TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

Goldust Not Getting Renewed Contract

When did this become an issue of who was better.....Orton or Angle? Oh that's right because Anglesault is involved so people feel they need to troll and flamebait him.....I understand. Troll away Besus....troll away.

When did this become an issue of who was better.....Orton or Angle? Oh that's right because Anglesault is involved so people feel they need to troll and flamebait him.....I understand. Troll away Besus....troll away.

Hey, I know Angle is better.

In EVERY way Angle is better.

I just like Orton more. Fuck knows why, but I do.

Something's fishy here. Why would they make the announcement nearly 2 months before his contract expires? To the guy that answered that it gives him more time to look for work, they could have told him privately, but that they felt the need to make it public that they were not bringing him back 2 months before is strange. I agree, Dustin better be careful...

They did the same for D'Lo and I think* Raven. It gets their names out there so more people know instead of word of mouth and rumors. TNA (if they didn;t already know this was coming) are already thinking of things for Dustin and Indy promoters are probably trying to send him feelers already.

Guest Anglesault

Nothing about being a broken record implies that what I'm saying is untrue.

Randy Orton is not worthless.

Well, not as a human being, but what worth does he have to the company?

He's never had a *good* singles match (Even his "good" tag matches are debatable)

He's boring as hell on the mic.

He's not at all over. Not at all.

He does nothing for ratings.

What is their reasoning for keeping him?

Angle Will you ever shut up about Randy Orton?

Damn.

When they fire him.

He's boring as hell on the mic.

He's good on the mic. Kurt Angle is boring on the mic.

This as, Ray said, is subjective, so I'm not going to push it. I do think the fact that no one responds to Orton promos proves my point, but I can see Ray's point.

He gets heat.Turn him face and He'll get cheered like he was getting on "smackdown".

That's just a bold faced lie.

And Kurt Angle does?

Highest ratings drawing regular wrestler on his show.

Unforgiven 2003.

One of the most over rated matches of the year, IMO, of course. I think so man people were waiting for an Orton match that wasn't downright awful that when they saw one they pounced on it and made it much better than it really was.

His heat isn't the worst. Don't act like it is.

Who's less over? Besides, say, Mark Henry who doesn't get the Orton push.

You expect him to?

If he's gonna be pushed to the top, his segments better get some serious ratings. They do not. Hell, his frigging manager gets damned good ratings (for a manager)and Orton doesn't. That tells me something.

The better question is, what reason is there for such vehement Orton hate?

Big push based on his look and connections and nothing else.

Guest Besus

Not it aint.You dont hear boos? He may not get them everyweek but he gets them.

Guest Anglesault

Not it aint.You dont hear boos? He may not get them everyweek

Uhuh.

I've never heard him come out to boos.

I've seen certain things he does get booed (and others stay heatless)

But the goal is kind of to keep a steady overness week after week, which you just said he does not.

Getting booed once everymonth for RKOing the hometown guy (Cuban, Moolah, whoever) just aint gonna cut it.

If anyone who disagrees with the Orton bashing wants to take a page out of my book and change their sn to "Ortonsault", they are more than welcomed to!

I'm sure that should mean something to me.

Guest Besus
I've never heard him come out to boos.

His interview with JR on the ramp.Soon he came out he got boos.

Guest Ray
One of the most over rated matches of the year, IMO, of course. I think so man people were waiting for an Orton match that wasn't downright awful that when they saw one they pounced on it and made it much better than it really was.

Eh, I haven't seen loads of praise for that match.

It was a solid, fun wrestling match. Orton did some nice work on the mat attacking Shawn's arm. Shawn's did his silly nip-up late in the match (as always), but other than that it was fine. Good build and flow. Around *** on my scale, and worthy of the term "good."

I'd like to see Orton in more matches like this to see what he can do.

If he's gonna be pushed to the top, his segments better get some serious ratings. They do not. Hell, his frigging manager gets damned good ratings (for a manager)and Orton doesn't. That tells me something.

But Orton isn't being pushed to the top. Brock Lesnar in 2002 was a push to the top. Orton's push isn't nearly as big as people make it out to be.

Big push based on his look and connections and nothing else.

The "connection" thing is exaggerated. It's WWE, where looks are very important. He also has a certain amount of charisma and can have a decent match. If he were getting a Lesnar 2002 type push, then complaints would be valid. He's getting an upper-mid-carder IC title push. It's not that big.

