TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest drdrainoscott

Ric Flair DVD

Guest Mad the Swine
Two questions though - for the PWI Wrestler of the Decade segment, was that at Starrcade 89 and just cut out of the home video?

And finally, can anyone name the guys that fill up the ring after Flair's win over Race (aside from the obvious Ricky Steamboat and Angelo Mosca?). I think Whipper Billy Watson is there but not sure about the rest.

PWI trophies were presented at Clash of Champions IX, IIRC. Luger ended up wrecking them.

Jay Youngblood is in the ring. Might be Ron Ritchie in there as well. And of course, Flair's wife makes a brief cameo as well.

Minor complaint as I previewed the DVD is that so far, I've only found one full entrance for Flair...

The entrance was half the fanfare of his matches!

Finished the first match (Harley Race) plus all the buildup and post footage

And this is only the beginning...

One funny thing I remember was a shoot interview with Race where he talks about how Kiniski was just in the way and caused more problems in the match than he helped with (e.g. the match ending)

One thing I've noticed with some of the promos from the WWF sections was that there seems to be a brief "flash" that would indicate a clipjob, yet there doesn't seem to be anything actually clipped out. I'm not the only one seeing this, am I?

I don't have it yet so I will have to check tomorrow but it may be possible the "sped up" the space inbetween sentences to save space possibly.

One thing I've noticed with some of the promos from the WWF sections was that there seems to be a brief "flash" that would indicate a clipjob, yet there doesn't seem to be anything actually clipped out. I'm not the only one seeing this, am I?

If I'm correct, they're clipping out anytime someone says WWF (Not World Wrestling Federation, but as in "I'm now WWF Champion"). I guess part of the lawsuit means never calling themselves WWF again.

Oh and this is DMann2000, I got locked out of my old screename so I got to start from square 1.

Guest Dynamite Kido

This DVD totally rocks. I guess I MUST markout everytime there is refurbished NWA footage.

What I'm happy about is the fact that they put Steamboat/Gilbert vs Windham/Flair on as a bonus. I'd only seen clips of it before.

That brings the total uncut matches to 11.

Plus promos, and Flair intros.

Is the the classiest product a company has produced for one of it's wrestlers or what?

Just got home from the mall...they did not have it at Best Buy, and when I asked they said they aren't sure when they'll start carrying it.

So even though I hate it, I went to FYE...got it on sale for 26.99, which is good enough for me.

The packing looks awesome, the video so far is great.

OLD SCHOOL NWA PRESS CONFERNCE FOOTAGE!

This shit is great.

I'm going after today's half day at school (around 10:30 AM) to go pick up the DVD @ Best Buy...fuckers better have it...I've got 40 bucks ready to be put towards it

It would truly be an outrage if you had to pay that much for Flair's DVD, even if it's awesome and all. As far as I know Best Buy has the absolute best prices (not counting rebates and stuff) for DVDs anywhere, including those fuckers at Suncoast and FYE. You'll never see me buying in those places EVER with the prices they have.

However, I got mine from Amazon.com for $29.71. You shouldn't have to pay more than that.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I must say that I am absolutely shocked that the WWE would put a DVD like this one out. I mean, most of it is REALLY NWA footage. I couldn't believe that when I was watching it. It was set up very well and comes off really good. If anyone deserves a awesome DVD like this, it's Ric Flair.

I'm going after today's half day at school (around 10:30 AM) to go pick up the DVD @ Best Buy...fuckers better have it...I've got 40 bucks ready to be put towards it

It would truly be an outrage if you had to pay that much for Flair's DVD, even if it's awesome and all. As far as I know Best Buy has the absolute best prices (not counting rebates and stuff) for DVDs anywhere, including those fuckers at Suncoast and FYE. You'll never see me buying in those places EVER with the prices they have.

However, I got mine from Amazon.com for $29.71. You shouldn't have to pay more than that.

I paid 26.99 at those FYE "fuckers"

Plus I got a $5 mail-in rebate

Anyone watch the Pete Sanchez match yet, it's odd that Vince's commentary doesn't come in until halfway through.

So even though I hate it, I went to FYE...got it on sale for 26.99, which is good enough for me

Well, you slapped me right in the face with that. Still, I prefer Best Buy, and I'm shocked that the didn't carry that DVD, they usually have everything on the very day it's released, but reading this thread it seems they dropped the ball this time.

I must say that I am absolutely shocked that the WWE would put a DVD like this one out. I mean, most of it is REALLY NWA footage. I couldn't believe that when I was watching it. It was set up very well and comes off really good. If anyone deserves a awesome DVD like this, it's Ric Flair.

Count that as one good thing we can probably attribute to HHH

"Dad-uh, I want-uh a DVD-uh of Ric Flair's-uh best matches!"

"But Hunter he wrestled mainly in the NWA..."

"DO AS HE SAYS DADDY!"

"Okay Steph, okay"

So even though I hate it, I went to FYE...got it on sale for 26.99, which is good enough for me

Well, you slapped me right in the face with that. Still, I prefer Best Buy, and I'm shocked that the didn't carry that DVD, they usually have everything on the very day it's released, but reading this thread it seems they dropped the ball this time.

I haven't seen if the Best Buy's had it, though one did say they'd get in 25 copies.

FYE had it in their add, and they said they were getting in 16 copies (16 World Titles), I took that as a good sign.

So I walk in and it's right their on the New Release display shel, next to Santa Clause 2 and Tomb Raider and Two Towers.

Guest Dynamite Kido
I must say that I am absolutely shocked that the WWE would put a DVD like this one out.  I mean, most of it is REALLY NWA footage.  I couldn't believe that when I was watching it.  It was set up very well and comes off really good.  If anyone deserves a awesome DVD like this, it's Ric Flair.

Count that as one good thing we can probably attribute to HHH

"Dad-uh, I want-uh a DVD-uh of Ric Flair's-uh best matches!"

"But Hunter he wrestled mainly in the NWA..."

"DO AS HE SAYS DADDY!"

"Okay Steph, okay"

I can totally see the WWE coming out with HHH's best matches. All of them are Flair's greatest matches with HHH's head electronically morphed into his own face over Flair's.

HHH: See Steph-uh, I uh told you aboutuh my feud with Steamboatuh.......

I can totally see the WWE coming out with HHH's best matches. All of them are Flair's greatest matches with HHH's head electronically morphed into his own face over Flair's.

HHH: See Steph-uh, I uh told you aboutuh my feud with Steamboatuh.......

Actually, it's scary, but I swear Flair looked like HHH in his match against Sanchez, especially when he's introduced.

There's similarities, but that's mainly because HHH has been copying Flair's look for the past year. The elegant suits, shades, and all that were all Flair a good decade and a half before he was perping off it.

Ok, so I just watched the HHH/Flair match for the first time (great match) and I'm happy to say that they include the ENTIRE post-match celebration.

On a down side, The included his promo on the lst Nitro, but not his match w/ Sting on said show. Oh, well. At least I have it downloaded.

I paid 26.99 at those FYE "fuckers"

Plus I got a $5 mail-in rebate

Anyone watch the Pete Sanchez match yet, it's odd that Vince's commentary doesn't come in until halfway through.

I paid about $30, and that was w/ $5 off at Suncoast.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I got taxed as well as I pain $31.99 for it at Media Play. Nobody else had the fucking thing, and I made plans all day to watch it after work that night. I had zero intentions to wait and get it. Oh well, it's well worth it anyway.