TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

WWE News From The Online Torch

Why, because they're small, of course. Only guys Brock's size or bigger are credible, because as we know none of Mysterio's moves could ever conceivably hurt anyone.

All of this small guy / big guy bullshit is just that - BS.

Shawn Michaels was never the biggest guy in the world, but he was perfectly acceptable & believable as champion.

Oh, and BTW - Naked Mideon > A-Train. In pretty much every way imaginable, wink wink.

Yeah....it's pretty much the fans don't buy the small guys as credible because well....the WWE won't let them be credible. If the big guys would sell and put them over then it would be perfectly believable.

And don't give me any of this "It's not realistic!" bullshit.

A) Wrestling isn't real nor is it realistic

B) I've seen plenty a small guy whip a big guys ass.

Who's to say Brock and/or Goldberg will still have their titles by Wrestlemania? You're talking about an event four months from now.

Wouldn't it be possible for them to have some "epic clash of the titans" in a brand vs. brand match with those two, while having title matches with other guys?

So if its World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg Vs. WWE Champion Brock Lesnar at WM XX, are they going to bring back the Undisputed Championship? :P

Austin is supposed to be pretty excited about the angle. He took part in planning it out. Other people in the company are happy about it, too. They don't think it'll make the Survivor Series match stipulations seem like they were worthless. Wade hopes he comes back as Burt Austin, Steve's twin brother.

I sure as hell hope it's not another authoritative role for Austin.

Guest Ray
Austin is supposed to be pretty excited about the angle. He took part in planning it out. Other people in the company are happy about it, too. They don't think it'll make the Survivor Series match stipulations seem like they were worthless. Wade hopes he comes back as Burt Austin, Steve's twin brother.

I sure as hell hope it's not another authoritative role for Austin.

I second this. Austin was THE definitive anti-authority guy. GM didn't fit his character.

At 5'4'' 180 I couldn't take rey seriously against someone like the big show. He has a great spot in the cruiser division, if they let the cruisers actually have some respect. Shawn is 6 feet tall and about 230 pounds. Big difference.

At 5'4'' 180 I couldn't take rey seriously against someone like the big show. He has a great spot in the cruiser division, if they let the cruisers actually have some respect. Shawn is 6 feet tall and about 230 pounds. Big difference.

I could. I've seen plenty a guy with that big of a size difference whip some ass. You complain "It's not realistic.." well it is....it happens all the time.

Oh, and here's a whacky fact for everybody: Rey Mysterio still has not yet secured a victory on a WWE PPV.

Still?

Wow...he's going for Booker T's record!

How about RVD'S record, he hasn't won in a ppv since Survivor Series 2002.

I still say some of the best WWE champions weren't exactly the tallest guys in the world.

But Rey Jr is a cruiserweight and should remain that way, just use him to build that damn division and screw him facing Big Show.

I say you have to be at least 6'0 to be a decent champion in the WWE. Now if a guy is 6'0 and they won't sell for him then that's a load of crap.

I really couldnt see Rey as a World Champion either.

I love watching the guy, but he should be DESTROYED against guys like Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker and The Big Show. The only ME guy I could see him defeat is Kurt Angle.

I think in this day in age, if you're around the 6' foot mark, you need more then just mat work and spots to pull off being a world champion. You need to be a "brawler" as well to have any credibility against the bigger guys.

Guys like Flair, Bret, Austin, Angle, Shawn and Benoit could/can pull this off. When Bret Hart stepped into the ring, I believed he had a chance to beat anyone. I don't get that with guys like a Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and it pains me to say this, Owen Hart.

This is something that held Jericho back (besides other things of course) and it may hold back guys like Eddie and RVD.

I think in this day in age, if you're around the 6' foot mark, you need more then just mat work and spots to pull off being a world champion. You need to be a "brawler" as well to have any credibility against the bigger guys.

Guys like Flair, Bret, Austin, Angle, Shawn and Benoit could/can pull this off. When Bret Hart stepped into the ring, I believed he had a chance to beat anyone. I don't get that with guys like a Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and it pains me to say this, Owen Hart.

This is something that held Jericho back (besides other things of course) and it may hold back guys like Eddie and RVD.

I have to disagree with the Owen Hart one. Owen Hart looked superb in there with the bigger guys like Vader.

I also can't see Eddie Guererro with the WWE Title, but Jericho I CAN see holding the World Title.

I agree with what Dama is saying. If wrestling is trying to pass itself off as realism, then smaller guys should be able to get the better of the larger guys a fair amount of the time. I've seen it many times myself.

The problem comes with the fact that technical/smart wrestling has been downplayed in favor of power moves/brawling, and so in the relative kayfabe sense, it's much harder to believe that a smaller guy could best a larger man on power alone. Smaller guys beat bigger guys for the most part by outsmarting them and using their opponents size against them.