He's right at the level he should be. He fits well the the legend killer gimmick.

It's a forum board, not a cult. We all don't have to think the same.

It's fine. But to drag Angle into a discussion that has nothing to do with him just because the poster involves loves Angle and you know it'll get to them is not right.

He can like Orton all he wants but I am getting sick and tired of anytime Anglesault is involved someone jumps in "Well Angle sucks" just because it's AS. If I was saying the things that Anglesault is saying I can GURANTEE Angle's name would not be brought up. If his name was BenoitSault people would be bring Benoit in and bashing him for no reason. See where I'm going? Anytime AS is involved people seem to bring up Angle just to get under his skin.

But like I said........like Orton all you want.

Guest Ray

Angle is OBVIOUSLY better than Orton, but Angle has more experience and has had more to work with. Angle had a dozen matches with the best WWF/E wrestler ever who was having one of the best years of his career.

People whose subsequent firing is undeserved...IT'S AN UNBELIEVABLE PRECEDENT.

Don't you think there's a reason Dustin has been released for the umpteenth time?

Guest Besus

He always bring Orton up so why cant I bring Kurt up? We talking about Goldust and Here he comes talking about Orton.We can be talking about Booker T and He'll bring up Orton.

If you say someone sucks he'll bring up Orton.

"Yeah just like SuckBag Orton he sucks too"

Guest Anglesault

Eh, I haven't seen loads of praise for that match.

It was a solid, fun wrestling match. Orton did some nice work on the mat attacking Shawn's arm. Shawn's did his silly nip-up late in the match (as always), but other than that it was fine. Good build and flow. Around *** on my scale, and worthy of the term "good."

I call it *1/2. Didn't enjoy it at all.

Of course, we're not going to agree on this. Move on.

But Orton isn't being pushed to the top. Brock Lesnar in 2002 was a push to the top. Orton's push isn't nearly as big as people make it out to be.

For a guy who has trouble getting a crowd reaction, main eventing the number two PPV, holding two wins over one of the top faces, and removing the top face from the show is huge.

The rumors of him facing HHH for the world title at Mania just make things worse, but will corss that bridge when and if we come to it.

The "connection" thing is exaggerated.

HHH: I'll get him over or die trying.

Guest Ray
I call it *1/2. Didn't enjoy it at all.

What was wrong with the match?

For a guy who has trouble getting a crowd reaction,

He gets a reaction.

main eventing the number two PPV

Whoa! When was this?! Being one man in a six man match isn't "main eventing" in my book.

holding two wins over one of the top faces, and removing the top face from the show is huge.

Eh, not really. He's still getting a IC level push. He beat Michaels by cheating. He's not DESTROYING people like Lensar.

Orton's push isn't that big.

The rumors of him facing HHH for the world title at Mania just make things worse, but will corss that bridge when and if we come to it.

Now that would warrant some complaints.

HHH: I'll get him over or die trying.

Oops, I thought you were talking about the Cowboy Bob connection. :lol:

Guest Besus

He got cheered on Smackdown.

He got boo his return on Raw last December or Was it Janurary?

He got some cheers during his match on Raw against Goldberg.

He got "you suck" chants 2 weeks ago.

He got cheered w/Flair during his match against Cade/Jindrak(I think it there 1st match against them and I got it on tape).

Guest Anglesault

For a guy who has trouble getting a crowd reaction.

*sighs*

Im done.

You yourself admitted he doesn't get a steady reaction.

What was wrong with the match?

Found it to be rather basic and fomula (read: dull) with an awful finish

.He gets a reaction.

I must be the only one who misses the boos reigning down from the rafters at the sight of him.

People whose subsequent firing is undeserved...IT'S AN UNBELIEVABLE PRECEDENT.

Don't you think there's a reason Dustin has been released for the umpteenth time?

Umpteenth? It's only his third, if you count the time he was in the WWF with Dusty...

Damn, it's sad that I can remember little stuff from watching the WWF in 1989, but the last two years goes blank.

When was Randy Orton on Smackdown let alone being cheered?

Now drink the Kool-Aid, boy.

I'm on my 5th Molson Canadian. Good enough?

Damn, it's sad that I can remember little stuff from watching the WWF in 1989, but the last two years goes blank.

When was Randy Orton on Smackdown let alone being cheered?

When he debuted (he fought Holly).

Now drink the Kool-Aid, boy.

I'm on my 5th Molson Canadian. Good enough?

No.

You shoulda been on your 12th.