I think.

They distorted it in recaps, IIRC, because the storyline was that the belt was going to be distorted from then on out (since they didn't have the big gold belt anymore). So, for continuity sake within the storyline (continuity, where has that word gone...), they distorted everything after Tunney made the announcement (including recaps of when he had the real big gold belt).

Jason

Guest Loss

The absolute best angle from Flair's WWF run was when he made Piper snap. Piper tried to hit him with a chair and accidentally KO'd Vince at the announce table.

Wow. Gotta say that when I get the money, that's something I'm ordering....

Then again, I'm poor, so I'll have to ask for it for Christmas or something.

Edit: There's also my birthday as well next month on the 23rd too... Hm...