Side note: Purportedly one of the reasons Vince likes big men is because he thinks he could kick the shit out of anyone smaller than him, even though legit black belts like Tazz, Ultimo and Bischoff could probably take him out in seconds flat... not to mention he also got beat up by Bret and (Bad News) Allen Coage, who aren't exactly the biggest men either

Why should they be destroyed!? Because they're small!? That's bullshit plain and simple. Little guys beat big guys ALL the time. So because I'm 6'4" I should be able to beat the ass of anyone under 6'0"? Bullshit. I'm sure there are plenty of 5'5" guys out there that would take me to town.

Rey should never, under any circumstances, beat Big Show. In real life it would NEVER happen. Don't care if Rey was a black belt or what, just don't see it happening.

WHAT!? A guy Big Show's size vs. a guy Rey's size. The guy Rey's size moves much faster and lands some good kicks on the guy Big Show's size. He's got powerful legs so they already hurt like hell. He easily breaks the guy's knee withe a few good shots. Maybe even gets off some good punches that break his nose. Boom fight over. It's not that hard to imagine. Like I said...it happens ALL the time.

I can see it happening if they work a knee, but what's the point of it?

Rey is one of the top cruiserweights in the company so why waste him fighting big guys when he should be used to build something that crowds eat up (see Sunday Night Heat befrore SS).

It serves no purpose to even have the match for either man. If Show loses, his size no longer matters and you can't use it. So Show just becomes the big dumb slowpoke or couldn't beat someone who looks a kid wearing a Spiderman costume instead of this giant of size.

Sure it builds Rey...but for what? You know he'll never be a world champion. So he beats the Big Show for a cruiserweight title push. See, that is where it hits a roadblock.

If Show loses, his size no longer matters and you can't use it. So Show just becomes the big dumb slowpoke or couldn't beat someone who looks a kid wearing a Spiderman costume instead of this giant of size.

It amazes me how people talk about "if Big Show loses to smaller guys it'll hurt his monster status" when it seems they forgot ALL of '00-'02 when Big Show was essentially relegated to may-as-well-call-him-"Biggy Show-rowitz"-because-he's-just-above-jobber-status (complete with a job to JEFF F'KING HARDY) before they all of a sudden elevated him back up into the ME and gave him the honor of being the first to beat Brock

But, looking through WWE historian glasses, Show is the "reigning supreme" US champion right now, so it doesn't matter anyway

Rey should never, under any circumstances, beat Big Show.   In real life it would NEVER happen.  Don't care if Rey was a black belt or what, just don't see it happening.

WHAT!? A guy Big Show's size vs. a guy Rey's size. The guy Rey's size moves much faster and lands some good kicks on the guy Big Show's size. He's got powerful legs so they already hurt like hell. He easily breaks the guy's knee withe a few good shots. Maybe even gets off some good punches that break his nose. Boom fight over. It's not that hard to imagine. Like I said...it happens ALL the time.

And when Show catches him, because he knows what Rey is going to try to do, he would easily break his back with his bare hands.

Oh and gets some punches that break his nose? How? With a ladder??

Guest Dynamite Kido

This is the funny thing for me. Small guys are NOT believable, but attempted murder and necropheilia are though?

Guest MikeSC
Rey should never, under any circumstances, beat Big Show. In real life it would NEVER happen. Don't care if Rey was a black belt or what, just don't see it happening.

You know that Brian Pillman, not a big guy, beat the living snot out of Sid Vicious in real life, don't you?

-=Mike

...The "squeegee incident" that Sid was so known for.

I don't think Pillman and Sid got into. I always read they got into an arguement and Pillman keep fucking with Sid until he snapped and then went to get the squeegee to beat the piss out of him.

Either way. A lot of smaller guys win fights. A lot more get the piss beat out of them. Ever hear of small man syndrome?

A good wrestler will never be able to beat a big good wrestler.And as much as i like Rey, he is lucky if he gets the U.S. title, now RVD and Eddy they could be World champions since they weight over 200lbs,imo.

A good wrestler will never be able to beat a big good wrestler.And as much as i like Rey, he is lucky if he gets the U.S. title, now RVD and Eddy they could be World champions since they weight over 200lbs,imo.

<Error>

Presumption: Big Show is a good wrestler

Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Rey should never, under any circumstances, beat Big Show.   In real life it would NEVER happen.  Don't care if Rey was a black belt or what, just don't see it happening.

And when Show catches him, because he knows what Rey is going to try to do, he would easily break his back with his bare hands.

Oh and gets some punches that break his nose? How? With a ladder??

Have you ever seen a real fight? When someone knows what they are doing SIZE DOES NOT MATTER. I have never been trained in fighting and I'm 6'4" and considerably strong. If I went up against a guy that was 5'2" and had a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu and had been training in kickboxing for several years...I'm pretty sure I'd be beaten sensless. Being big doesn't=good fighter.